Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
NightRider_ wrote: Can't you forward the email to the rep
He said they have no email address to send to lol
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2017
2726 posts
1097 upvotes
wmahmud wrote: He said they have no email address to send to lol
I would open the email and at the bottom there are options for contact us. Try that. My bill will be produced this week. I anticipate making these calls as well
Mar 6, 2013
92 posts
28 upvotes
Hamilton
actng wrote: cancelling right now via fb msgr. they still offered me the shitty $84.99 or $82.99 whatever it was. then when i said cancel they offered me $59.99. srsly?? i opened by saying this is my third and last try to get a better deal.

anyays cancelling now taking forever.
What speed do you have? Did they end up matching?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4616 upvotes
Mississauga
wmahmud wrote: I got an email from Rogers (official) March 1, saying to keep using my internet from March 21 (end of my promo) at 500u for $47.99

My new bill was at regular price - I am on chat, they say I was never sent any such email (when I clearly have it in my inbox from rogers@e.rogers.com) on March.1 - and that its not on my account.

Where is the best place to call/speak to them? Winback? Management? Ombudsman ?
I am also facing a similar situation, I received an email from Rogers with a promised rate of 42.99$ for 12 months, my first bill said 122.99$ plus tax. Called Rogers, same response saying that no such email was sent. Eventually filed a complaint with CCTS, my case is currently still pending. I was promised a resolution within 30 days. It is almost 34 days since I filed my complaint. Waiting to see what happens on the second invoice which will be generated in 2 days.
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
kevjp13 wrote: Yeah, I'll probably take that advice.

Just out of curiosity, what was your approach when calling the ambassador line (considering they didn't reach out to you)? It seems to me like if you have to be the one to initiate the follow-up with Rogers following a cancellation request, that it sort of puts you on the back foot from a negotiating standpoint, no?

Perhaps I'm overthinking things but I appreciate your help nonetheless.
I'm not the person you replied to but the usual process is a Rogers Ambassador calling someone that either cancelled immediately or requested a future-dated cancellation. Their goal is to win you back as a customer so from their end, you're already gone. And the win-back offers are almost always the same across the board. They also have to ask about why you cancelled and if you received any competing offers. When I got the call, I lied and said "Bell offered me gigabit service for $50/month. What can you offer me?" And he countered with gigabit for $55/month. I know Bell's FTTH service is better than Rogers cable internet and it's an offer that I'm happy with.
wmahmud wrote: Email screenshot for reference
FYI, the screenshot shows your full email address. You might want to edit that part out. It's a good idea to crop it first.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kevjp13 wrote: Yeah, I'll probably take that advice.

Just out of curiosity, what was your approach when calling the ambassador line (considering they didn't reach out to you)? It seems to me like if you have to be the one to initiate the follow-up with Rogers following a cancellation request, that it sort of puts you on the back foot from a negotiating standpoint, no?

Perhaps I'm overthinking things but I appreciate your help nonetheless.
I don't think you lose any negotiation power by calling in. You can always make up an excuse saying you got a call from this number and you're just calling back. They will ask for you to confirm your account details and when they see that there is a cancellation pending on the account then they will be able to offer you whatever discounts is available at that moment in time.
Apr 19, 2009
304 posts
208 upvotes
For those of you who cancelled with hopes to get a winback call, or a call form Ambassador's, did you get this warning from Rogers?

Bobbi11:24 AM
Once I put on the cancelation request, today, a return mailing label will be sent to return the equipment after the 2nd of April. There is currently 2 TV terminals w/remotes, and 1 internet modem, and all power cords.
Because the return mailing label will already be processed and mailed to you, the services will not be able to be reactivated, if you change your mind. The equipment will have to be returned first, then we can reactivate, and send out new equipment.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
snoshy wrote: For those of you who cancelled with hopes to get a winback call, or a call form Ambassador's, did you get this warning from Rogers?

Once I put on the cancelation request, today, a return mailing label will be sent to return the equipment after the 2nd of April. There is currently 2 TV terminals w/remotes, and 1 internet modem, and all power cords.
Because the return mailing label will already be processed and mailed to you, the services will not be able to be reactivated, if you change your mind. The equipment will have to be returned first, then we can reactivate, and send out new equipment.
Did you ask for cancellation immediately or at a later date?
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
snoshy wrote: For those of you who cancelled with hopes to get a winback call, or a call form Ambassador's, did you get this warning from Rogers?

