Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 16, 2021
8 posts
6 upvotes
Can a Rogers rep PM me. About to expire On a 500mbps plan don't need or want tv or phone. Just internet. Fine with downgrading to 300 to save $
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1723 posts
677 upvotes
ignite doesn't work with the nextbox pvr's or digital boxes - they gave me $50 for nextbox 3 pvr that was owned ( hdd was really failing for months :) and $25 for each nextbox digital box that was owned as trade in so will get that credit in couple weeks ( had 4 boxes total so only 1 was on rent )
VivienM wrote: Given they're theoretically going to shut down that platform at some point, you might be pissed off if you bought a new one for $500 and two years later they said 'sorry we're shutting that down. enjoy your paperweight!'.

In any event, there's a plentiful supply of lightly used ones sold (hopefully) by people who switched to Ignite TV. Make sure to check serial numbers with Rogers before buying, etc., obviously. I bought two 4K boxes in November - I think my 10455 PVR cost me like $125?
Jul 3, 2014
1 posts
Currently with Bell, have a good deal but would like to switch to Rogers. Any Rogers reps PM me with a deal.
Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
VivienM wrote: Given they're theoretically going to shut down that platform at some point, you might be pissed off if you bought a new one for $500 and two years later they said 'sorry we're shutting that down. enjoy your paperweight!'.

In any event, there's a plentiful supply of lightly used ones sold (hopefully) by people who switched to Ignite TV. Make sure to check serial numbers with Rogers before buying, etc., obviously. I bought two 4K boxes in November - I think my 10455 PVR cost me like $125?
They’ve been theoretically eliminating it for years - their talk is cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7655 posts
1109 upvotes
Toronto, ON
100Pacer wrote: They’ve been theoretically eliminating it for years - their talk is cheap.
Sure, but that doesn't mean they want to make people angry by selling them boxes that may turn into paperweights... who knows when. Especially, too, when I'm sure there's a plentiful supply of used boxes and of returned rental boxes from the migration to Ignite TV.

My suspicion, FWIW, is that the legacy platform is going to be around a while - for one thing, they're still selling it for business accounts and for the skinny basic service. For another, I'm sure they have a reasonable number of TV-only clients, both in residential and especially in business, and I can't imagine "the cable company" no longer offering a TV-only service, just like I can't imagine Bell not providing a straight analog phone line.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
VivienM wrote: Sure, but that doesn't mean they want to make people angry by selling them boxes that may turn into paperweights... who knows when. Especially, too, when I'm sure there's a plentiful supply of used boxes and of returned rental boxes from the migration to Ignite TV.

My suspicion, FWIW, is that the legacy platform is going to be around a while - for one thing, they're still selling it for business accounts and for the skinny basic service. For another, I'm sure they have a reasonable number of TV-only clients, both in residential and especially in business, and I can't imagine "the cable company" no longer offering a TV-only service, just like I can't imagine Bell not providing a straight analog phone line.
This is Rogers we’re talking about.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22509 posts
8925 upvotes
Toronto
smoraes wrote: ignite doesn't work with the nextbox pvr's or digital boxes - they gave me $50 for nextbox 3 pvr that was owned ( hdd was really failing for months :) and $25 for each nextbox digital box that was owned as trade in so will get that credit in couple weeks ( had 4 boxes total so only 1 was on rent )
How long has the delay before getting the credits, for those of you who returned owned PVR and TV box units? The sales guy said it could be up to three months, but that seems like an awfully long delay.

I bought a bunch in at the end of December.
May 30, 2015
424 posts
432 upvotes
alpovs wrote: I don't have any personal beliefs regarding this matter. That's what Rogers reps indicated on the Rogers forum.

If you are technical enough you can have a technical talk with Rogers support. Do some diagnostics (like pinging your gateway at different times of the day etc.) and present it to them. Then you won't have to deal with the "bad modem" crap.
What makes you think I need your advice on this? I really don’t need it.
I had accomplished my own piece of root cause investigation, presented it to Rogers, they did not fix it, so I left.
That’s it.
Dec 25, 2019
26 posts
85 upvotes
qaz393 wrote: I got giga for 50 or 500u for 40 or 300u for 35. I declined as I am with Fido (second class interwebs) for 37.50 - $150 GC........
The $50 offer you got, was it for ignite gigabit with gateway modem? I was offered $69+tax which is $50 off regular price.
Apr 19, 2018
395 posts
124 upvotes
Scarborough
MarcoL800 wrote: I was paying $65 for 500mb internet I put a cancellation request and got no calls for a few weeks. I canceled the cancelation and I ended up moving, once I called to let them know I’m moving and would like to cancel they offered me $45 for 500mb so I took it. I’m in Vaughan. A few reps from Rogers called me for rfd but only offered be $55-60/month
do you have any other services with them or only internet?
Don't worry be happy - Bob
Jun 30, 2019
151 posts
236 upvotes
I'm a new customer looking for Rogers promotion in Brampton. Please contact me if you are a Rogers rep and can help out.
May 28, 2004
206 posts
199 upvotes
Looking for internet and TV with 2 receivers. Pm me
Apr 24, 2010
16 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
Any reps in the L6C area? Would much appreciate a PM. Thank you.
Feb 26, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Can a Rogers rep PM me.

On a monthly 300mbps plan don't need or want tv or phone. Just internet.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2169 upvotes
GTA
AramisAtos wrote: The $50 offer you got, was it for ignite gigabit with gateway modem? I was offered $69+tax which is $50 off regular price.
was winback. had rogers before. switched to fidoo now
Dec 25, 2019
26 posts
85 upvotes
Thanks, I understand.
I've been with Rogers 2 years now and I have the gigabit plan and old Hitron modem. When I asked about switching to latest Gateway modem, CSR advised me that I need to get "ignite" plan, which then offered me a $50 loyalty discount ($69 +tax)
If you guys are getting $50 offer for the ignite gigabit I can push for a lower price. that's all I'm trying to figure out.
Jan 1, 2009
127 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
Looking for a rep in the M5V area code
Mar 5, 2017
26 posts
12 upvotes
cookies1314 wrote: Is it possible to negotiate back the same offer every year with Rogers? I am currently with Bell and they have told me that the system doesn't let them apply same promotion twice so I've had to switch plans to use others promos, etc. and end up paying more.
If there are any M2M Rogers reps, I would be interested Smiling Face With Open Mouth
If this works, I'm in need of help in M2M as well.

Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)