Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Feb 18, 2003
992 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Miguel wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 4:42 pm

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY (GTA):

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
-Theme Pack (free for 3 months)
-12 month contract, $29 installation fee (after $20 waive credit)
** At Request: Can possibly also get you 3 months free Rogers Express internet, or 3 months of Rogers Extreme internet for $10.
Can only get this from Victor, who you could reach at (416) 823-4988.
Thanks to innacana for the original find

Any way to get a free HD-PVR with this?
Where it say "-Standard Box Rental" is that free or you have to pay that?
If you already have Internet, can a credit be issued on your account or some other promo offered instead?
Can this be combined with the $300 HD-PVR BB purchase + $100 programming credit?
What is the difference between Digital VIP Cable and the VIP Package or is it the same thing?

I was offered the following when I called them a few nights ago telling them I already own 2 of the Rogers HD PVR Boxes and looking to see what they can offer me if I were to leave Bell and sign back up with them. I'm glad I did not pull the trigger and say yes just yet.

VIP Package
-$60.48 VIP Package / month
- $8.95 HD Service / month
- minus $8.00 for bundling with Internet
Internet
- $36.99 1ST YEAR 10MBPS / 60 GB PER MONTH
- 6 FREE PPV Movies
- 1 FREE Month of MOVIE NETWORK (Including HBO Canada)
Aug 25, 2008
599 posts
45 upvotes
I have promotions ending September 21st - called the other day and the girl said it would be better to call AFTER my current deals expire...

Right now I have:

HDPVR
Digital VIP
HD Pack
Home phone (no features)
Express Internet

And I pay about $118 everything in....I would like to keep this price...
Nov 4, 2008
411 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
You can do better than this. At least get 20% off your bill.
romm2002a wrote:
Sep 4th, 2009 1:24 pm
What is the difference between Digital VIP Cable and the VIP Package or is it the same thing?

I was offered the following when I called them a few nights ago telling them I already own 2 of the Rogers HD PVR Boxes and looking to see what they can offer me if I were to leave Bell and sign back up with them. I'm glad I did not pull the trigger and say yes just yet.

VIP Package
-$60.48 VIP Package / month
- $8.95 HD Service / month
- minus $8.00 for bundling with Internet
Internet
- $36.99 1ST YEAR 10MBPS / 60 GB PER MONTH
- 6 FREE PPV Movies
- 1 FREE Month of MOVIE NETWORK (Including HBO Canada)
Feb 18, 2003
992 posts
19 upvotes
Ottawa
Is the number posted Victor's direct number or do I need to ask for Victor? Also wondering if I need to quote RFD in my conversation?
Mar 6, 2005
586 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Just sign-up with Victor today. Installation date will be Sept 26th. I will update everyone with my experience on the first bill.
Victor, if you are reading this .... thank you for your help. AND ....I hope there will be no surprises when I receive the first bill.

When I talked to customer retention ... they said it is no way they can offer Digital VIP for $35 ... so we shall see if Victor live up to his promises.
danyo wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 3:59 pm

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY (TORONTO/OTTAWA/?):

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
-Theme Pack (free for 3 months)
-12 month contract, $29 installation fee (after $20 waive credit)
** At Request: Can possibly also get you 3 months free Rogers Express internet, or 3 months of Rogers Extreme internet for $10.
Can only get this from Victor, who you could reach at (416) 823-4988.
Thanks to innacana for the original find
!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2824 posts
404 upvotes
Vancouver
romm2002a wrote:
Sep 4th, 2009 2:53 pm
Is the number posted Victor's direct number or do I need to ask for Victor? Also wondering if I need to quote RFD in my conversation?
Should be his cell phone number, but when he answers, just confirm that you're speaking to him.

I didn't quote RFD, I just said I heard about a digital VIP package deal through him and asked what the pricing was.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2116 posts
193 upvotes
After the last rates increase I snapped, called Rogers and cancelled my internet (knowing they would call me back). After I was done cancelling the account, before I could even hang up they offered me Express for $32/month for 12 months.

You have to actually cancel the account to get the retention deals. There is a 30 day "cooling down" period before they actually stop the account. During that time someone from customer retention will call you back.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1293 posts
29 upvotes
I have actually cancelled my TV with Rogers after 1 yr of HDPVR discounts etc , the retention guy only offered me 20% off digital vip which is like some $ 52 ..where I was paying $ 44 with taxes ...so I cancelled....

should I now call back and ask for better deal or just call Victor for the $ 35 deal.... :D
2005 Toyota Sienna CE (DO NOT BUY - CLICK HERE)
May 18, 2008
26 posts
6 upvotes
Here's what I managed to get today:
30% off Express Internet
20% off Digital VIP Cable
Free HD-PVR for a year
20% off Superstation, TMN, HDTV Specialty Channel Package.

Couldn't get them to remove the Digital Services Fee or make the HD-non-PVR box I have free for a year as well, oh well.

Saved about $40 a month, which isn't so bad I suppose.
May 26, 2009
240 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
who is victor? can somebody tell me his number coz i wanted to have a better deal with my bundle of internet phone and cable tv coz im thinking of cancelling my internet and phone services from rogers
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2824 posts
404 upvotes
Vancouver
blackmoon69 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2009 11:57 pm
who is victor? can somebody tell me his number coz i wanted to have a better deal with my bundle of internet phone and cable tv coz im thinking of cancelling my internet and phone services from rogers
dude, read the first post. the deal from victor is for new customers only
Sep 15, 2007
556 posts
43 upvotes
What should I say to get the cable and extreme Internet deal? And what number do I call? Thanks
Aug 29, 2007
285 posts
101 upvotes
i can confirm that I have used victor to set up my VIP cable service, and it is exactly as advertised, no surprise charges at all.... my 1 year is almost up, so pretty soon, i will be calling to look for a better deal.... i will update to see what i can get.... but victor is definitely the real deal.... when i called last year, he even threw in an extra $30 bucks off for the 1st month, which is pretty cool.... so if you are a new subscriber or customer, victor can get you the best deal...
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3177 posts
517 upvotes
Oiy, one more question.

Does the digital VIP include Fairchild? I live in North York if that makes a difference :) .

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Reduced, chimaican