Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 4, 2008
90 posts
40 upvotes
Scarborough
discountJockey wrote: I recently got gigabit internet set up at a great price ($59.99) and unfortunately i have to move. Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer plan to the person moving in? Or do i have to cancel (as i will not need a service to my new location) the account and the person moving in has to get a new internet service? Appreciate any input. thanks
I called in to cancel my internet service because I was moving. The rep asked me if the next person coming in would like to take over the price/plan. So I am sure it's an option - go to rogers online chat and ask how you can do this.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6335 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
Called today and switched my ignite gigabit + popular tv bundle to flex 20 + sports and gigabit for $105.
Jul 18, 2014
810 posts
1866 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
does Rogers still do retentions deals for internet? I called in to cancel for September 20th and wasn't put through to retention like the last time. I'm thinking of just going to virgin internet
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2489 posts
292 upvotes
Just got a call from Rogers winback. Asked who we have and I said bell (we have Fido...)
  • Ignite 500 for $44.99+ tax 12 months
  • Ignite 1gb: 49.99+ tax 12 months
Anybody have issues going from Fido to Rogers like this?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1341 posts
878 upvotes
pandachan88 wrote: Just got a call from Rogers winback. Asked who we have and I said bell (we have Fido...)
  • Ignite 500 for $44.99+ tax 12 months
  • Ignite 1gb: 49.99+ tax 12 months
Anybody have issues going from Fido to Rogers like this?
Great offer. My internet will expire tomorrow. And the best they're offering is $85 for 500u. And technically I will start as a new customer, wanting a new credit check, although my account is active until tomorrow!
Apr 1, 2013
224 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Bubbahee wrote: Did you have to leave rogers to get winback offer?
You don't have to completely leave but you have to have a cancellation date in place on your account.
Apr 1, 2013
224 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I still have 4 months left on my deal, but Bell is offering way more for less in my condo right now. Put in a cancellation as they said I already have their best offer. LIES! Let's see if Winback can do better...
Apr 1, 2013
224 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious. Has anyone ever tried calling winback IMMEDIATELY after cancelling or do you always wait at least a day?
Aug 2, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
My deal expired, chatted with Rogers support on the website, got offered 52.99+tax for 500u+gen 2 gateway. Took it because I don't want to do the cancellation song and dance for an extra $3/mo for a year. Toronto.
Mar 2, 2007
813 posts
1055 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
SenorDD wrote: Just curious. Has anyone ever tried calling winback IMMEDIATELY after cancelling or do you always wait at least a day?
Better to wait and give time for the system to have your cancellation in place.
Also better to have them call you. This is how the process should work and won't raise any flags.
If after a few days they haven't called then you can call.

Good luck!

RFDers who push too hard eventually kill the deal for everyone. Trust the process.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Sep 10, 2018
80 posts
590 upvotes
I was able to live chat today and get 1gb for $54.99 didnt have to leave or anything
Jun 2, 2008
66 posts
7 upvotes
markham
What's the best deal now people are getting for gigabit and tv? Best I was able to get was gigabit with ignite tv flex 20 for 105 dollars.
Dec 27, 2006
489 posts
239 upvotes
Canada
Just placed my cancellation today for Sep 15. We'll see if they call me back
Aug 5, 2016
59 posts
14 upvotes
inssain wrote: I called in to cancel my internet service because I was moving. The rep asked me if the next person coming in would like to take over the price/plan. So I am sure it's an option - go to rogers online chat and ask how you can do this.
Thanks. Managed to get it done.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3186 posts
1641 upvotes
Markham
Just spoke with Rogers retentions on the phone. I have TV services too, gigabit internet for $103 minus a $25 bundle discount is the best pricing they can offer. Put in a cancellation request, will see what winback can offer.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6335 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
pman113 wrote: does Rogers still do retentions deals for internet? I called in to cancel for September 20th and wasn't put through to retention like the last time. I'm thinking of just going to virgin internet
They don't have much pull anymore. I spoke w/ retentions recently and they only offered me $10 credit.
Dec 11, 2006
304 posts
279 upvotes
Called yesterday to cancel...got the call back today and got offered gigabit with ignite tv 20 + prime time for $107/month

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)