Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Oct 18, 2014
78 posts
33 upvotes
I just signed up with a Rogers rep.

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Crave TV, HBO and TMN free for 12 months
Basic Home Phone

No contract, no installaton fee and $100 credit

$101.69 (taxes in) for the first 12 months
$112.99 (taxes in) for the next 12 months
Feb 27, 2010
154 posts
13 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 5:43 pm

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Basic Home Phone

New customer or contract expiring?
Oct 3, 2012
8 posts
My bill started increasing (haven't talked to retention in 1+ year) - went from $128 to 137 to $168 all in.
This is for Popular TV and Internet 150u.
Through Rogers live chat I talked to a regular customer service agent, offered $148 taxes in.
Asked for retentions, offered $141 all in for same package, $152 for internet 500u.
I said it was too high and they gave me the number for "senior support team" at 1-866-695-9367.

I called later that day. I asked for a new bundle/discount. First offered $146 for Popular TV + 150u. I said I'm looking for about half that.
Then he looked and said if he upgraded the internet to 500u he could give me $96 taxes in. Perfect for me. Said the discount was good for 1 year.

Thanks RFD!
May 28, 2013
83 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
i am currently on the $99 gigabit + popular TV that is ending

What's the best deal rogers is currently offering for gigabit (or 500u) + popular TV? Previous discussions in the forum seem to suggest $85.

I am willing to reduce to 500u if it saves me a few dollars. I had a technician out last week and they can't seem to get my internet to exceed 500-550 even though I use to get 800+.

For those who have received a deal similar to what i mentioned above, was it through mgt office or ootp?
Aug 12, 2012
107 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
Just put a cancellation in for end of month on my 500u + Premier. Was paying $118.63 taxes in, rep on phone could only offer same for $107 for 1 year. Decided to go with Bell Fibe + ALT TV for 1 year $73 all in.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16638 posts
3637 upvotes
Toronto
Myyykkee wrote:

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Basic Home Phone

Where/Who?

I'm a new customer too.
Oct 14, 2012
12 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
Myyykkee wrote:

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Basic Home Phone

I'd also like more info on this deal, new customer.
Nov 6, 2004
518 posts
So, today I decided to call Rogers and cancel all of my services. I have not used their phone in years, I set up OOMA years ago, was perfect. So never bothered with their phones (had it in a package before, but never actually used it).

I had called not because I necessarily wanted better services (I.E. Rogers IGNITE) but just because it annoyed me that I was paying too much.

So I had the following:

Rogers Ignite 500U
Rogers Popular TV w/ 2HD Channels + HD PVR + HD Reciever

Was paying $135 taxes in (the HD Receiver was rent to own in that price).

Today, I called Cancellation dept immediately, skipped everyone else, waste of my time.

I did not yell, did not bother even negotiating. Right before the cancellation was confirmed, he offered the same package, exactly as it was, $84+tax. The way he did it was that my internet was now $30. If I wanted a phone, it was $5 more. I can add that at anytime, but not interested in it right now. If I want gigabyte internet, its $5 more.

So, final, $94.92 taxes in, for everything. I could have argued for more, but really, at 84$ (even if I wanted more, +5 for phone, + 5 for gigabyte, it would be $94+tax)... Ill leave it as it is..

Im sure someone has a better deal than me, but I am happy with it.
Nov 6, 2004
518 posts
Oh, just as a funny thing. 15 minutes after I finished. I gave my account # to my friend, who was getting raped $160 for garbage.. He had 60u, 300gb cap, popular tv with 2 italian stations, was paying $160 a month.

He used my acc #, they honored my deal, and gave it to him. So he got my exact setup, + phone line + 2 italian channels for $125 taxes in.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7770 posts
199 upvotes
juve4lfe wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 5:37 am
For both the premier tv package and the 500iu internet?i doubt it
ah..my bad. thought it was only 500u.
premier TV & 500 u....$85 + tax can be had.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2429 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
sienna owner wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 8:54 am
ah..my bad. thought it was only 500u.
premier TV & 500 u....$85 + tax can be had.
That is correct. If you want Gigabit, add $10.
Jun 30, 2009
808 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I currently have 500u at $28/month and it's expiring March 23rd. I just called Rogers to find out if I could renew at that rate and was told that the best they could do was $75/month. Is this true or can I negotiate a better rate through another rep?
Feb 8, 2017
26 posts
11 upvotes
GTA
real1st wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 1:30 am
So, today I decided to call Rogers and cancel all of my services. I have not used their phone in years, I set up OOMA years ago, was perfect. So never bothered with their phones (had it in a package before, but never actually used it).

I had called not because I necessarily wanted better services (I.E. Rogers IGNITE) but just because it annoyed me that I was paying too much.

So I had the following:

Rogers Ignite 500U
Rogers Popular TV w/ 2HD Channels + HD PVR + HD Reciever

Was paying $135 taxes in (the HD Receiver was rent to own in that price).

Today, I called Cancellation dept immediately, skipped everyone else, waste of my time.

I did not yell, did not bother even negotiating. Right before the cancellation was confirmed, he offered the same package, exactly as it was, $84+tax. The way he did it was that my internet was now $30. If I wanted a phone, it was $5 more. I can add that at anytime, but not interested in it right now. If I want gigabyte internet, its $5 more.

So, final, $94.92 taxes in, for everything. I could have argued for more, but really, at 84$ (even if I wanted more, +5 for phone, + 5 for gigabyte, it would be $94+tax)... Ill leave it as it is..

Im sure someone has a better deal than me, but I am happy with it.
WOW, what an awesome deal.

I called yesterday to cancel my package which is expiring soon. Already set up for Bell in a couple of weeks.

What I had with Rogers was VIP, 100u and HP with 8 features (only used call display) and unlimited Canada long distance (never used)
I own the non-pvr nextbox and I'm paying $155ish tax in.

When I called the TV was downgraded to popular, same internet and phone...price of $167ish tax in.

Had they offered me what I have at the same price I would have accepted or had they thrown in a 4K PVR with a couple months free of Crave/Movie channels at $167ish I would have gladly accepted. 20+ years with Rogers.

Had they offered me what you got, I'd be ecstatic. As I'm a senior, moneys tight, oh well LOL

Congrats on the great offer.
Nov 4, 2015
252 posts
51 upvotes
T.O
Anyone know any deals currently for internet for the L4H area? Looking for at least 1gbps
BST:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)