Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1778 posts
226 upvotes
St. Johns
Any decent deals for Newfoundland as a new customer? Considering switching from Bell (Internet/TV/Phone/Security) but i'm not sure what the current hot deals are out this way. Any help?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3780 posts
1589 upvotes
Hey guys, quick question.

My Rogers bill when I re-signed with a field sales rep came finally. I was promised $100ish for all 3 services. I got the bill today and it’s at $450.

I emailed the field sales rep and let him know this. When it comes to consumer rights, how long do I have to cancel for incurring any actual cancellation fees and am I protected in the sense of a price I was “guaranteed” under any rights?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16560 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:24 pm

My Rogers bill when I re-signed with a field sales rep came finally. I was promised $100ish for all 3 services. I got the bill today and it’s at $450.

I emailed the field sales rep and let him know this. When it comes to consumer rights, how long do I have to cancel for incurring any actual cancellation fees and am I protected in the sense of a price I was “guaranteed” under any rights?
What’s the breakdown of the fees? That sounds I’m guessing like a say ~$200 bill with prepayment of 2nd month plus $50 installation fees. Or something like that.

Are you paying full $200 price with no credits applied?

Do you have the quote in writing in an email or something?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2215 posts
491 upvotes
My U63 promo is ending February 23 (currently pay $121 a month after taxes). They called today and offered me the same services and it'll be $132.77 monthly after taxes. I'm happy with that as I was in no mood to play the cancelation game.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3780 posts
1589 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:12 pm
What’s the breakdown of the fees? That sounds I’m guessing like a say ~$200 bill with prepayment of 2nd month plus $50 installation fees. Or something like that.

Are you paying full $200 price with no credits applied?

Do you have the quote in writing in an email or something?
The charges are as follows $77.61 for internet, $52.91 for TV and $320.75 for Smart Home Monitoring = $451.27.

I was quoted:
Popular TV with 1 PVR
Ignite Gigabit
Smart Home Monitoring
For $124.28 taxes in with a $200 credit instead of $100, which averages out to $107.61 taxes in over 12 months, which is cheaper than the $112.93 that you are paying right now.
I still have the emails also for proof just in case I am being lied to.
Oct 18, 2014
78 posts
33 upvotes
Sejad wrote:

Wow that's insane! When I signed up for my deal last month (3 services for 89.99/month) I called into Rogers to confirm what the sales rep had sold me and I made them tell me EXACTLY what I was getting and for how much. The person I spoke with at Rogers told me to keep all the info pertaining to the rep (name, number, email) just incase there was an issue after install date. I also told him I didn't like the fact that Rogers doesn't send out any confirmation emails with a break down of what you just ordered like Bell does. I just find it strange that you get the email AFTER your services have been hooked up.

Anyway, what I would do in your case is put in a complaint and have a manger call you back. Keep escalating this to a higher management until it gets resolved. i hope you have all the reps info and any emails that he/she sent you.

Goodluck, I hope they can sort this out for you.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16560 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:27 pm
The charges are as follows $77.61 for internet, $52.91 for TV and $320.75 for Smart Home Monitoring = $451.27.
OK, what's in the Smart Home Monitoring? Did you get a lot of stuff installed? Because their plans only include a limited number of hardware items. If you get more, you'll have to pay for the hardware up front.

For internet and TV, are you paying for more than one month? I would have thought they bill you for the portion of the first month until the bill date and then they bill you for the second month too but I'm not sure since I haven't gotten my first bill yet.

However, if you can post the entire bill including the dates and full list of itemized charged, minus the identifying info, that would make it much easier for us to understand what is going on.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12045 posts
2286 upvotes
Markham
Sejad wrote:

Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:34 pm
Wow that's insane! When I signed up for my deal last month (3 services for 89.99/month) I called into Rogers to confirm what the sales rep had sold me and I made them tell me EXACTLY what I was getting and for how much. The person I spoke with at Rogers told me to keep all the info pertaining to the rep (name, number, email) just incase there was an issue after install date. I also told him I didn't like the fact that Rogers doesn't send out any confirmation emails with a break down of what you just ordered like Bell does. I just find it strange that you get the email AFTER your services have been hooked up.

Anyway, what I would do in your case is put in a complaint and have a manger call you back. Keep escalating this to a higher management until it gets resolved. i hope you have all the reps info and any emails that he/she sent you.

Question before he goes to the managers and starts filing complaints

Have you phoned the Rep who signed you up yet and given them a chance to resolve the issue?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3780 posts
1589 upvotes
Myyykkee wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:34 pm

EugW wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:41 pm
OK, what's in the Smart Home Monitoring? Did you get a lot of stuff installed? Because their plans only include a limited number of hardware items. If you get more, you'll have to pay for the hardware up front.

For internet and TV, are you paying for more than one month? I would have thought they bill you for the portion of the first month until the bill date and then they bill you for the second month too but I'm not sure since I haven't gotten my first bill yet.

