Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15684 posts
7397 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LadiesFromHouston wrote: put a cancellation in yesterday.. no call today lol how long does it take?
How far into the future is the actual cancellation date? I put in a cancellation date on Wednesday for March 12 and I haven't gotten any calls from Rogers. I already got the return labels for returning my Rogers equipment.
Feb 17, 2013
91 posts
137 upvotes
I’m a Rogers wireless customer looking to add 1Gb service. Best quote I got from Rogers is 84.99. Postal Code K1G.
Feb 20, 2019
168 posts
185 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: How far into the future is the actual cancellation date? I put in a cancellation date on Wednesday for March 12 and I haven't gotten any calls from Rogers. I already got the return labels for returning my Rogers equipment.
that's actually the same date haha
Apr 4, 2007
48 posts
24 upvotes
New customer looking for deal on 500/gigabit in Ajax, postal code L1S. Send me a message if you can help. Thank you :)

EDIT: Help received. Thanks.
Last edited by suicidaltaco on Feb 28th, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2007
633 posts
843 upvotes
GTA
rvs007 wrote: How far into the future is the actual cancellation date? I put in a cancellation date on Wednesday for March 12 and I haven't gotten any calls from Rogers. I already got the return labels for returning my Rogers equipment.
At least you got return labels, I was just told to go into a Rogers store to return the equipment!

I also discovered I have call control turned on. Their call center kept "failing" it so their calls never got through to me lol oops
Don't forget to like and subscribe! 😎👍
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9182 posts
3859 upvotes
Toronto
For those people getting the new ignite modems, did it come with any pods?

I was speaking to Rogers about possibly upgrading from (legacy) ignite to (new) ignite. He said he can put in an order for the new ignite modem to be sent to me, but they no longer come with any pods. When I get it, if it's necessary I can call technical support and they'd determine if I need pods, and there may be charges. That is different than what I was told before (that it come with 3 pods free).
Jul 5, 2007
237 posts
91 upvotes
Guelph
Probably a stupid question: is it possible to get faster upload on the 500/1000 packs? Faster cloud syncing would be great.
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: I put a cancellation on my service, today I got a called from Rogers Ambassador they offer me 500u for $49.99 accept the offer.
Can you possibly ask them what is the promo code for your internet? So when we call them, we can mention that. Thanks
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
SohrabI52008 wrote: I put in my cancellation last night due to price. No calls at all as of yet. What was the winback team number?
Did you get your call from winback team? Any offer code in case they offer you something?
Jun 24, 2019
50 posts
53 upvotes
ValueAdd wrote: Did you get your call from the winback team?
No, but I found the rogers winback team number and called them directly and pretended like i had a missed call from them. The lady offered me gigabit with xb7 modem for 49.99 (I was at 44.99 previously). I accepted (it also helped that she saw a cancellation notice as of 1st March on file).
Last edited by SohrabI52008 on Feb 26th, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
SohrabI52008 wrote: No, but I found the rogers winback team number and called them directly and pretended like i had a missed call from them. The lady offered me gigabit with xb7 modem for 49.99 (I was at 44.99 previously). I accepted (it also helped that she saw a cancellation notice as of 1st March on file).
What's the winback team phone number? I am up for renewal Apr 21, on 500u for 50.99+ tax. User raptorsfan1985 too can call back using your technique.
Oct 19, 2004
204 posts
26 upvotes
Currently a bell Fibe customer with Better TV, gigbit internet and home phone looking to switch to Rogers. M1V. Please DM me. Thanks
Feb 10, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
ValueAdd wrote: What's the winback team phone number? I am up for renewal Apr 21, on 500u for 50.99+ tax. User raptorsfan1985 too can call back using your technique.
I just called them at 1-866-431-5632 and told them I missed a call. I'm glad I called because I was about to go with Bell. Rogers is offering me 1gb ignite for $54.99/month so I went ahead and accepted.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1093 posts
1894 upvotes
GTA
Arrgh wrote: For those people getting the new ignite modems, did it come with any pods?

I was speaking to Rogers about possibly upgrading from (legacy) ignite to (new) ignite. He said he can put in an order for the new ignite modem to be sent to me, but they no longer come with any pods. When I get it, if it's necessary I can call technical support and they'd determine if I need pods, and there may be charges. That is different than what I was told before (that it come with 3 pods free).
I switched to Ignite in early December and needed pods in late January. I got 2 for free.
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
Yes , that's the one they offered me, will use that as last resort. Thanks for your update, glad you set for another year.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9182 posts
3859 upvotes
Toronto
Dinamo2016 wrote: I switched to Ignite in early December and needed pods in late January. I got 2 for free.
Thanks. How did you and Rogers determine that you need 2 pods to get them free?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1093 posts
1894 upvotes
GTA
Arrgh wrote: Thanks. How did you and Rogers determine that you need 2 pods to get them free?
I just told them my wifi wasn’t strong enough in certain areas and I asked for 2 pods. Might have got 3 if I asked for 3. I asked for them on a Friday afternoon and they were delivered the next day Saturday morning. I couldn’t believe they were in front of my door already.
Jun 16, 2009
5 posts
1 upvote
New customer looking for Ignite service. My postal area is L3R please PM.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

YZFR15