Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

May 28, 2012
293 posts
144 upvotes
Canada
A Rogers rep came to my door in Toronto and offered me the following:

Popular TV with two receivers
HBO and TMN free for 24 months
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone
$75 credit
12 months free Netflix
No contract and price form for 24 months.
$115.99+tax

Now I have misplaced his contact and cannot get in touch with him. Are there any reps on here that can help me out?

Thanks!
Nov 23, 2015
8 posts
4 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
ky.antz wrote:
Sep 25th, 2018 9:30 am
I'm also recently getting calls from winback. I asked for just internet, and they're providing me
1 gig ignite - $34.99 + tax
500 ignite - $24.99 + tax
installation/activiation fees waived
first 6 months free, no commitment. Didn't ask how long the discounts are guaranteed for. Once again, sounded too good to be true. thoughts anyone?
I was offered just 500 ignite/unltd for $24.99 as well (i initially was only interested in home phone & internet)....with that I was offered 6 months free, discounts guaranteed for 1 year. Ultimately i went with the internet/home phone/basic cable package because that had a 2 year guarantee on discounts. Signed up today and learned that $67/month is including taxes and not plus taxes as I originally thought...and I did indeed get the first 6 months free even though I am not in a new build. Will miss getting crave tv for free though with bell...I quite like that service.
Mar 22, 2013
40 posts
1 upvote
I got the same deal yesterday. Did you get any confirmation from them via email about all this discount?
Mar 22, 2013
40 posts
1 upvote
goaliegirl6060 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2018 5:17 pm
I am just on the line with Rogers right now. I canceled almost a year ago an they called me back a few times unsolicited, this time I picked up.

What I have w/ Bell:
Good TV
Fibe 300
HD PVR
Local Home phone
Crave TV
$104.34 taxes in

This is what I was offered:
Popular TV + 1 bonus channel
Ignite 500/unlimited
HD PVR
Local Home Phone
No other fees (activation, installation, modem rental)
*TMN/HBO free for 12 months
*Six months free! (Original offer was 4, then 5 if I ordered today, then I negotiated 6 based on a post above and bell early cancellation fee)
No Contract, Price Guaranteed for 2 years
$96.04 taxes in

So Over 1 year
Bell = $1252.08/yr or $104.34/month
Rogers= $651.24/yr or $54.27/month *included $745 cancellation fee from Bell

I have taken the Rogers deal, running the numbers it seems pretty good. I plan to cancel on the very first day of the second year to go from $150 to $75 cancellation fee with bell (anyone have any issues with this?)

Any big differences btw rogers and bell that you guys know of? I do like to Bell platform as I can go online at work and watch Live TV and all my recordings. Also crave TV isn't that bad.
Any confirmation email from them after you sign up?
Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
frougal wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 12:50 am
I was offered just 500 ignite/unltd for $24.99 as well (i initially was only interested in home phone & internet)....with that I was offered 6 months free, discounts guaranteed for 1 year. Ultimately i went with the internet/home phone/basic cable package because that had a 2 year guarantee on discounts. Signed up today and learned that $67/month is including taxes and not plus taxes as I originally thought...and I did indeed get the first 6 months free even though I am not in a new build. Will miss getting crave tv for free though with bell...I quite like that service.
Bell offers cravetv for $9.99+tax/month. I'd assume you could re-order it at that price, and still end up paying less overall then you were previously over the 24 month period, especially once the six free months are factored in (i'm jealous!).

Just as an aside, while the DISCOUNT is guaranteed, the base price the discount applies to isn't :( The base price though would need a rather dramatic increase before you're no longer paying less then you were previously.
Apr 19, 2011
1 posts
GTA
Having trouble getting anything better than $74.99 for 150U offered intending to put in a cancellation request for end of billing cycle. Maybe it's cause i'm in central mississauga and they don't need to fight for clients but the best i got last time around was my current 150U for 64.99

I only have internet from them and don't really want anything else any recommendations?
Nov 23, 2015
8 posts
4 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
cleacy1972 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 8:43 am
Bell offers cravetv for $9.99+tax/month. I'd assume you could re-order it at that price, and still end up paying less overall then you were previously over the 24 month period, especially once the six free months are factored in (i'm jealous!).

