Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Jan 27, 2010
171 posts
46 upvotes
Terrana
also would like to speak to a field rep if possible thanks
Feb 18, 2013
214 posts
27 upvotes
Scarborough
Hi all,

I currently have 500U and Premier TV (non-ignite TV) and paying $126 taxes in per month (includes modem) I live in Toronto.

My promotion period is up in 2 weeks, so I called to see what they could do.

Was offered to keep the same package for $110 total per month.

Is this a good deal? Thanks
Oct 29, 2018
2 posts
Hello All,

Im moving to the Ottawa area and I noticed the offers on the Rogers website are pretty weak compared to the deals that people have found on here. Dont suppose I could get a field rep to PM me as I'll need internet and home phone at my new place K1V - never been a Rogers customer either

Note: I chatted with an agent on the Rogers chat and told her I was looking for the 19.99 500U deal, she said she would want that deal too :O
Jan 9, 2010
74 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hi All, I am in Pickering, I am shopping around for Home internet as a new customer. Any rogers agent or any advise what I can get? I am with Fido at 75U for $32.50.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7353 posts
822 upvotes
GTA
What would qualify as a 'new' customer? I'm assuming if we have any Rogers services we are not new customers? (we have internet 75/10 with Carrytel $34.99 per month/home phone with TekSavvy and very, very limited digital basic $20/month Rogers cable). Everything is in my name so I also wonder if putting services in my husband's name would make us new customers?

I'm just looking for a better internet package when a good deal becomes available. Home phone and cable aren't as important but would consolidate everything if it was worth it
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Jul 11, 2013
40 posts
18 upvotes
I'm looking for a field rep who can get me an internet deal for the 500U or Gigabit at <$40. Location is Thornhill/Vaughan (if that makes a difference). Service would be for a townhome location that is in a condo corp. I am a new Rogers customer, but have just set up my cable TV with them which is paid through the condo corp (no cost to myself).

thnx in advance
Jan 9, 2010
74 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Someone approached me with decent deals for home internet, but he is asking for DOB and Photo ID which I can't share. How do you guys deals with field agents. How do they set up your account?
Jun 15, 2017
112 posts
51 upvotes
aresham wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:34 pm
Someone approached me with decent deals for home internet, but he is asking for DOB and Photo ID which I can't share. How do you guys deals with field agents. How do they set up your account?
Can't or won't? If your skeptical on the rep, ask for his name/workID then call rogers to confirm is the said person works for them to confirm his identity.
May 18, 2019
169 posts
38 upvotes
aresham wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:34 pm
Don't provide it if he doesn't prove he is a Rogers agent through corporate e-mail or phone number.
Jan 9, 2010
74 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thank you both very much. I'll ask him to see what he is responding. If he is legit, I'll sign up with him because his offers are very good. Al
Sep 2, 2016
375 posts
214 upvotes
maffu313 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:30 pm
I'm looking for a field rep who can get me an internet deal for the 500U or Gigabit at <$40. Location is Thornhill/Vaughan (if that makes a difference). Service would be for a townhome location that is in a condo corp. I am a new Rogers customer, but have just set up my cable TV with them which is paid through the condo corp (no cost to myself).

thnx in advance
Shouldn’t need a field rep for that. I’m in the Thornhill area, live in a condo where Rogers cable is included and was able to get 500mbps unlimited internet for $24.99
May 27, 2019
22 posts
3 upvotes
caddie444 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:06 pm
Hi all,

I currently have 500U and Premier TV (non-ignite TV) and paying $126 taxes in per month (includes modem) I live in Toronto.

My promotion period is up in 2 weeks, so I called to see what they could do.

Was offered to keep the same package for $110 total per month.

Is this a good deal? Thanks
That is a very good deal, new customers generally pay as much if not slightly more for the same package
Jul 2, 2011
33 posts
9 upvotes
Thornhill
Hi. In Thornhill looking someone to contact for options to replace my Fido internet. Thanks.
Jul 11, 2013
40 posts
18 upvotes
Dmbpjfan wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 5:50 pm
Shouldn’t need a field rep for that. I’m in the Thornhill area, live in a condo where Rogers cable is included and was able to get 500mbps unlimited internet for $24.99
I inquired with Rogers via Live Chat and also visiting them in store, and was told the best offer for my area was $62.99+tax for 500U. Managed to get in touch with a field rep that was able to offer me something better (<$40) so I went with that for now. My in-laws need a better internet + tv plan coming up too, so I'll probably check back in a week or two to see if any other deals pop up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)