Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

May 18, 2009
8 posts
5 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: finally got my XB7 modem, after the wait from the manager trying to migrate me over to ignite, he finally
did it, and also gave me 12 months at $49.99/month for IGNITE GIGABIT instead of the $55.99 he quoted me right before
i was about to cancel.
Can you confirm how many Ethernet ports the XB7 there are at the back, please? Thanks.
Feb 7, 2007
431 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
shihman wrote: Can you confirm how many Ethernet ports the XB7 there are at the back, please? Thanks.
4. One of them does 2.5gbs
Feb 7, 2007
431 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
jerry70450 wrote: which one? is it the one with the dot?
The one with the orange line. Should be bottom right.
Dec 7, 2014
4 posts
15 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Hello.
New customer looking for cable package. looking for something 300mbps or more. Please PM me with any offers for new sign ups. Thank you
Aug 13, 2018
421 posts
471 upvotes
Update on the pods: They indeed have the new 2nd generation pods. They go up to 600mbps. The old ones only did up to 200 mbps. However, each customer can only get 1 for free now instead of 3 for the old ones. The rep did mention a customer with a fully detached house with the modem in the basement installed 1 pod and now has coverage through the house. I'll report back later to see if those claims holds up.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
shihman wrote: Can you confirm how many Ethernet ports the XB7 there are at the back, please? Thanks.
4 ports
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
jerry70450 wrote: Update on the pods: They indeed have the new 2nd generation pods. They go up to 600mbps. The old ones only did up to 200 mbps. However, each customer can only get 1 for free now instead of 3 for the old ones. The rep did mention a customer with a fully detached house with the modem in the basement installed 1 pod and now has coverage through the house. I'll report back later to see if those claims holds up.
Is it compatible with xb7 or just for xb6?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
DudebuD wrote: Looking for mobile as a new customer in l4l considering Telus on a winback as I'm currently with Fido and they've done nothing for me.

What's out there?
I think there's a different thread for mobile deals
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
MikeA92094 wrote: Been renewing for 4 years at 42.93$ gigabit internet in northern gta (house not condo). Never accept increase eventually they give in.

They will not give you a better price though if you switch to new gigabit package with grey modem vs.white. white modem is legacy package pricing.
How can I renew the legacy pricing? They are offering 80 something, I was on $40 too for a year then they increased that to $50 and now thats gone the best FB chat seems to offer is 83. Not sure who I should contact or whether I should just schedule a cancellation?

Thanks
Jul 10, 2018
216 posts
276 upvotes
motime wrote: How can I renew the legacy pricing? They are offering 80 something, I was on $40 too for a year then they increased that to $50 and now thats gone the best FB chat seems to offer is 83. Not sure who I should contact or whether I should just schedule a cancellation?

Thanks

Never had to try cancel method. If they fail to offer better price. Ask for office of president. They can authorize better deals than Facebook despite what they say.

Sometimes I try with the Rogers online chat before Facebook have had luck there. But office of president is best last choice before threat of cancel.

Also in terms of when to ask usually ask the month it expires anything earlier they won't have anything
Feb 6, 2020
12 posts
Munky06 wrote: Danced with Rogers again for:

Gigabit Ignite with XB7 modem
Basic TV
Home Phone

87.99 + tax
My deal expired this billing cycle (oops, my bad) and went up to $173.99+HST :facepalm: I am paying for Ignite 500U; PopularTV with one PVR and one extra box; home phone no LD and a couple of features I don't use.

We almost never have an issue with the service, it's just the $$$$

Chatted Rogers Ignite team this morning and best I could get was $108.99+. Said forget it, cancel it at the end of the month but they would not. It was either cancel TODAY or call back when you have your new ISP set up and we'll cancel it same day. So that's a new wrinkle. Don't know if I will get a call from the retention people since I told the guy NOT to cancel today as we are all working/studying from home.

Happy to hear your advice everyone. Thanks.
Nov 16, 2010
99 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Have Bell Fibe 1.5 Gigabit with basic tv and homephone with a 71 dollar credit paying 84 dollars
Looking to port over to rogers with something similar but willing to take off basic tv or lower the internet speed to reduce price.
Postal code M5A

Thanks
Jul 21, 2008
599 posts
330 upvotes
MikeA92094 wrote: Never had to try cancel method. If they fail to offer better price. Ask for office of president. They can authorize better deals than Facebook despite what they say.

Sometimes I try with the Rogers online chat before Facebook have had luck there. But office of president is best last choice before threat of cancel.

Also in terms of when to ask usually ask the month it expires anything earlier they won't have anything
How do you contact the office of the President?
Jul 10, 2018
216 posts
276 upvotes
afterburn999 wrote: How do you contact the office of the President?

Any rep your talking to if they don't solve it just ask for a call back from the office of the president.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Been getting calls from Rogers (not a customer) for a 1 year promo on the 500mpbs plan for $45 to $50 ish something after taxes. I said how about Fibe and they said the same thing.

I heard their fibe is not as great as Bell? I am a current Bell Fibe customer.
Blanka
Aug 14, 2010
612 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
Czibjinovic wrote: My deal expired this billing cycle (oops, my bad) and went up to $173.99+HST :facepalm: I am paying for Ignite 500U; PopularTV with one PVR and one extra box; home phone no LD and a couple of features I don't use.

We almost never have an issue with the service, it's just the $$$$

Chatted Rogers Ignite team this morning and best I could get was $108.99+. Said forget it, cancel it at the end of the month but they would not. It was either cancel TODAY or call back when you have your new ISP set up and we'll cancel it same day. So that's a new wrinkle. Don't know if I will get a call from the retention people since I told the guy NOT to cancel today as we are all working/studying from home.

Happy to hear your advice everyone. Thanks.
I was talking to retention and I didn't like what they were offering me. I asked when my billing cycle ends, they told me March 31st, so I asked to put a cancellation on that date and they did. Sounds like they were BS'ing you, or calling your bluff.
I'm just waiting for Winback to phone me, or if not I'll phone them a few days before the 31st.
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
MikeA92094 wrote: Any rep your talking to if they don't solve it just ask for a call back from the office of the president.
lol man seems like something out of the movie, but lets give this a shot. I will ask for the office of the president and report back to you.
Jan 20, 2013
480 posts
269 upvotes
Do they give deals on the super basic "Internet 10"? It's $49/month.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
Recieved winback call from Rogers after switching to bell last year. They offered 1000mb Ignite Internet for $49.99 - 12months.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

CosplayKing