Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jun 28, 2018
13 posts
I called today to get a better deal from my old one.

Currently have
120 down, 10 up
wireless home phone
select tv
--
paying ~$130 after taxes

Called explaining the bell door to door offer (150 down, tv and home phone for $99)

They offered the plan on their website ($144 for 150u,tv, home phone) and said they have nothing else to offer. Been a Rogers customer for 10+ years. Jeez.
Sep 17, 2009
86 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
miredosl0p wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:57 pm
I called today to get a better deal from my old one.

Currently have
120 down, 10 up
wireless home phone
select tv
--
paying ~$130 after taxes

Called explaining the bell door to door offer (150 down, tv and home phone for $99)

They offered the plan on their website ($144 for 150u,tv, home phone) and said they have nothing else to offer. Been a Rogers customer for 10+ years. Jeez.
Call Bell, try to get their Small Business internet see what is available to you and talk to them about getting tv, phone. etc tacked on and see what they will offer you. I got an insane deal through their reps.

https://business.bell.ca/shop/small-business/internet
Sep 24, 2006
597 posts
60 upvotes
Guelph, On
trying for gigabit plus premier tv for 110 right now via facebook as my 1 yr contract ends august 8
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2147 posts
353 upvotes
knacks wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 1:53 pm
I got them to give the 500u. Initially they told me 2 years, but now they're saying they made a mistake and it's only 1 year.

So.
500u, unlimited bandwidth
premier tv
1 year free of netbox HD PVR.
for 118 tax in.

looks good but I don't like it that it's only 1 year though... aren't most deals 2 years?
that's what i got two weeks ago and it includes TMN/HBO, i had to call to add time shifting tho
May 19, 2008
22 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
This past Friday I accepted the following:
- 1 gig internet
- Premiere with TMN/HBO
- PVR box

Total: 105 + tax/month for one year.

Hope this helps someone.
Feb 18, 2013
214 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
I cancelled my internet/cable package on Friday, got the winback email today, and got Premier/500u for 100+ tax for one year

Live in GTA, hope this helps
Jan 11, 2014
4 posts
Ajax
Hi, I wanted to know how cancelling my service works. The CSR told me that it's a same day cancellation (I thought it's scheduled in advance). Will they cut off my service and then you get an email offer from the win back department?

TIA
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2351 posts
328 upvotes
Mhinatot wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 5:38 pm
Hi, I wanted to know how cancelling my service works. The CSR told me that it's a same day cancellation (I thought it's scheduled in advance). Will they cut off my service and then you get an email offer from the win back department?
You can schedule the cancellation date up to 45 days into the future.
Jan 11, 2014
4 posts
Ajax
The lady I spoke to said that they cancel the same day, thatbif I cancel, they'd cut it off today. Is that true?
Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
Mhinatot wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 9:25 pm
The lady I spoke to said that they cancel the same day, thatbif I cancel, they'd cut it off today. Is that true?
No, that's the person you're speaking too's way of not being the person to place the cancellation request. A cancellation can be pre-dated.

Since you're asking, i'd guess you didn't place a cancellation = it works.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2351 posts
328 upvotes
cleacy1972 wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 10:30 pm
No, that's the person you're speaking too's way of not being the person to place the cancellation request. A cancellation can be pre-dated.

Since you're asking, i'd guess you didn't place a cancellation = it works.
What's with the lies to avoid the cancellation request? Are they penalized for failing to make the "save"? Or like you said is it simply because it works a lot of the time? My agent lied to me too (either that, or she's not very familiar with the calendar, and since she works in retentions I'm pretty sure she knows what the current cancellation window is):

- Her: $110 for Gigabit+Premier is the best we can do
- Me: OK I'd like to schedule the cancellation for Sep 1 then
- Sorry the system won't let me
- Why?
- It's too far away, you'll have to call back in a few weeks
- OK, how far away can I schedule?
- 45 days
- What day is that?
- I'm not sure
- Isn't Sep 1 within 45 days? (I knew full well it was)
- Nope
- Can you double check?
- Oh you're right, it IS within 45 days (fakest sounding surprise I've ever heard).
Jul 22, 2009
61 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
GSRee wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 11:38 pm
What's with the lies to avoid the cancellation request? Are they penalized for failing to make the "save"?
Yes, they are. It counts against their stats for failing to keep you as a customer.
Sep 24, 2006
597 posts
60 upvotes
Guelph, On
I did a facebook chat today as my deal expires August 6. All she could offer me was popular TV and ignite 75 for 145 include two digital boxes. She kept on saying you are tagged for this offer only . I mentioned the giga and premier and she ketp saying not tagged for it. She kept saying its the exact same package for 13 more.
I kept pushing and she said giga and premier TV with two boxes is 165.
I am in the Mississauga bordering Oakville and no other offers. I screenshoted it and said I need to call Bell.
How do I get a better offer. Thanks
Jan 11, 2014
4 posts
Ajax
Yes, sadly it worked and I didn't cancel...maybe because I am gullible or naive to think that they wouldn't just be telling outright lies. Disgusting. She couldn't offer me something better than the promo I'm on (500u for $117.99-$30+$10 rental fee) Face With Rolling Eyes.

Idk if this is the right forum but do you think Bell's promo for fibe tv (basic), home phone and unlimited internet for $79.85, worth switching to?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

m3rked, Erkdajerk