Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Banned
Sep 27, 2020
50 posts
29 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: my current legacy gigabit (white coda modem) was ending in 9 days,
called in and got offered XB7 ignite wifi gateway gigabit for $54.99 +tax until mar 5 2022

Anyone know the main difference with these new modems (XB7) vs the White CODA Modem?
Called in where?
Are u in a condo with many options for ISP or are u in a house?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1490 posts
757 upvotes
Harrow91 wrote: Called in where?
Are u in a condo with many options for ISP or are u in a house?
Called in the regular 1800 rogers1 number , got transfered to a manager after I told them I wanted to cancel.

In a house.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1550 posts
2327 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: Called in the regular 1800 rogers1 number , got transfered to a manager after I told them I wanted to cancel.

In a house.
What region are you in?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1490 posts
757 upvotes
cassador wrote: From a previous post.
I specially asked him for the XB7, he said it is in fact the 2ne gen XB7, but when I asked him how many ethernet port it has, He said 2, looking at your Shaw link about the XB6 vs XB7, the XB6 says it has 2 ethernet and the XB7 has 4? I'm confused now on which one I'm getting
Jun 9, 2017
263 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
yamidamaru wrote: You have unlimited internet

TV with Fairchild

No home phone?

That is a better deal than what I have.

What number did you call?
No home phone since I'm using Ooma.
I called 1-877-765-0635 but was transferred to another department.
Last edited by PatrickRedFlagDeals on Mar 6th, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1481 posts
1012 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: my current legacy gigabit (white coda modem) was ending in 9 days,
called in and got offered XB7 ignite wifi gateway gigabit for $54.99 +tax until mar 5 2022

Anyone know the main difference with these new modems (XB7) vs the White CODA Modem?
I got the same deal. Cancelled on Wednesday and got the call from the ambassador office on Friday. Modem showed up today but still not clear if I got the best one cause the old CODA one dropped all the time and had to reboot nightly.
Images
  • F51A76C8-64D3-49AA-93FC-FAFB7223920E.jpeg
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1490 posts
757 upvotes
Punky Hunky wrote: I got the same deal. Cancelled on Wednesday and got the call from the ambassador office on Friday. Modem showed up today but still not clear if I got the best one cause the old CODA one dropped all the time and had to reboot nightly.
Is this the XB7 or XB6? Also how many ethernet ports does yours have?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1481 posts
1012 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote:
Is this the XB7 or XB6? Also how many ethernet ports does yours have?
It has 4 so I guess it’s an XB7 but no where on the modem does it say what model it is.
Images
  • image.jpg
Sep 29, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
Good evening, current Rogers customer not happy with retention offers. Should I switch to Bell or are there any Rogers Reps out there that can help me?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1490 posts
757 upvotes
Punky Hunky wrote: It has 4 so I guess it’s an XB7 but no where on the modem does it say what model it is.
Did you specifically request to get the XB7?
My rep said I'll get the 2nd gen XB7 but he specifically said it only has 2 ports.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1481 posts
1012 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: Did you specifically request to get the XB7?
My rep said I'll get the 2nd gen XB7 but he specifically said it only has 2 ports.
I did. So I’m still not sure what I got 🤣
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1490 posts
757 upvotes
Punky Hunky wrote: I did. So I’m still not sure what I got 🤣
Looks like u got the XB7, I think the XB6 is black. And you have 4 ports indicating XB7, and XB6 only has 2 ports.
Sep 16, 2012
736 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Punky Hunky wrote: It has 4 so I guess it’s an XB7 but no where on the modem does it say what model it is.
Yes this is definitely an XB7! Congrats, let us know if theres a noticeable wifi/connectivity improvement.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2198 posts
1809 upvotes
timeoninternet wrote: Any Rogers Rep here, just want an renew or else Fido 50% is the next step...
Is the Fido 50% still available?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1550 posts
2327 upvotes
Punky Hunky wrote: Got a offer from the ambassador office and got the new ignite. I asked for the newest modem cause mine old white CODA one was always dropping.

Got the “new modem today and it’s another white one. I see that there’s an xb6 (black) and a xb7(white). Which one is better? Sorry if it’s been answered.
Did you cancel first and then they called you? Or did you cancel and then called them directly?
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
For those who are at the end of the line with Rogers (they refuse to give you a deal, doubt it -ambassador / win back team should call begging for your business), you can keep this Fido promotion as an option. Highest speed is 150U though, however it's a possible alternative.

https://www.fido.ca/promotions/internet/offers

The funny part is that this Fido promotion does not show up on their regular website, lot of Google searches to get to it.

Perhaps their stores have it, but with COVID19, not sure when anyone has gone to their store.

Ps. Rogers still playing hard ball with me, April 2021 my deal expires, so was researching options. Fido owned by Rogers
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2004
1481 posts
1012 upvotes
Nev007 wrote: Did you cancel first and then they called you? Or did you cancel and then called them directly?
I cancelled and then called them.
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
1tallaznguy wrote: so in terms of speed & reliability,
XB7 > XB6 & Hitron CODA ?
To be more specific, it's Technicolor XB7 + Technicolor XB6 > Arris XB6 > Hitron CODA-4582. Both the Technicolor XB7 and XB6 use the same chipset. The only difference is Wi-Fi 6, additional LAN ports (4 vs. 2) and the inclusion of a single 2.5 GbE LAN port. The Arris XB6 is worse because it uses the same Intel Puma 7 chipset as the Hitron CODA-4582. It's not as good as the Broadcom BCM3390 used in the Technicolor XB7 and XB6. You'll get better latency, less packet loss, etc.
1tallaznguy wrote: I specially asked him for the XB7, he said it is in fact the 2ne gen XB7, but when I asked him how many ethernet port it has, He said 2, looking at your Shaw link about the XB6 vs XB7, the XB6 says it has 2 ethernet and the XB7 has 4? I'm confused now on which one I'm getting
It can't be the XB7 if it actually has 2 LAN ports. You'll just have to wait and see. Also, I'm the one that shared the link to Shaw's web page comparing the 2 gateways. I stumbled upon it while researching the XB7.
Punky Hunky wrote: I got the same deal. Cancelled on Wednesday and got the call from the ambassador office on Friday. Modem showed up today but still not clear if I got the best one cause the old CODA one dropped all the time and had to reboot nightly.
You got the best one. The XB7 is made by Technicolor and it uses a good chipset (Broadcom BCM3390). It's the most reliable option right now.
DaveProductions wrote: Yes this is definitely an XB7! Congrats, let us know if theres a noticeable wifi/connectivity improvement.
I compared it to the Hitron CODA-4582 and right away, I noticed slightly better latency and way better reliability (better up-time and zero packet loss). It even reboots and comes online faster. I briefly tested Wi-Fi and found it to be a bit better. I haven't had a chance yet to test Wi-Fi 6 and it'll be awhile before I get to properly test it. Right now, I have it in bridge mode and paired with a TP-Link Archer C5400.
Jan 27, 2010
293 posts
146 upvotes
Terrana
Bell promos expiring... Looking for reliable internet+TV M4X area code.

Have had good luck here before reps please PM

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)