Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 12, 2019
140 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I cancelled Rogers on January 9 to get the Fido promotion because my Rogers promotion was going to expire at the beginning of March. Yesterday someone from Rogers called me first to ask why I cancelled and then to offer me 500u for $44 + taxes. I said that was still more than I could afford and asked if there were lower speeds for cheaper and he said no, but that he would call me back next month if there are any cheaper deals then.
Jan 19, 2006
414 posts
46 upvotes
Got via chat today 500u for $49.99 Before tax. Glad I didn’t have to go through hoops to get it. More than I’m paying now but deals about to expire end of March.

Told my friend and he got the same thing via chat a few hrs after me too. Hope this helps!
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
50 posts
29 upvotes
weirdwing wrote: Got via chat today 500u for $49.99 Before tax. Glad I didn’t have to go through hoops to get it. More than I’m paying now but deals about to expire end of March.

Told my friend and he got the same thing via chat a few hrs after me too. Hope this helps!

How did the conversation go?
Hi my promo expires in march what is the new promo that I could get??

Was there an option for 1000 speed?
Are you in a condo with like 9 other choices in case you wanna dump rogers?
Oct 20, 2009
546 posts
769 upvotes
Beeton
Current promotion ending this month.

Was paying $128.81/mth (tax in) for Ignite 1Gig, Popular TV, home phone. On FB chat they just quoted me $162.71/mth (tax in) for the same thing. $10 less if I drop to 500MBS package.

Is this good vs. what others are getting these days?
L0G1A0 postal code...TIA.
Sep 26, 2007
701 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Adubsthoughts wrote: Current promotion ending this month.

Was paying $128.81/mth (tax in) for Ignite 1Gig, Popular TV, home phone. On FB chat they just quoted me $162.71/mth (tax in) for the same thing. $10 less if I drop to 500MBS package.

Is this good vs. what others are getting these days?
L0G1A0 postal code...TIA.
I have similar package with Ignite 150 and my promo is expiring at the end of March. FB chat quoted me $167.21 tax in for the same package. It is $40 more that what I am currently paying.
On MyRogers account, they are offering me Ignite Flex 20+ bundle with 4 receivers included for $148.99 + tax.

I am putting a cancellation as I only need internet connectivity.

Unfortunately, I only have Rogers in my neighborhood. (L4S)
Sep 26, 2007
701 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
trumprefugee wrote: I cancelled Rogers on January 9 to get the Fido promotion because my Rogers promotion was going to expire at the beginning of March. Yesterday someone from Rogers called me first to ask why I cancelled and then to offer me 500u for $44 + taxes. I said that was still more than I could afford and asked if there were lower speeds for cheaper and he said no, but that he would call me back next month if there are any cheaper deals then.
What promo did you get with Fido?
Apr 23, 2008
673 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
So the strategy is to call and put in a cancellation order in the hopes that Rogers winback will call with a better offer? How much in advance of the current promotion expiry should we put the cancellation order?
I have two lines with current promotion of $41 and $38 (+ taxes) for Ignite 75u & 150u expiring on May 20 & Apr 23 respectively. I'm fine with the service and would like to continue with the current promotion. Wondering when should I call to put the cancellation order.
Mar 17, 2008
76 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Hi I am a current customer currently on Gigabit for 52.99 plus tax expiring in 3 weeks, postal code L4J.

Any rogers rep please message me if you can offer similar, or close to it.

Appreciate it, thanks.
Jul 17, 2006
170 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
yhap2003 wrote: I’m so sick and tired of Rogers in my area, I’ve had a whole month of intermittent outages and price increase mid promotion. The cost is getting ridiculous for the shitty services.

I just got a starlink invite I’m going to move over and see if Rogers would call me back with better pricing.

So jealous seeing these $50 for gigabit internet while I’m paying $80. I wish my area have bell fibre. I would jump on that in a heart beat.

Anyone In the L4A area getting a good Rogers deal ?
Going to try my luck with cancellation tomorrow
What kind of intermittent outages are you experiencing? Is it just you or your neighbourhood? I'm experiencing multiple short drops of a minute or two, many times occurring during an online meeting.
Jan 17, 2012
126 posts
164 upvotes
Ontario
Previous promotion of Ignite 1gb, Premier TV, home phone for $105+tax was expiring so put in the cancellation.

Spoke to ambassador team member and was offered Ignite 1gb and Premier for $119+tax. If I downgraded to 500u then it would be $105 again. Not ideal to go up in price but I stayed with the 1gb speed.
Sep 15, 2018
14 posts
4 upvotes
HI, looking to get a internet package for M2N location. please DM. Thanks!
Jan 12, 2019
140 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jmichou wrote: What promo did you get with Fido?
50% off 75u or 150u for 12 months when they were still running the promotion, which ended I think earlier this month. I got the 75u that was advertised as $32.50; after tax it comes to $36.72
Jan 12, 2019
140 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DTOM wrote: What kind of intermittent outages are you experiencing? Is it just you or your neighbourhood? I'm experiencing multiple short drops of a minute or two, many times occurring during an online meeting.
Since the beginning of this month I was also experiencing multiple drops of a minute or two that are especially noticeable during video calls. I had Rogers, switched to Fido January 9 but they use the same lines. In Ottawa. Sometimes these intermittent drops were really frequent. I called Fido many times to complain and they had technicians come over 3 times. The problem seems finally to be mostly solved (the drops haven't completely stopped but they are rare and shorter) after the final technician changed our outside cable Tuesday (and it took him a long time to find the right cable because we have too many going to the pole shared with other houses around).
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2016
1154 posts
649 upvotes
Was previous Rogers customer with $25 & then $30 gigabit services. Switched last year to Fido for $32.50/75u. The promo rate was ending early April. Shopped Rogers chat, FB msngr, phone call etc. They best offer was $50/150u. But they wanted $30 new customer activation fee. Fido offered to match the same and provided $10 account credit right away to renew for another 1 year. Will keep shopping around since there is no contract. But I am ok with 150u with just 3 users at home.

Missed 50% promo from Fido with free GC.

Hope it helps someone.

CD
Feb 12, 2011
2 posts
Toronto
Hi, I am a current Rogers customer, IGNITE 150-unlimited service, $87.99 - service has been dropping regularly (10-15x a day). Have tried to call in to Rogers for tech support and have replaced equipment with no improvement. Looking to switch to Bell, or if Rogers rep can help/offer a better rate, please PM me.

Thanks
Mar 27, 2013
69 posts
65 upvotes
New customer looking to setup internet in the M5E area downtown Toronto. Any rogers reps please message me. Thanks.
Sep 26, 2007
701 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
trumprefugee wrote: 50% off 75u or 150u for 12 months when they were still running the promotion, which ended I think earlier this month. I got the 75u that was advertised as $32.50; after tax it comes to $36.72
Thank you. Just got the 50% promo with Fido.
Sep 26, 2007
701 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
josh58 wrote: Current Rogers customer paying $119after tax for gigabit internet and select tv. Current promo expires in April.

Offered Rogers Gigabit Ignite internet and Ignite Flex 20 for $129+HST plus $29 install.

Tempted to put in a cancelation request. Reckon I should? Or take current offer as it seems like even win-back doesn’t have decent offers anymore.
I got similar offers from Rogers. What did you end up doing?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)