Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
I don't need to really be concerned about this until my existing contract expires in another 12 months, however, a question!

I just happened to be looking at the Rogers small business website. The prices there (with 2 yr contract) look to be much better then residential prices. In particular, though, they're offering 'Business VIP' TV (when bundled with internet/phone) for $39.00/month (hd box included, not pvr). The channel list looks to be the old VIP, not the packages they're now offering for residential. If it was possible to drop the phone and just bundle internet/tv, It looks like it would be possible to get 100u+ vip for around $100 (which matches my target pricing)

Can a residential customer order from the small business division? If not, what is required for a residential customer to become a business customer?

(edit)

LIve chatted with business sales - They'll only provide business tv to commercial addresses i.e. not home run business. Internet access however is available through them.
May 12, 2014
34 posts
1 upvote
Ajax, ON
Hi,

I've got about 12 months left on my current contract with Rogers (Internet only 250u). Was just curious to how long I should wait until I start attempting to get a new deal from them? Is the last 6 months or so the correct time or do you wait until just before it's about to run out?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4361 posts
2097 upvotes
Northside
JustIs wrote:
May 29th, 2017 9:31 am
Hi,

I've got about 12 months left on my current contract with Rogers (Internet only 250u). Was just curious to how long I should wait until I start attempting to get a new deal from them? Is the last 6 months or so the correct time or do you wait until just before it's about to run out?
a month or two before your contract runs out
#WeTheNorth
May 12, 2014
34 posts
1 upvote
Ajax, ON
zaidyboy wrote:
May 29th, 2017 10:51 am
a month or two before your contract runs out
Thanks.
Mar 4, 2012
2 posts
BOLTON
Hi all, Steve helped me out about 2 years ago to get Rogers Ignite 100u for a good deal. I'm not on any contract and Roger's recently increased my bill $5 like many others. I'm basically looking for Internet service only for the best price possible. Any suggestions how to go about that or what it would cost? Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2472 posts
2144 upvotes
GTA
Cnsultnt wrote:
May 28th, 2017 6:35 pm
They offered me 'Select' for 25% off, 39.99.
Not quite ready to cut the cord, but I did cut back to the Starter package, and I paid for one $5 add-on.
Did you get the Select 39.99 offer from retentions? How long was the term on that price? What other services and/or deals do you have with Rogers? I already have separate discounts on home phone and internet and would like to get the 39.99 cable deal as well--- Select will give me TSN etc which i don't have with old Basic plan.
Nov 14, 2003
214 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
It was probably retentions; I don't recall. A couple of days later, a field sales rep, door-to-door, offered the same. Sorry, I didn't ask the term.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2472 posts
2144 upvotes
GTA
Could somebody please post the phone # for retentions? Thanks!
Feb 1, 2014
37 posts
4 upvotes
What are the best current internet only deals for new customers?

I tried finding it in this thread but it's quite daunting.

Thanks and much appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5703 posts
1411 upvotes
GTA
Kaplano wrote:
May 29th, 2017 9:35 pm
What are the best current internet only deals for new customers?

I tried finding it in this thread but it's quite daunting.

Thanks and much appreciated.
website shows 150u for 69.99 + hst
Sep 12, 2016
314 posts
132 upvotes
Ottawa
zaidyboy wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:42 am
***UPDATE***

A possibility that U63 will expire by May 30th 2017
Was wondering if any more info came up about this? Moving in next few months and didn't want to miss it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4361 posts
2097 upvotes
Northside
lyricidal wrote:
May 30th, 2017 12:11 pm
Was wondering if any more info came up about this? Moving in next few months and didn't want to miss it. Thanks.
no update yet
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3392 posts
612 upvotes
I know Bell's gigabit offer is back (signed up for it yesterday), so I'd be surprised if Rogers doesn't keep a variation of theirs around.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4361 posts
2097 upvotes
Northside
CorSter wrote:
May 30th, 2017 12:16 pm
I know Bell's gigabit offer is back (signed up for it yesterday), so I'd be surprised if Rogers doesn't keep a variation of theirs around.
they are aware of it and will likely keep the U63 around or add more to the bundle is my guess.
#WeTheNorth
Dec 19, 2004
252 posts
16 upvotes
London
I'm moving to a new house in August and currently paying $110.69 (including tax) for Ignite 100u, Basic Cable and HDPVR.

Should I be looking to sign up a new account under my wife's name to take advantage of new customer pricing, or should I stick with my current package?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)