Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17039 posts
3894 upvotes
Toronto
zaidyboy wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:56 am
No prices are guaranteed. If you have that in writing, I suggest escalating this and submit to complaint to CRTC.
What to complain about though? As of right now I have not had any price increase yet (since I haven't even gotten my first bill yet), but also, I haven't yet received any email saying my prices will be increased in March.

And yes I have that in writing (that the actual price is guaranteed and it's not just a guaranteed discount), albeit only in emails from a Rogers rep, not in a contract.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12623 posts
2749 upvotes
Markham
EugW wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:37 pm
What to complain about though? As of right now I have not had any price increase yet (since I haven't even gotten my first bill yet), but also, I haven't yet received any email saying my prices will be increased in March.

And yes I have that in writing (that the actual price is guaranteed and it's not just a guaranteed discount), albeit only in emails from a Rogers rep, not in a contract.
Price guarantee is usually non existent now. I know my discount is guaranteed, but if the price goes up I can cancel anytime
Dec 29, 2012
875 posts
265 upvotes
Scarborough
Paying $59.99 (excl taxes) for Ignite 60 unlimited, contract ending 31 March. Chat today told me it will cost $61.99 from 1st April - no discount, not negotiable. Should I wait or call now and what should I expect? Ignite 30 is too low because I work from home sometimes. Bell fibre is available in my building.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7789 posts
201 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:37 pm

emails saying price guaranteed is sufficient and they will honour it....you may need to escalate to get it after the increase in price...but you can do it

you wouldn't get notice of the increase in price yet....agents are letting anyone that are going thru the motions that it's coming
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7789 posts
201 upvotes
Catnippy wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:57 pm
Paying $59.99 (excl taxes) for Ignite 60 unlimited, contract ending 31 March. Chat today told me it will cost $61.99 from 1st April - no discount, not negotiable. Should I wait or call now and what should I expect? Ignite 30 is too low because I work from home sometimes. Bell fibre is available in my building.
cancel it...
got my mom 60u for $25
(could have gotten 500u $30 or 1G for $40
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1910 posts
1186 upvotes
Fredericton
Catnippy wrote:
Call 1-866-737-4159. The rep should be able to offer you something better.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17039 posts
3894 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 1:42 pm
Price guarantee is usually non existent now. I know my discount is guaranteed, but if the price goes up I can cancel anytime
This is the exact quote from the Rogers agent, in writing:

"price guaranteed (not just discount guaranteed), for 12 months, with no installation or activation fees"

There is no contract so I can cancel anytime too. However, note that at the end of 12 months, the price goes up $10 per month for the next 12 months.

Catnippy wrote:
Fido is 75 Mbps unlimited for $45 for 6 months, then it goes up to $65. Too bad you weren't looking to move earlier, since I believe the promotion last month was $32.50 for 12 months, then $65. Fido internet is just Rogers rebranded, with different speed and data bucket tiers.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12623 posts
2749 upvotes
Markham
EugW wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:52 pm
This is the exact quote from the Rogers agent, in writing:

"price guaranteed (not just discount guaranteed), for 12 months, with no installation or activation fees"

There is no contract so I can cancel anytime too. However, note that at the end of 12 months, the price goes up $10 per month for the next 12 months.

Fido is 75 Mbps unlimited for $45 for 6 months, then it goes up to $65. Too bad you weren't looking to move earlier, since I believe the promotion last month was $32.50 for 12 months, then $65. Fido internet is just Rogers rebranded, with different speed and data bucket tiers.
Oh okay, maybe yours is different because you have tiered pricing for your 2 years. I don't know. I have a 2 year deal that is structured a bit differently.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17039 posts
3894 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 3:14 pm
Oh okay, maybe yours is different because you have tiered pricing for your 2 years. I don't know. I have a 2 year deal that is structured a bit differently.
OK, so it seems they may have different ways to price in the rate increases.

You guys are guaranteed a discount for two years, but will see periodic price increases in those two years. That would be $6 in March, and probably another increase in 2020. In my case, I am (supposedly) guaranteed a fixed rate for 1 year, but know up front that for the second year the price will go up by $10 per month.

Basically it's six of one and a half-dozen of the other. Rogers gets its price increase either way. However, what this also means (if true), is that not everyone who signed onto Rogers recently will get a March 2019 price increase.
Jan 7, 2013
417 posts
176 upvotes
Oshawa, Ontario
Catnippy wrote:
Call 1 866 737 4159 from the hot deals retention thread. 250u for 29.99$ with no haggling.

Just say you are thinking of leaving as the online chat promos weren't good enough.
Jul 30, 2006
148 posts
107 upvotes
I am looking to cancel my cable television and home phone. I’m currently bundled with cable internet (gigabit). I don’t use home phone and don’t need cable television as I’m looking to get IPTV.

Can anyone advise how to cancel the two and just keep internet while getting a good price?

Thanks in advance :)
May 28, 2013
99 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
sienna owner wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 9:21 am
...and helped another happy rogers customer

500U $30
Premier $55
CraveTV/HBO/TMN Free
Fairchild Reg. Price
Nextbox 3.0 now owned

rep did mention the $3 increase coming in March for internet AND Cable, so will see spike $6 around March
I am looking for something similar.. Which level of rogers support did you speak to? Retentions? Winback? Ootp?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7789 posts
201 upvotes
Mike68 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 11:30 pm
I am looking for something similar.. Which level of rogers support did you speak to? Retentions? Winback? Ootp?
Put in cancellation ...so I guess winback?
Aug 12, 2012
121 posts
33 upvotes
London, ON
So last week I accepted a deal through winback, but was not informed that NHL Game Center Live would not be included in my package. I only found out a few days later when I tried to watch a game and was told I could no longer sign in and facebook chat told me it was no longer offered to bundles. Can I escalate to the Office of the President to get it back since their was no mention of this.
May 17, 2017
221 posts
467 upvotes
Trying to get internet and tv for my dad in the M8W area. Anyone have a rep? Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

Dinamo2016, Wong281, Choosy