Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2481 posts
2168 upvotes
GTA
aks1011 wrote:
May 1st, 2019 6:27 pm
Just finished chatting on FB Messenger with a rep regarding my expiring promotions.

Ended up getting Ignite Gigabit (unlimited) Internet, Popular TV with 4K box rental, Basic home phone for $102 + tax / mo. I was previously at $99 + tax / mo for the same services.
No contract and discounts are good for 12 months.
Good deal. More aggressive retention pricing could become a trend after bad Q1 numbers released last week (a higher percentage of cable and home phone customers cutting the cord, overall revenue down from previous quarter in spite of decent growth in wireless)
Dec 27, 2002
425 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
For new customers is it hard to get them to waive the activation fee(internet)?
Oct 31, 2012
505 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Just got off the phone and got this for 119 + tax

No term, no installation
Ignite Internet Gigabit
Popular TV Package (comes with 84 choices for additional channels)
2 device boxes with 4k? And cloud recording
Home Phone
A basic Smart Home Monitoring for 24 months. If I cancel must pay for device rental (after a year would cost 137)
Oct 31, 2012
505 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto

No term, no installation
Ignite Internet Gigabit
Home Phone
A basic Smart Home Monitoring for 24 months. If I cancel must pay for device rental (after a year would cost 137)
$150 Prepaid Mastercard
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2481 posts
2168 upvotes
GTA
kris07 wrote:
May 1st, 2019 9:08 pm

No term, no installation
Ignite Internet Gigabit
Home Phone
$150 Prepaid Mastercard

Cloud recording, that's Ignite TV----the offering of great deals that Include Ignite TV, this is new if I'm not mistaken
Aug 13, 2011
27 posts
4 upvotes
Stittsville
Was offered this as a new customer over the chat on rogers.com site. Doesn't seem like a very good deal to me

· Popular TV package with 150 + Channels and the theme pack for extra Kids channels
· Two 4k capable and backwards compatible wireless cable tv boxes
· Ignite 150 unlimited internet with speeds up to 150 mbps
· One time Install Charge $149.99 + HST
· Free home phone service with unlimited Canada wide calling and 6 features
· No contract
· $150 Bill credit on bill 2 or 3
· $150 free prepaid MasterCard
· $20 off monthly for 12 months
· $139.99 + tax/month
I can also include CRAVE TV + HBO free for 12 months ( $240 values )
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5085 posts
1018 upvotes
Milton
bdmacdonald wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 6:51 am
Was offered this as a new customer over the chat on rogers.com site. Doesn't seem like a very good deal to me

· Popular TV package with 150 + Channels and the theme pack for extra Kids channels
· Two 4k capable and backwards compatible wireless cable tv boxes
· Ignite 150 unlimited internet with speeds up to 150 mbps
· One time Install Charge $149.99 + HST
· Free home phone service with unlimited Canada wide calling and 6 features
· No contract
· $150 Bill credit on bill 2 or 3
· $150 free prepaid MasterCard
· $20 off monthly for 12 months
· $139.99 + tax/month
I can also include CRAVE TV + HBO free for 12 months ( $240 values )
Not a good offer, compared to what other have received few months bac. However its much better than what is publicly offered.

Rogers offered the same thing to me but decided to settle with the 75U for 39.99 (12 months + No contract). This way I can switch any new offers (i.e. back to school deals) easily.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1019 posts
132 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 8:03 am
If you agreed to guaranteed pricing you're entitled to it - if the advisor misled you (gasp) then it's simply a matter of following up with front line customer service or beyond if necessary. With 4-5 months left on the clock a goodwill credit for the difference plus tax is the neatest approach. If they give you a hard time simply escalate; however, for each level you escalate I would be emphasizing double the goodwill credit.
I spoke to them today. Said my promotional offer was a "guaranteed savings" and not a set price like my previous promotion of vip tv and 1gb internet ($99) And that their is nothing they can do as that's the best deal.

Currently plan is 128 after tax now. 1gb internet with premier tv w/ one 4k pvr. My internet has never been higher than 230mbps which is kind of annoying. If it werent for my love for sports, cable would be cancelled.
Sep 13, 2012
633 posts
285 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
dan668 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 6:17 pm
I spoke to them today. Said my promotional offer was a "guaranteed savings" and not a set price like my previous promotion of vip tv and 1gb internet ($99) And that their is nothing they can do as that's the best deal.

Currently plan is 128 after tax now. 1gb internet with premier tv w/ one 4k pvr. My internet has never been higher than 230mbps which is kind of annoying. If it werent for my love for sports, cable would be cancelled.
Follow up with technical support and have them escalate as required regarding that “gigabit” speed.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2012
1019 posts
132 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
100Pacer wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 6:26 pm
Follow up with technical support and have them escalate as required regarding that “gigabit” speed.
I have spoke before with technical suport. They tested it and confirmed hardware wasnt the issue. Was nowhere near 1 gb. Said they had to escalate the issue. Might have to contact again, as i never did hear back. Assuming its a limitation in the neighbourhood.
Sep 13, 2012
633 posts
285 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
dan668 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 6:54 pm
I have spoke before with technical suport. They tested it and confirmed hardware wasnt the issue. Was nowhere near 1 gb. Said they had to escalate the issue. Might have to contact again, as i never did hear back. Assuming its a limitation in the neighbourhood.
Various factors at play but don’t assume anything rather have them work to determine why you can’t achieve decent speed - they’ll consider anything above 500mbps decent speed for “gigabit” service. Technical support wasn’t helpful in my case and neither were numerous technicians. It’s only after escalating that a “senior technician” who was actually knowledgeable to diagnose and repair did his part and then I saw positive results.
May 2, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
doujincore wrote:
May 1st, 2019 5:10 pm
So the 500G 24.99 ended last month..

got offered 150u/34.99 for 12 month and grabbed it.
So tired of this yearly haggle. Was on vip/gig $99. Best they would do was 121 for vip/75. Was less internet for more$ . finally after yrs of this bs. I dropped cable, too many cheaper options to keep it. Still paying 51 for 75u. Internet will be next to go as soon as i find a diff carrier. Bye bye robbers. I wont be back
Oct 14, 2010
51 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Just scheduled my cancellation with Rogers. The best offer they gave me was 150u for $79.99/month. I can get Teksavvy 150 for $68.95/month. What a joke.
Jan 13, 2017
468 posts
141 upvotes
Has anybody else got a good deal from Rogers? My contract is expiring in less than a month.
Jan 13, 2017
468 posts
141 upvotes
Ok, so i got off FB messenger with Rogers, and here is the 'deal' that I got as an existing customer:

1 Gigabit Internet w/modem rental, PVR(keeping exisiting PVR rental), Premier TV with 1 bonus channel, 3 month trial of Hollywood Suite and Super Channels
Total cost per month $131.06 inclusive of taxes. 12months with no term.

What do u all think? I didn't want to haggle anymore with Rogers like last year. Slightly more expensive, but got upgraded from 500 u to 1 Gigabit, and the free 3 month trials.

Hopefully, this helps ppl here.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 6 guests)

bmw330i, dan668