Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] [Retention] Rogers Retention Gigabit Internet Plan and Price

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2016 10:35 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 10, 2015
29 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Rogers] [Retention] Rogers Retention Gigabit Internet Plan and Price

Hey. Just wanted to let you guys know that Rogers might give you this plan for home internet. I got the Rogers ignite gigabit 1GB download and 50mb upload for $79.99 a month. Regular price is 149.99. Hot deal imo. I just called Rogers and said I was ending the service and they offered this plan in hopes of staying. Looks like they succeeded. :) Good luck.
Last edited by mistersir on Aug 12th, 2016 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2510 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Honestly I think this deserves its own thread, and shouldn't be merged into the Retentions thread (at least not right away).

$79 for gigabit is amazing! (obvoiusly not as hot as the deal from June -- $99 for gigabit and VIP) but this is as close as you're going to get it.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1159 upvotes
mistersir wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 2:08 am
Hey. Just wanted to let you guys know that Rogers might give you this plan for home internet. I got the Rogers ignite gigabit 1GB download and 50mb upload for $79.99 a month. Regular price is 149.99. Hot deal imo. I just called Rogers and said I was ending the service and they offered this plan in hopes of staying. Looks like they succeeded. :) Good luck.
No, a hot deal was when they were offering the same 1GB internet and VIP cable for $99.99.

That deal will never be topped.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2274 posts
1296 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
That deal was then. This is now. OP was anxious to share his great deal and I agree. Come on guys. Use your down votes wisely.

OP thanks for sharing. Unfortunately Rogers does not service my area for now.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2274 posts
1296 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
OP thanks to you, I am just helping my Uncle secure this plan in Scarborough. I wish I could vote you more than once. I have no idea why folks downvote this deal. It's not that you were trolling or being rude or posting something silly.

Thanks again and keep finding those deals.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1154 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
thanks for sharing OP. Might not be the best deal ever but nice to have an idea what Rogers is offering these days.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1658 posts
1147 upvotes
Thanks OP, going to upvote this thread just because this is actually a good price for 1 gigabit. Did they mention how long the discount last for? Is it 2 years?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
13448 posts
1729 upvotes
Mississauga
It's a crazy good deal. A gigabit connection for less than $100 bucks from Rogers.
Member
Feb 17, 2009
473 posts
251 upvotes
ekcivichb wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 7:58 am
mistersir wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 2:08 am
Hey. Just wanted to let you guys know that Rogers might give you this plan for home internet. I got the Rogers ignite gigabit 1GB download and 50mb upload for $79.99 a month. Regular price is 149.99. Hot deal imo. I just called Rogers and said I was ending the service and they offered this plan in hopes of staying. Looks like they succeeded. :) Good luck.
No, a hot deal was when they were offering the same 1GB internet and VIP cable for $99.99.

That deal will never be topped.
Really? How long ago? And what was the duration of the discount?
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1159 upvotes
si2k7801 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 10:30 am
ekcivichb wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 7:58 am
mistersir wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 2:08 am
Hey. Just wanted to let you guys know that Rogers might give you this plan for home internet. I got the Rogers ignite gigabit 1GB download and 50mb upload for $79.99 a month. Regular price is 149.99. Hot deal imo. I just called Rogers and said I was ending the service and they offered this plan in hopes of staying. Looks like they succeeded. :) Good luck.
No, a hot deal was when they were offering the same 1GB internet and VIP cable for $99.99.

That deal will never be topped.
Really? How long ago? And what was the duration of the discount?
It was maybe one month ago....and they offered 2 year price protection on it.

The deal was dead after like 24 hours, but seems like 90% of RFD was able to get it.
Member
Feb 17, 2009
473 posts
251 upvotes
ekcivichb wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 3:07 pm
si2k7801 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 10:30 am
ekcivichb wrote:
Aug 12th, 2016 7:58 am

1 day deal. Rogers....

No, a hot deal was when they were offering the same 1GB internet and VIP cable for $99.99.

That deal will never be topped.
Really? How long ago? And what was the duration of the discount?
It was maybe one month ago....and they offered 2 year price protection on it.

The deal was dead after like 24 hours, but seems like 90% of RFD was able to get it.

Top