I'm not sure if this is true if you are keeping your service the same as before. If you are downgrading or upgrading the service or equipment with your negotiated deal, then I guess you will have to return the equipment that you no longer need with the new service, but if you are able to negotiate a deal that uses the same equipment, I doubt you'll need to return anything.

And just to confirm, back in December I put in a cancellation request for a future date and I got the email with the return mailing labels. But I was able to negotiate some credits for a couple months so I had Rogers cancel the cancellation request and my service worked fine without having to return the equipment.
Apr 19, 2009
304 posts
208 upvotes
Nev007 wrote: Did you ask for cancellation immediately or at a later date?
It was for a future date, April 2 (my current discount ends with my bill on April 1st)
rvs007 wrote: I'm not sure if this is true if you are keeping your service the same as before. If you are downgrading or upgrading the service or equipment with your negotiated deal, then I guess you will have to return the equipment that you no longer need with the new service, but if you are able to negotiate a deal that uses the same equipment, I doubt you'll need to return anything.

And just to confirm, back in December I put in a cancellation request for a future date and I got the email with the return mailing labels. But I was able to negotiate some credits for a couple months so I had Rogers cancel the cancellation request and my service worked fine without having to return the equipment.
I got scared so I told them I would cancel once I have the competitor's offer lined up for a seamless transition (which isn't true at the moment). But if what you say is true, then I could just revoke the cancellation and pay 1 month of crappy pricing until I manage to negotiate a better one.

Currently I'm on Flex 5 + 500u for 85.99 (this includes a $60 discount), and I'm offered only a $20 discount going forward after April 2.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
snoshy wrote: It was for a future date, April 2 (my current discount ends with my bill on April 1st)

I got scared so I told them I would cancel once I have the competitor's offer lined up for a seamless transition (which isn't true at the moment). But if what you say is true, then I could just revoke the cancellation and pay 1 month of crappy pricing until I manage to negotiate a better one.

Currently I'm on Flex 5 + 500u for 85.99 (this includes a $60 discount), and I'm offered only a $20 discount going forward after April 2.
When I was given the various options by the ambassador team, I was offered Flex 10+Gigabit with 2 boxes (1 extra) for $87.99+tax. So you can definitely get a better deal if you plan on keeping Flex 5 and 500u.
Sep 17, 2013
191 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just put in my cancellation today. Our Gigabit service ends near the end of the month and timed the cancellation for that same day. We'll see if they actually call back. The best offer they could provide was $67.99 + tax. I'm currently at $52.99 after the rate hike earlier.
Going Awesome Places - Best credit cards for Canadians for travel hacking, car rental coupon codes list, and travel deals.
Jan 17, 2020
38 posts
12 upvotes
[On the phone with retentions, I am getting offered:

500u Ignite Internet (+ 3 Extender Pods and newest router)
Ignite Popular (with Flex 46)
Homephone

For $110+ tax.
What do you guys think? Good Deal? I am paying now 100+ tax for the same without the 3 pods.
Last edited by TEagle on Mar 10th, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
TEagle wrote: [On the phone with retentions, I am getting offered:

500u Ignite Internet (+ 3 Extender Pods and newest router)
Ignite Popular (with Flex 20)
Homephone

For $110+ tax.
What do you guys think? Good Deal? I am paying now 100+ tax for the same without the 3 pods.
router or modem?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
TEagle wrote: Modem**, sorry. They are giving me the XB7.
ah ok, keep us posted on what modem you physically get,
Jan 17, 2020
38 posts
12 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: ah ok, keep us posted on what modem you physically get,
They are sending a tech to my house to do the swap. Will let you guys know.
Dec 19, 2011
80 posts
57 upvotes
AJAX
wmahmud wrote: I got an email from Rogers (official) March 1, saying to keep using my internet from March 21 (end of my promo) at 500u for $47.99

My new bill was at regular price - I am on chat, they say I was never sent any such email (when I clearly have it in my inbox from rogers@e.rogers.com) on March.1 - and that its not on my account.

Black out the personal info and post the story on facebook? If you did this over chat you should also have a transcript of the agent telling you it never happened.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
1042 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Any rogers reps could contact me with a deal? New customer. M6J area. Either 3 services or just Internet

Called get and was offered 500mbps/basic tv/home phone for $100
or just 500mbps for $84.99

trying to get better than this
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Tried this already? Try escalate every time you chat/call.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contact ... -a-concern

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)