Just as an aside, while the DISCOUNT is guaranteed, the base price the discount applies to isn't :( The base price though would need a rather dramatic increase before you're no longer paying less then you were previously.
yes...i'm not thrilled that the discount is guaranteed and not the price, but Bell was doing the same and the price increases over the last year were fairly minor. I assume Rogers won't go crazy with their price increases, but if they do i'm at least free to leave. As for e:mail confirmation...I didn't get that, but I was put through to someone in another Rogers Call centre (i assume the first one was 3rd party CC and the 2nd one sounded like it was an actual Rogers agent...though can;t be sure) and he confirmed all the discounts provided. Installation is this weekend and I plan to call in today about getting e:mail confirmation for all the discounts.
Nov 23, 2015
8 posts
4 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
So as I'll be giving up bell's ALT tv for Rogers basic cable, i'm wondering how their Anyplace Tv service compares? I didn't sign up for a more robust TV package because I cut cable years ago and just stream my content via apple tv (or via mac and airplay to it). Has worked fine as we mostly watch content on netflix, news programming on CTV and CBC and some shows on Crave. That said, can anyone comment on how well the Rogers anyplace TV works? I would have eschewed getting an hd terminal entirely but was told I couldn't get anyplace tv without having at least one basic terminal. Seemed strange, especially considering that Bell doesn't have this requirement for their Alt Tv service.
Sep 13, 2012
633 posts
285 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Ongoing manual credits for home services were to expire at the end of this month but truth be told it's been so long since I've had to pay a bill due to credits that I wasn't approaching this round of discussions quite as motivated. Having said that:

Previous price plan:
- Gigabit
- Digital VIP w/ HBO & TMN, TMN Encore, and 2 theme packs w/ 4K PVR + 4K terminal
- Home Phone w/ 6 features + unlimited North American LD
- Ongoing monthly credit

Total: $96.XX including tax (deceptive due to multiple Gigabit credits)

New price plan:
- 500U
- Digital VIP w/ HBO & TMN, TMN Encore, and 2 theme packs w/ 4K PVR + 4K terminal
- Home Phone w/ 6 features + unlimited North American LD
- Ongoing monthly credit

Total: $137.25 including tax

Reading over the last several weeks and months' worth of deals I can live with $121.XX plus tax. Will wait for the next bill showing the exact breakdown and I have no doubt one thing or another will frustrate me down the road leading to additional credits. For now, I'm content.
Jun 28, 2017
13 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Is this a good deal for new rogers customer?

$104.99/month
$200 one time credit
12 month guarantee

Ignite Internet Gigabit
Starter TV + HD Box
Sep 21, 2015
497 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
Ak654567 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 5:26 pm
Is this a good deal for new rogers customer?

$104.99/month
$200 one time credit
12 month guarantee

Ignite Internet Gigabit
Starter TV + HD Box
At that price (even after the $200 credit) i'd probably push for the popular tv package, not starter.
Sep 25, 2018
1 posts
Just got off the Website chat... was offered by a retention manager the following, didn't accept and am now waiting for a call back from the office of the president.

Premier TV + TMN Encore/TMN/HBO
w/ 1 HD PVR and 1 HD Terminal included
500U Ignite Internet with new rocket modem included

2 year term, BUT pricing wasn't locked in, so could go up at any time.

I asked for Timeshifting to be added in (Normally $3) and the pricing to be locked in for the 2 year term and they refused. Put in queue for Office of the President to call me back now, so 3-5 business day wait... My current term ends October 3rd...

What pisses me off is I was asking for the $24.00 500U and they offered me $59.99. But after speaking with SEVERAL different reps through phone, chat and FB Messenger, I have been told that this offer has expired, was only a winback offer, only offered to multi-dwelling/condos, outside my postal code etc. So pretty much every day excuse in the book.... They are going to pay.
Sep 2, 2011
139 posts
35 upvotes
KANATA
oleered wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 8:20 am
Any confirmation email from them after you sign up?
So far nothing.
Will call Monday if still haven't received anything. As would like it in writing before I set up bell cancellation.

This is the # that called 1-866-816-0619 (caller display as ROGERS COMM)
It does sound to good to be true (especially w/out contract. I could just leave in 6 months?)
Mar 22, 2013
40 posts
1 upvote
goaliegirl6060 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 11:10 am
So far nothing.
Will call Monday if still haven't received anything. As would like it in writing before I set up bell cancellation.

This is the # that called 1-866-816-0619 (caller display as ROGERS COMM)
It does sound to good to be true (especially w/out contract. I could just leave in 6 months?)
I found out that they will not be able to send you the details. Everything should be in the system notes. I called them back and they confirmed everything is correct. I called the Rogers customer service number on the Rogers home page. So the Deal is true.
May 29, 2005
11 posts
1 upvote
I was called by 1 855 207 8315 by a woman claiming she was from Rogers
Was initially sketched out by this because it was unsolicited, but she knew my Name, Postal Code and date I canceled my service.

She offered me
Ignite 100 (or whatever is comparable to Bell Gigabit)
Popular Tv + 1 Bonus Channel
HD PVR
Modem Rental
For $107.xx per month after tax (price guaranteed for 2 years)
she also offered me 6 months free

Was a bit sketched out by the 6 months free but apparently some people in this thread have been offered it recently. Can anyone confirm legitimacy of this?

Also I told her I was with Bell (unsure if I'm in a contract) and she said she could cancel my service for me if I just provided her with my account #. I've never heard of this also sketched out by this.

She said she'll call me back in a few hours to set it up and needed to do a credit check asking for 2 pieces of ID and she said for example DL, Passport or SIN. I assume I should never give me SIN.

Any insight into this whole situation and its legitimacy would be much appreciated

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

leadersuper699, Hojo99