Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Aug 29, 2007
345 posts
159 upvotes
Harrow91 wrote: I was on $49.99 for gigabit.
Rogers bends over in my condo because Fiberstream irapes them hard. 90% fiberstream 10% rogers or BHell.. in my building. I'm one of the leftover who lazy to switch. Wife has some weird rogers love bs going on cuz one of her sister works for Robbers. Anyway enough useless info.
Sometimes in November my price went to $53.99 I was too lazy to bitch at them be on hold for some bs 4$
I just received an email that say my internet deal expires soon I will be automatically put on $57.99 for gigabit.

Would I do the cancel game to get a winback call for $49.99? Again I'm a bit lazy but now it's +8$ which is about 100$ in a year more.
Almost feel like when u get a 30$ parking ticket not worth your time to fight it just pay.
Screenshot_20210427-220919_Email.jpg

Anybody got similar email offer?
Please see picture
I got the email but my offer was only a $5 discount. Last year, my $49 Gigabit ended around the same time and they offered $30 discount, so I was paying around $75 per month. Didn't want to bother with cancelling since there wasn't much options. I guess they figured they can try and gouge me for more money. Time to play the cancellation game. If they can't offer anything good, I will just go with Carrytel or one of the smaller ISPs.

"Starting June 3, 2021, your new monthly fee for your Rogers Internet service will be $102.99/mo., after a promotional discount of $5.00/mo. for 12 months (subject to rate increase)."
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3217 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
will660 wrote: I got the email but my offer was only a $5 discount. Last year, my $49 Gigabit ended around the same time and they offered $30 discount, so I was paying around $75 per month. Didn't want to bother with cancelling since there wasn't much options. I guess they figured they can try and gouge me for more money. Time to play the cancellation game. If they can't offer anything good, I will just go with Carrytel or one of the smaller ISPs.

"Starting June 3, 2021, your new monthly fee for your Rogers Internet service will be $102.99/mo., after a promotional discount of $5.00/mo. for 12 months (subject to rate increase)."
Are you me because I also received an email that my monthly rate has been increased to $92.99 -time to break up with rogers and move on
Jan 24, 2015
24 posts
1 upvote
Carleton Place
I haven't seen much for new customer discounts, I called in for cable, internet and 2 cell phones and they pretty much offer rack rate minus 20 bucks a month..
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1698 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
I’m moving end of May. Would it be better to put in a cancellation request for that day or just tell them I’m moving and ask for a new plan?

Told retentions I was moving and they gave me $159.99 for 150mbs Ignite and Flex 20 cable package with extra receiver and Cantonese superpack for the new house. I feel they can do better.
Apr 26, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
I got no deals when I signed up for Rogers ignite 1 gigabit. I’m paying $119/mo and I havent received any fee waivers or discounts or offers at all and I’m considering going to Bell simply because they lay on the offers left and right and I’m paying too much. Can deal with a deduction in speed or with a bundle deal but all I’m getting is cable with no breaks? Seems like a raw deal.

Anyone with insight or ability to help please DM, I live in M5B downtown TO
Banned
Sep 27, 2020
50 posts
29 upvotes
Keepyourrent wrote: I got no deals when I signed up for Rogers ignite 1 gigabit. I’m paying $119/mo and I havent received any fee waivers or discounts or offers at all and I’m considering going to Bell simply because they lay on the offers left and right and I’m paying too much. Can deal with a deduction in speed or with a bundle deal but all I’m getting is cable with no breaks? Seems like a raw deal.

Wow that's Mental.
You really are getting gangbanged by Robbers.
They even skipped the lube
Zero discounts WTF!?!?
Sep 7, 2004
128 posts
42 upvotes
I called the Ambassador line this morning and got a regular Customer Service Rep. Somebody else had mentioned above that that had happened to them. Another poster had mentioned that their lines open at 10 am, so maybe it is not a good idea to call before 10 am. I was hoping to leave a message. In the end I was just quoted the same amounts as before.
Nov 29, 2013
25 posts
4 upvotes
Looking for home internet, M1V postal code. Please DM, thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
Keepyourrent wrote: I got no deals when I signed up for Rogers ignite 1 gigabit. I’m paying $119/mo and I havent received any fee waivers or discounts or offers at all and I’m considering going to Bell simply because they lay on the offers left and right and I’m paying too much. Can deal with a deduction in speed or with a bundle deal but all I’m getting is cable with no breaks? Seems like a raw deal.

