Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Rogers] QC Only - 7 GB plan: Canada Wide $62 BYOP or $77 (2 yr) / Province Wide: $57 or $72 ( + Corp Discount: 30% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2016 9:37 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3427 posts
1901 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ogitrice wrote: I also could get the same deal as you (39,90$ for qc unlimited w/ 7gb). I have a 3yrs old iPhone 5s right and was thinking of maybe getting the Galaxy S7.

I don't know if it's worth it. It would cost me 12$ more per month tax in (57.xx vs 45.xx), so roughly 288$ over 2 years on a contract. Rogers doesn't have the same deal as Samsung Canada for trade ins, so it'd cost me 230$ tax in to get the phone with the 2yrs contract. That brings the total to 518$ for the S7.

If I choose this path, do you think Rogers will lower my plan back from 72$ to 57$ once the contract is over or i'm stuck with the 72$ plan? If that's the case, then I better take the 57$ plan and buy a phone?
truth be told, get the plan and hunt for a phone. your iphone still does the job right? if so, there's going to be plenty of phone deals (on year old model) to be had when the latest models are out. and keep an eye on koodo deals. their tabs make any phone quite inexpensive
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
akumashinto wrote: How did you guys proceed with BYOP and corpo discount ? The agent is telling me to buy a sim card before we can do anything ? And then call them back. Should I activate it now and just ask for the discount ? Or should i do everything otp?
I was already with Rogers on the old corp 350 plan, I already had an account and a sim card... made the change directly through Rogers, as my rep never called me back...

EDIT: if your phone is already unlocked, and just need the sim card, go to Costco's cell phone kiosk, I bought my sim card there as Rogers was asking $34 + taxes for a programmed sim card, and Costco was only asking $10 + taxes...
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Sep 9th, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
ogitrice wrote:
DoorCrasher wrote:
ogitrice wrote: I also could get the same deal as you (39,90$ for qc unlimited w/ 7gb). I have a 3yrs old iPhone 5s right and was thinking of maybe getting the Galaxy S7.

I don't know if it's worth it. It would cost me 12$ more per month tax in (57.xx vs 45.xx), so roughly 288$ over 2 years on a contract. Rogers doesn't have the same deal as Samsung Canada for trade ins, so it'd cost me 230$ tax in to get the phone with the 2yrs contract. That brings the total to 518$ for the S7.

If I choose this path, do you think Rogers will lower my plan back from 72$ to 57$ once the contract is over or i'm stuck with the 72$ plan? If that's the case, then I better take the 57$ plan and buy a phone?
I think that when your tab is paid off you Can call them and ask the lower Price, but this plan is à limited time offer si you should call them and ask... I bought m'y phone outright, and ask them to match Telus's crédit ($400) theg refuser $400 but gave me $150... When you do not ask you get jogging... ;)
Thanks
don't forget that there is a big chance that this 7Gb plan, at that price, won't be available anymore in 2 years, and just like sumtimw0ng said, if your phone does the job you should probably keep it and buy outright when there is a deal... IPhone 7 is out, probably you will be able to fin IPhone 6 at a better price in few months...
Feb 27, 2016
271 posts
188 upvotes
akumashinto wrote: How did you guys proceed with BYOP and corpo discount ? The agent is telling me to buy a sim card before we can do anything ? And then call them back. Should I activate it now and just ask for the discount ? Or should i do everything otp?
Called Rogers and opened an account. They sent me the Sim card. When you want to activate the line, you call them back and ask that they send you a code to your corporate email (the email you use for your job). Call them back again with the code and they'll apply the discount. Voila
Feb 27, 2016
271 posts
188 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
ogitrice wrote:
DoorCrasher wrote:

I think that when your tab is paid off you Can call them and ask the lower Price, but this plan is à limited time offer si you should call them and ask... I bought m'y phone outright, and ask them to match Telus's crédit ($400) theg refuser $400 but gave me $150... When you do not ask you get jogging... ;)
Thanks
don't forget that there is a big chance that this 7Gb plan, at that price, won't be available anymore in 2 years, and just like sumtimw0ng said, if your phone does the job you should probably keep it and buy outright when there is a deal... IPhone 7 is out, probably you will be able to fin IPhone 6 at a better price in few months...
You're right thanks, i'll just change the battery of my 5s. After 3 years it sucks pretty bad...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
ogitrice wrote:
Called Rogers and opened an account. They sent me the Sim card. When you want to activate the line, you call them back and ask that they send you a code to your corporate email (the email you use for your job). Call them back again with the code and they'll apply the discount. Voila
That's what I've done. took 3 seconds to receive their "token" via job email, and, as you said, voilà! ;)
Dec 15, 2009
151 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
ogitrice wrote:

So i actually went to Rogers to activate a new line (BYOP and i did not pay for the SIM) and received the Corpo Token via email.
Now i need to talk to a Corpo Rep to apply the discount (waiting for them to call me back via the callback option).

Thanks
Dec 15, 2009
151 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote:
I was already with Rogers on the old corp 350 plan, I already had an account and a sim card... made the change directly through Rogers, as my rep never called me back...

