Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2718 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 12:56 pm
Oh ok. Same here, I have a similar deal for internet the W35 which I don't want to give up either. Not sure if we can contact the ambassador department...might be worth a shot
How do you contact the ambassador department? Is that like the winback department?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1326 posts
984 upvotes
Zedem000 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 12:40 pm
Like I said, I didn't pay any additional fees AND I got the bill credits - I'm quite capable in reading my bill. The additional bill credit was applied in the second month.
Nobody else pays additional fees either, AND they still get the same "additional" bill credits too. The "additional" bill credit always comes in the second month.
I'm pretty sure people are just commenting that it's not anything new or different (and hence it's misleading to say that it is), and I'm not sure why you don't understand that lol so I'm just gonna leave it.

No need to get so defensive, we're all just trying to help each other out here as RFDers. :)
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
1256 posts
66 upvotes
So I called Rogers to renegotiate my 3 services, and this is what they had to offer me on first contact:

- Digital Plus TV $43.99 ($20 discount) + free PVR
- Ignite 100U $69 ($15 discount)
- Home Phone $10
Total: $141/month tax in

This deal involves a contract term on the Internet only (forgot how long the contract period was for).

Not sure what to do... discounts look like crap right now. Should I take this or wait for the new prices/ pay-per-channel options to take effect?
Nov 27, 2015
22 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danyo wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 8:24 pm
Nobody else pays additional fees either, AND they still get the same "additional" bill credits too. The "additional" bill credit always comes in the second month.
I'm pretty sure people are just commenting that it's not anything new or different (and hence it's misleading to say that it is), and I'm not sure why you don't understand that lol so I'm just gonna leave it.

No need to get so defensive, we're all just trying to help each other out here as RFDers. :)
I think you're missing the point my friend. I'm trying to explain to you, so that people understand, that the bill credits I got were higher with Feizel than with Steve or the call centre and you're insisting on shooting down my responses each time when you're not even a client. I'm not sure why you are being so difficult with this. It's simple math. Steve said $60 bill credit and Feizel said $60 bill credit plus an additional $150 in second month and that $150 appeared AND the fees waived. It not misleading, it's simple math. I would have given Rogers crap for misleading me like that and made sure I wasn't being played.

I don't understand why the contingent around here is so hard press to let anything past Steve. Like I keep saying to you and the others, stop being a mafioso. You guys are obviously benefiting from Steve (which goes against this forum) and I'm trying to let the other RFDers know there are other options. There are other agents that can provide better deals - call them.
Dec 4, 2013
452 posts
177 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Zedem000 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 10:08 pm
I think you're missing the point my friend. I'm trying to explain to you, so that people understand, that the bill credits I got were higher with Feizel than with Steve or the call centre and you're insisting on shooting down my responses each time when you're not even a client. I'm not sure why you are being so difficult with this. It's simple math. Steve said $60 bill credit and Feizel said $60 bill credit plus an additional $150 in second month and that $150 appeared AND the fees waived. It not misleading, it's simple math. I would have given Rogers crap for misleading me like that and made sure I wasn't being played.

I don't understand why the contingent around here is so hard press to let anything past Steve. Like I keep saying to you and the others, stop being a mafioso. You guys are obviously benefiting from Steve (which goes against this forum) and I'm trying to let the other RFDers know there are other options. There are other agents that can provide better deals - call them.
But his name isn't Steve, therefore he can't be trusted. /sarcasm

That said, I suggest everyone waits until March when Rogers typically releases new deals, prior to dealing with either of these two charming young men. Keep in mind though that there is no guarantee that new deals will come out in March, and no guarantees that they will be any good. That said, I sincerely hope the percentage discounts are back.
Feb 16, 2016
22 posts
77 upvotes
Right now my bill is 175$ including tax.
My internet is 67$ and is 60 down 10 up. unlimited usage. But with speed test down is always 80+
My TV is basic and is like 107$? but it has some add ons I think it's supposed to be like 75 regularly.
In order to get the "deal" they were giving me for internet when I threatened to leave, they said I had to keep my cable even though I wanted to cancel it and do only internet.
No idea how I got these add on things? "packs"? No idea how to remove them either.
Sep 20, 2011
25 posts
1 upvote
NEPEAN
yourmemory wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 8:47 pm
So I called Rogers to renegotiate my 3 services, and this is what they had to offer me on first contact:

- Home Phone $10

This deal involves a contract term on the Internet only (forgot how long the contract period was for).