I think you're the first person I've ever seen paying regular price for internet. Rogers must love you lol
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
EscaBoi wrote: I’m moving end of May. Would it be better to put in a cancellation request for that day or just tell them I’m moving and ask for a new plan?

Told retentions I was moving and they gave me $159.99 for 150mbs Ignite and Flex 20 cable package with extra receiver and Cantonese superpack for the new house. I feel they can do better.
Just set up cancellation for that day (say you're moving), someone will call with a better offer I'm sure. You've really got nothing to lose lol
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4090 posts
2237 upvotes
Toronto
Uggh time to do the annual song and dance for my parents who are too boomer to cut the cable cord.

What are the best promos for bundling home phone, internet (75/150 down is more than fine), and cable (which they somewhat refuse to go to Bell for).
I'm fine leaving them cable only and moving the other two to a smaller provider/VoIP.
Postal code is L4C.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7655 posts
1110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hvc wrote: Just set up cancellation for that day (say you're moving), someone will call with a better offer I'm sure. You've really got nothing to lose lol
I'm not sure if that's the best approach - if your cancellation is listed as "moving", they may think you're moving outside Rogers territory and you'll never get a call from winback.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
VivienM wrote: I'm not sure if that's the best approach - if your cancellation is listed as "moving", they may think you're moving outside Rogers territory and you'll never get a call from winback.
I doubt the conversation will be "oh, moving? cool. Cancellation date set, thanks for being a Rogers customer!" I reckon they'll ask your new postal code, they'll say it's in service, no need to cancel they can move services, etc., etc., and you say, "nah, there's better deals from Bell out there (Fibe, etc.)".

But sure, not necessary to mention you're moving, I guess lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7655 posts
1110 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hvc wrote: I doubt the conversation will be "oh, moving? cool. Cancellation date set, thanks for being a Rogers customer!" I reckon they'll ask your new postal code, they'll say it's in service, no need to cancel they can move services, etc., etc., and you say, "nah, there's better deals from Bell out there (Fibe, etc.)".

But sure, not necessary to mention you're moving, I guess lol.
That's an interesting question - I wonder what happens if you call them up and say you're cancelling because you're moving, how much probing they do to see if your new address is in a Rogers service area?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1698 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
VivienM wrote: That's an interesting question - I wonder what happens if you call them up and say you're cancelling because you're moving, how much probing they do to see if your new address is in a Rogers service area?
That's exactly what I did. I said I'd like to put in a request to cancel my services and they asked why. I said I'm moving and would like to weigh my options. They checked the new address and it is servable and made the offer above. So just wondering now if there is any benefit to fully cancelling. No harm in trying I guess.
Aug 5, 2016
59 posts
14 upvotes
Did anyone actually have anything to share on the new customer (i believe that is what this thread supposed to be LOL). All i got is $69 gigabit. decent but will stay with my current provider.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
EscaBoi wrote: That's exactly what I did. I said I'd like to put in a request to cancel my services and they asked why. I said I'm moving and would like to weigh my options. They checked the new address and it is servable and made the offer above. So just wondering now if there is any benefit to fully cancelling. No harm in trying I guess.
Yeah I definitely would. Then expect a call from winback and go from there.
Mar 2, 2007
813 posts
1055 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
techno87 wrote: Hey if any reps are out there, please dm me

Looking for internet and TV. L4S postal code - new customer

Thanks
citron wrote: Looking for home internet, M1V postal code. Please DM, thank you!
discountJockey wrote: Did anyone actually have anything to share on the new customer (i believe that is what this thread supposed to be LOL). All i got is $69 gigabit. decent but will stay with my current provider.
MichaelC79825 wrote: Hi, looking for basic internet in M2H 1J7.
No DM's for you!

This is the way!
rogers-rogers-cable-retentions-new-cust ... #p34398217

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Apr 28, 2021
4 posts
New brunswick
Having worked for Rogers in the past (contracted - third party) I gotta say, great tips in here!
Kudos guys.More power to the people.
New Brunswick only.
Legally not allowed to advertise.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)