Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
steviee32m wrote: Hey can someone explain what legacy is vs infinite?
It's legacy ignite vs. current ignite. I think it's just an account-related thing. I believe all of the current ignite internet plans are $5 more than the old legacy ones and it allows for newer hardware like the Gen2 XB7 gateway. However, right now it's only limited to non-legacy ignite gigabit plans.
Nov 21, 2015
643 posts
388 upvotes
juliedemz wrote: Hi, I am a current Rogers customer, IGNITE 150-unlimited service, $87.99 - service has been dropping regularly (10-15x a day). Have tried to call in to Rogers for tech support and have replaced equipment with no improvement. Looking to switch to Bell, or if Rogers rep can help/offer a better rate, please PM me.

Thanks
Whaaaaatttt, that's like- regular price. $87.99 for 150u is a rip off in my opinion, especially for a service that keeps dropping. For the last 3 years with Rogers, I've been paying not a single penny more than $50 per month taxes inclusive for 1000u. Many others have been able to score 500u under $50 as well, you just gotta keep on trying. Take a look at the previous pages with results, $49.99 - $59.99 for 1000u, $39.99 - $49.99 for 500u, etc.
Jul 19, 2019
3 posts
New customer looking for internet only. M1S postal code. Please DM me.
Jan 12, 2019
140 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jmichou wrote: Thank you. Just got the 50% promo with Fido.
Oh awesome! Glad to hear that 50% off promo is still going on
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17115 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
currently paying $54.23 tax in... discounts falling off in a few days
just got offered $82.48 tax in for 12mos 500u home internet via rogers fb msgr chat

edit:
same offer from rogers.com live chat

there is offer in myrogers account for 500u + smartstream for $64.99 + tax though
Feb 20, 2019
168 posts
185 upvotes
yeah so i wouldn't recommend requesting cancellation. I post-dated mine for march 12 and they cancelled the next day and now I can't re-activate service again because I guess there's some error.
What is this b.s.
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
50 posts
29 upvotes
trumprefugee wrote: Oh awesome! Glad to hear that 50% off promo is still going on
Fido is usually good for a tiny condo for netflix.
Anythibg like working from home using a VPN, zoom Google meet, large pdf, spreadsheet ect..
Online gaming...
Fido is absolutely garbage nothing but headache after headache.
People just see some low price for a year and fall for the bs.
Tolerate shit internet to save less than a dollar a day.
Long story short....
Feb 27, 2014
137 posts
16 upvotes
LadiesFromHouston wrote: yeah so i wouldn't recommend requesting cancellation. I post-dated mine for march 12 and they cancelled the next day and now I can't re-activate service again because I guess there's some error.
What is this b.s.
A similar situation happened to me as well when I can put my cancellation in for a month advance on rogers live chat. Our tv and internet went out the next morning(home phone still worked), so I had to call and get them "reactivated". I assumed my cancellation was still set for the date I wanted it for, but when I called the ambassador number last week, they said there was nothing about a cancellation on my account. So this time I called in to cancel, so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings(hopefully).
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2016
1154 posts
649 upvotes
Harrow91 wrote: Fido is usually good for a tiny condo for netflix.
Anythibg like working from home using a VPN, zoom Google meet, large pdf, spreadsheet ect..
Online gaming...
Long story short....
We have 3 users (sometimes 4) fulltime doing all the activities you mentioned above, never had an issue. We use the Fido modem in bridge mode and Orbi router with 1 satellite in 3 storey home. Maybe the WiFi signal of the Coda modem is not that great.

Briefly had the rogers 500/1G service for 3-4 years before this, didn't notice any difference.

Just sharing.

CD
Feb 20, 2019
168 posts
185 upvotes
Harrow91 wrote: Fido is usually good for a tiny condo for netflix.
Online gaming...
Long story short....
You do know that fido is the same as rogers right? It's the same service. The only difference usually is the modem supplied and you can always get your own to extend range and ensure a stronger connection.
Nov 29, 2010
139 posts
164 upvotes
Ottawa
danielr85 wrote: Currently have Gigabit internet for ~$65 taxes in, 12mo plan which is expiring next month.

Tried contacting live chat to see what promotions they have and they offered me ~$76 taxes in to renew, told them wasn't interested but they renewed it anyways, called back a couple days later to cancel and complain about the unrequested renewal, didn't get offered anything.