Not sure what to do... discounts look like crap right now. Should I take this or wait for the new prices/ pay-per-channel options to take effect?
its better than i was offered. 1 hour on the phone and best i could do is your total but only basic cable instead of digital plus, :/ i took it anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
6110 posts
1062 upvotes
Mississauga
yourmemory wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 8:47 pm

- Home Phone $10

Although you don't give any details of the home phone, for eg. does it include free long distance + 6 features? Either way that does seem like a good deal considering it's including tax.

Based on what I've been reading the best deals seem to be on a 3 service bundle package.
Feb 23, 2005
93 posts
84 upvotes
Strongly recommend putting in cancellation notice and wait for ambassador department to call. The only way for existing customers to get offers similar to last year's promotions.
Jul 24, 2012
74 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 7:35 pm
How do you contact the ambassador department? Is that like the winback department?
makker wrote:
Feb 18th, 2016 9:17 am
Strongly recommend putting in cancellation notice and wait for ambassador department to call. The only way for existing customers to get offers similar to last year's promotions.
I believe so. Not sure if somebody can provide us with the ambassador department info if available? So right after I cancelled my cable yesterday, the guy calls back and said if I cancel the cable, I will lose my internet promotion (I have the w35 deal locked in for 8 years) so I reversed the cancellation. My question is if I cancel my cable and internet, will I still be able to keep my W35 promo if i decided to reverse the cancellation (in case if ambassador doesn't call back). This is so frustrating! Thanks in advance
Feb 23, 2005
93 posts
84 upvotes
hockey9898 wrote:
Feb 18th, 2016 9:27 am
I believe so. Not sure if somebody can provide us with the ambassador department info if available? So right after I cancelled my cable yesterday, the guy calls back and said if I cancel the cable, I will lose my internet promotion (I have the w35 deal locked in for 8 years) so I reversed the cancellation. My question is if I cancel my cable and internet, will I still be able to keep my W35 promo if i decided to reverse the cancellation (in case if ambassador doesn't call back). Thanks in advance
I think you have to wait for them to call, as it looks like they make individual offers to customers based on services. I was called back about one week after putting in cancellation notice.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2718 posts
812 upvotes
Toronto
hockey9898 wrote:
I believe so. Not sure if somebody can provide us with the ambassador department info if available? So right after I cancelled my cable yesterday, the guy calls back and said if I cancel the cable, I will lose my internet promotion (I have the w35 deal locked in for 8 years) so I reversed the cancellation. My question is if I cancel my cable and internet, will I still be able to keep my W35 promo if i decided to reverse the cancellation (in case if ambassador doesn't call back). This is so frustrating! Thanks in advance
Hmmm.. they had never told me anything about losing my internet promo (also locked in for 8 years) if I were to cancel my cable. Hoping that's not the case! I am pretty sure my cable and internet are independent of each other.
makker wrote:
Feb 18th, 2016 9:32 am
I think you have to wait for them to call, as it looks like they make individual offers to customers based on services. I was called back about one week after putting in cancellation notice.
It's been more than a week for me. Do you mind telling us what kind of offer you received?

Thanks!
Feb 23, 2005
93 posts
84 upvotes
marcsterr wrote:
Feb 18th, 2016 10:01 am
Hmmm.. they had never told me anything about losing my internet promo (also locked in for 8 years) if I were to cancel my cable. Hoping that's not the case! I am pretty sure my cable and internet are independent of each other.

It's been more than a week for me. Do you mind telling us what kind of offer you received?

Thanks!
Was paying $121 tx in for fibre 60, home phone, digital plus. Offer through ambassador was ignite 60, home phone with 6 features and N/A long distance, and digital plus for $117 tx in, so actually went down. Pleasantly surprised with ambassador offer and stayed with rogers. 2 yr price protected.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8157 posts
1799 upvotes
Ontario
hockey9898 wrote:
W35 is an independent promo.
Either you or the rep was mistaken, or something got lost in the discussion.

While they may not offer you a discount on TV if you remain on W35, you are certainly free to cancel TV without it affecting your Internet W35 promo.
Oct 21, 2013
180 posts
66 upvotes
waterloo, on
Does anyone know if there are any student deals available fir internet ?

Also, what are the latest no contract deals available ? I am only interested in internet.

If i do take the contract, 2 yr 100 U for 69.99, how much would I have to pay to break the contract just in case ?

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 5 guests)

bmw330i, kingofboggle, shenaini71