EDIT: if your phone is already unlocked, and just need the sim card, go to Costco's cell phone kiosk, I bought my sim card there as Rogers was asking $34 + taxes for a programmed sim card, and Costco was only asking $10 + taxes...
Thanks.
I did activate the line at a Rogers store and the SIM was free.
Now i need to apply the discount.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
akumashinto wrote:
DoorCrasher wrote:

Thanks.
for the corp discount you just have to call Rogers, and they will send you a "token" to your work email. Or call your rep.
Dec 4, 2013
344 posts
520 upvotes
Longueuil
My wife is part of the CSQ (Syndicat de Champlain) which have corporate discount with Rogers. I was wondering, since we are living together at the same address. Am I eligible for the corporate discount also or the account must absolutely be under her name ?

Thanks !
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2674 posts
972 upvotes
Montreal
vcadieux wrote: My wife is part of the CSQ (Syndicat de Champlain) which have corporate discount with Rogers. I was wondering, since we are living together at the same address. Am I eligible for the corporate discount also or the account must absolutely be under her name ?

Thanks !
Must be under her name, as they verify the employment through her corp e-mail. She can add a line for 45$ extra or 55$ I don't recall which one exactly so you can benefit what she has on her plan (shared)
Dec 15, 2009
151 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote:
akumashinto wrote:
DoorCrasher wrote:

Thanks.
for the corp discount you just have to call Rogers, and they will send you a "token" to your work email. Or call your rep.
Yep just did it
Thanks !
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
vcadieux wrote: My wife is part of the CSQ (Syndicat de Champlain) which have corporate discount with Rogers. I was wondering, since we are living together at the same address. Am I eligible for the corporate discount also or the account must absolutely be under her name ?

Thanks !
No, it won't work, but go on the Rogers page, you will see how much it is for a second line under the same account. But there is no way to apply a rebate whatsoever on the second line. You will share the same plan, so you share the minutes (no problem since the plan is unlimited everything) and share the data. For the plan we are talking about it is 7Gb shared between all the lines activated under the same account.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
akumashinto wrote:
DoorCrasher wrote:
akumashinto wrote:

Thanks.
Yep just did it
Thanks !
Was a pleasure helping you. Now, don't forget to choose your "experience" you can have 6 months of Spotify premium or Shomi or Texture, Tou.tv for and NHL Game Center Live free as well
Feb 21, 2013
23 posts
4 upvotes
i called yesterday after i applied the discount to my line to ask out of curiosity, rep told me he could give me a 10$ off so 2GB and unlimited calling for extra 30$ for an extra line pretty good deal he put it on my file i will call back later to add it perhaps.
Oct 26, 2015
62 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
Tried to read through all the pages to get a status update on "Getting the QUEBEC rates while living in ONTARIO".

From what I've gathered:
I can't simply call in ask for a change to a Quebec # and plan.
>>>>I will need to give a Quebec address, say I've moved, and attempt to keep the original phone number.

I live in Ottawa, about a 3 minute hop over to Gatineau. I work in Gatineau.
**and have 30% corporate discount/government.

By all accounts, will this method work?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Maulzy wrote: Tried to read through all the pages to get a status update on "Getting the QUEBEC rates while living in ONTARIO".

From what I've gathered:
>>>>I will need to give a Quebec address, say I've moved, and attempt to keep the original phone number.

The plans are available only based on area code (not billing address, not location of sign up). If you're willing to switch to a QC area code permanently, then you can take advantage of the deal, no matter where you are in Canada (although some reps/retail locations might may make it harder to get than others). However, no matter what, you will NOT, under any circumstance, be able to get this plan and then later port in/keep any other non QC number (416/905/613/etc).
Oct 26, 2015
62 posts
30 upvotes
Ottawa
habsfan321 wrote:
Maulzy wrote: Tried to read through all the pages to get a status update on "Getting the QUEBEC rates while living in ONTARIO".

From what I've gathered:

The plans are available only based on area code (not billing address, not location of sign up). If you're willing to switch to a QC area code permanently, then you can take advantage of the deal, no matter where you are in Canada (although some reps/retail locations might may make it harder to get than others). However, no matter what, you will NOT, under any circumstance, be able to get this plan and then later port in/keep any other non QC number (416/905/613/etc).
Can confirm when I got home, that giving a Quebec address is not enough. You need to take the Quebec area code to get the cheaper plan.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Maulzy wrote:
habsfan321 wrote:

From what I've gathered:

Can confirm when I got home, that giving a Quebec address is not enough. You need to take the Quebec area code to get the cheaper plan.
isn't what that habsfan321 said??
Last edited by DoorCrasher on Sep 9th, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2004
463 posts
60 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
habsfan321 wrote:
Are you sure about this? I live in Gatineau, and have a 613 number. I specifically asked about porting this number in to Rogers from Videotron when the customer service rep called to confirm my iPhone 7 order. The rep told me the only important part is that I have a verified Quebec address with one piece of photo ID plus a second piece of ID. I simply read off my my Quebec Driver's License Number so I am not sure about the photo part and my credit card served as the second piece.

I guess I will find out for sure when the new phone arrives and I do the port in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)