Tried 2nd live chat today, they offered the same $76 to renew, and got a weird thing with them saying they need to upgrade my service?? and it is going to be 10 times faster, blah blah blah but they are going to be offering me the same 1gb package ??? anyone get this line from them? the only difference was this "new ignite" was going to be 30mb upload instead of my 20mb and they told me I needed a new modem.

I told them I didn't need faster, I was happy with my existing rogers modem and service, I just wanted to renew or reduce to get monthly cost down, said there was nothing he could do but then I quoted Fido's $45 150mb plan promotion and he offered 500u for $56 taxes in... I was going to take it but he said there was going to be a $29 install fee and I still had to send back the old modem... I don't get the whole modem upgrade thing since there is nothing wrong with the modem I have and it does gigabit... Told him I wasn't going to pay the activation. Ended in a stalemate.

I think I am just going to switch to fido for the next year, yea, fido is still rogers, but if they are going to charge me activation to renew with them for some random reason, I might as well just switch providers.

Located just outside Ottawa - K7C
Update: I got an email from Rogers saying they will continue my service after expiry for $52.99 which is a little less than I am paying now. I will stick with them for another year.
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
On 500U @50.99+tax, expiring in April 2021. Have been calling around to Rogers on various dates before today, each agent gives a different story, some outright say nothing available, others say wait till April first week and call, another gave me an offer of 1gb internet @55.99+tax with a promo code called WRJJ on their end. Some agents are not even sure if they can apply offer promo codes for a future date - i.e. the 1 gb internet offer.
Live in M3C GTA area. I think putting in a call 1 month in advance is a bit too early, not entirely sure though. I see user kulb got a new offer for the same but at a higher price. Just today got an email from Rogers saying they are willing to continue to offer me 500U @ 72.99 from April 2021 assume this is before tax.
So for now, just going to wait, till April 1st week 2021, then if nothing works out the cancel routine and wait for a call from Winback/Ambassador team.
In all this circus, I am going to be willing to move if nothing favourable is offered.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3864 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
Currently on 500u for $37.99 expiring March 20th

Got an email today to continue using my current service with a new promotion of $47.99 for 12 months (500u)

Is this the best I am going to get at the moment? looks like $10 higher then before.... thoughts?
Nov 30, 2010
38 posts
41 upvotes
Currently on ignite Gigabit @ 47.99 + tax (including $10 modem fee discount), promotion ends in March. I just got off the live chat with Rogers now, they offered me the same thing for $52.99 + tax.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
I am on Ignite 150 for $52 including tax. My promo is ending in mid-April. Chatted with Rogers today. They offered to downgrade me to 75u at $67 or continue with 150u at $85. I refused both offers. I put in a cancellation for mid-April. About 3 hours later, got a call from Rogers Winback, they offered me 300u for $44.99+tax with an upgraded modem.
Nov 11, 2019
7 posts
wmahmud wrote: Currently on 500u for $37.99 expiring March 20th

Got an email today to continue using my current service with a new promotion of $47.99 for 12 months (500u)

Is this the best I am going to get at the moment? looks like $10 higher then before.... thoughts?
I'm in the same situation and got the same email today. Also wondering whether to set a future cancellation date or stick with $47.99 for 500u...
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3864 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
Kreios wrote: I'm in the same situation and got the same email today. Also wondering whether to set a future cancellation date or stick with $47.99 for 500u...
My hope would be at $47.99 they gave me 1000u - not give me the same 500u and add $10
Oct 15, 2008
654 posts
170 upvotes
London
wmahmud wrote: My hope would be at $47.99 they gave me 1000u - not give me the same 500u and add $10
Id take what you can get. I was $37.99 until the fall when the price increase hit and moved to $41.99 now they want $63.99 with the email they sent me today, when i chat and call they actually want $2 more than that. This is for 500U
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3864 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
FunkyC wrote: Id take what you can get. I was $37.99 until the fall when the price increase hit and moved to $41.99 now they want $63.99 with the email they sent me today, when i chat and call they actually want $2 more than that. This is for 500U
Thanks for sharing - I was worried about the same

I think given current covid situation and internet needs - the ISP's kind of know what people need and have more control (with work from home and all)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
Currently on $49.99 for 500mbps on 2 accounts expiring next month. Received their 'amazing' promotion of $72.99 500 mbps extension offer via Email. I'll have to try closer to deadline to try and get a better deal...

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

misowong