However, if you can post the entire bill including the dates and full list of itemized charged, minus the identifying info, that would make it much easier for us to understand what is going on.
Here are all the pages of my bill with my info blanked out. I left page 2 out as it really didn’t have any info what I’m being charged for. I think they’re charging me for the Smart home installation but the rep said there wouldn’t be any charges for any installation in the emails!
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:52 pm
Question before he goes to the managers and starts filing complaints

Have you phoned the Rep who signed you up yet and given them a chance to resolve the issue?
I have emailed the person, waiting for a reply before escalating it.

Pictures are below:
Images
  • E26E3F0A-40E0-4D0B-8E42-52AB507D5B32.png
  • 715A9AB6-2881-4CC5-B8FD-206F8A4CB682.png
  • 1E7FA44F-BA24-443D-A6B0-1DE362CBA3F4.png
  • A76F8E0A-0644-4871-9CFF-B268B771160E.png
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12045 posts
2286 upvotes
Markham
Sejad wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:13 pm
Here are all the pages of my bill with my info blanked out. I left page 2 out as it really didn’t have any info what I’m being charged for. I think they’re charging me for the Smart home installation but the rep said there wouldn’t be any charges for any installation in the emails!

I have emailed the person, waiting for a reply before escalating it.

Pictures are below:
From a brief skim of the bill (I didn't add everything up one by one), it looks like the discrepancy is that the hardware discounts don't full offset all of the hardware that you had installed. Not sure if that was all supposed to be included as I don't have home monitoring so I have no experience with what is included and what isn't?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3780 posts
1589 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:21 pm
From a brief skim of the bill (I didn't add everything up one by one), it looks like the discrepancy is that the hardware discounts don't full offset all of the hardware that you had installed. Not sure if that was all supposed to be included as I don't have home monitoring so I have no experience with what is included and what isn't?
That’s what I thought.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16560 posts
3590 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:27 pm

I was quoted:

I still have the emails also for proof just in case I am being lied to.
It is hard to see some of the numbers but as far as I can tell, it seems it may be legit.

Those TV and internet amounts you listed are not your correct monthly amounts going forward. As suspected, you have been billed for more than a month just because of the timing of your billing cycle, although it looks it’s only about 5 to 5.5 weeks. Next month will be less for those.

And you have been charged for a lot of home monitoring hardware because the package only includes a limited amount of hardware. The good news is that it is a one time charge. Those additional hardware charges will not be there on your next bill. Rogers’ Smart Home Monitoring page lists how much free hardware is included. If you need a lot of sensor hardware then as you’ve seen, the costs can add up quickly unless you already have the hardware from a previous system.

Get $574 worth of hardware
3 Door/Window Sensors
Motion Sensor
Smart Light Bulb
Day/Night HD Camera
Smart Thermostat
Touchpad (rental)

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-mo ... lsrc=aw.ds

I’d try to compare how much hardware you got vs how much your plan includes. It looks to me the big one is the deadbolt you got for $249.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3780 posts
1589 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:58 pm
It is hard to see some of the numbers but as far as I can tell, it seems it may be legit.

Those TV and internet amounts you listed are not your correct monthly amounts going forward. As suspected, you have been billed for more than a month just because of the timing of your billing cycle, although it looks it’s only about 5 to 5.5 weeks. Next month will be less for those.

And you have been charged for a lot of home monitoring hardware because the package only includes a limited amount of hardware. The good news is that it is a one time charge. Those additional hardware charges will not be there on your next bill. Rogers’ Smart Home Monitoring page lists how much free hardware is included. If you need a lot of sensor hardware then as you’ve seen, the costs can add up quickly unless you already have the hardware from a previous system.

Get $574 worth of hardware
3 Door/Window Sensors
Motion Sensor
Smart Light Bulb
Day/Night HD Camera
Smart Thermostat
Touchpad (rental)

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-mo ... lsrc=aw.ds

I’d try to compare how much hardware you got vs how much your plan includes. It looks to me the big one is the deadbolt you got for $249.
I was never told I’d be paying for any of the hardware.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12045 posts
2286 upvotes
Markham
Sejad wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:22 pm
I was never told I’d be paying for any of the hardware.
Looks like you were charged for a Deadbolt/Brass lock that was not included in the package. Was that something else you asked for? $249.99
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3780 posts
1589 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:34 pm
Looks like you were charged for a Deadbolt/Brass lock that was not included in the package. Was that something else you asked for? $249.99
Actually the field sales rep said there was a deadbolt that was part of it:
With Smart Home Monitoring you will be getting:
3 Door/Window Sensors
Motion Sensor
Smart Light Bulb
Day/Night HD Camera
Smart Thermostat
Smart Door Lock
Touchpad (rental)
Also, I had asked the rep this:
Me: There’s no other associated fees with the Rogers Smart home system?

Rep: No installation or activation fees and all equipment becomes yours after 2 years.
I’m curious if he didn’t say that there is a hardware fee/rental on purpose....hmmm.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)