Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5230 posts
2738 upvotes
Northside
t-dot. wrote: Just got offered this deal, don't think it's the best...but seems like a hit or miss these days...

gigabit unlimited
popular tv (if my tv is not 4k, is there a point in trying to get the 4k box?)

$105 + tax

should I accept? I'm on the old vip + internet package (which was actually a few dollars more).
It seems people have gotten this with home phone for $99, but I really don't need home phone.
Is it a 4k PVR? If it is, take it and run.

Whats the term looking like?
Aug 10, 2010
450 posts
248 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: Is it a 4k PVR? If it is, take it and run.

Whats the term looking like?
12 month pricing. No, not 4k, just the nextbox 3.0, I'm on rent to own which will finish in a few months, therefore I didn't want to change it.
Nov 5, 2012
34 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
Hi all,

I just got contacted by Retention for Rogers internet. They offer me the following.

Internet -> 500u
Cable -> 130+ Channels
Home Phone -> Local calls only ($5/month extra for international)

Price at $99.99 + tax /monthly for 2 years, no contract, cancel anytime (more like royalty plan).

I am currently paying $65/month for 100u internet. I don't need phone or cable.

1) Is this a good deal, i hear others get the 1 gig u package for same price?
2) Anyway to get just internet for 500u or 1 gig u for around $70/month?

Thanks in advance.
Jun 10, 2015
635 posts
265 upvotes
I used Rogers live chat to see what their "best" deals were to offer my s/o's household with Digital Plus TV, Ignite 100u and Unimited North American LD Home Phone for about $175~ a month. The $60 Ignite 100u promotion was done so now they're packing $92.99 a month for it.

This is what they offered me:

*not retentions*: Select TV + Fairchild, Ignite 150u, Home Phone $195.63 after taxes.
*retentions*: Starter TV + Fairchild, Ignite 150u, Home Phone $156.75 after taxes.
*retentions*: Select TV + Fairchild, Ignite 150u, Home Phone $167.38 after taxes
*retentions*: Popular TV + Fairchild, Ignite 150u, Home Phone $178.68 after taxes.

Ignite 150u is $79.99 when I asked them for the price breakdown for the bundle.. and this is the "best" deal they can offer me lol
Nov 14, 2004
485 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
qphone5 wrote: Hi all,

I just got contacted by Retention for Rogers internet. They offer me the following.

Internet -> 500u
Cable -> 130+ Channels
Home Phone -> Local calls only ($5/month extra for international)

Price at $99.99 + tax /monthly for 2 years, no contract, cancel anytime (more like royalty plan).

I am currently paying $65/month for 100u internet. I don't need phone or cable.

1) Is this a good deal, i hear others get the 1 gig u package for same price?
2) Anyway to get just internet for 500u or 1 gig u for around $70/month?

Thanks in advance.
This is a good deal, at least for me!
How do you get contacted? Do you file a cancellation?
Nov 13, 2008
276 posts
78 upvotes
toronto
just ask for my package to be cancelled, waited 20 minutes for cancellation group.... and this is what they offered Gigabit, Popular TV for $183+ tax!!!!! WOW

effectively future dated cancelled

told them Bell was canvasing my neighborhood for $99 and nothing...

should i be calling the same number back or one of the ones posted up top? I hate this dance...
Banned
Dec 2, 2009
255 posts
75 upvotes
Terrace
amitabh9 wrote: just ask for my package to be cancelled, waited 20 minutes for cancellation group.... and this is what they offered Gigabit, Popular TV for $183+ tax!!!!! WOW

effectively future dated cancelled

told them Bell was canvasing my neighborhood for $99 and nothing...

should i be calling the same number back or one of the ones posted up top? I hate this dance...
So why don't you just switch to Bell then? They know based on your postal code whether your neighbourhood is new or not, so they know what deals Bell is offering.
Nov 13, 2008
276 posts
78 upvotes
toronto
so i got $104+tax for gigabit and popular for 12 months... no contract... signed up - they called me back
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1805 posts
1148 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Called 1-888-764-3771 and went through the prompts to cancel... spoke with a rep in Toronto.

I'm only paying for 100u with Rogers (67.49+tax/mth) and cable TV is provided to me by my building.
The rep said there were no offers in my account at the moment since the 100u discounts I'm getting are expiring in February 2018. When asked about financial penalties if I move to a different Internet plan, she said there would be some ($10/mth penalty).... which I found a little odd because all the Facebook Messenger and LiveChat agents I got told me there would be no financial penalty.

I also brought up the fact that Bell is installing fibre optic in my condo building, but she said Rogers can only match if I know which speeds/plan I'd want if I switched over to Bell.

All in all, a fruitless phone conversation. She told me to call back in January/February 2018 since that's when promotions will be targeted to my account.

I might try LiveChat or Facebook again... the best they could give me was $65/mth for 150u for 12 months the last time I asked.
Sep 29, 2008
947 posts
194 upvotes
Mississauga
Talked to rogers live chat. They offered 150u for 75 lol. Does Bell have better deals? I might just switch.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3284 posts
1635 upvotes
Mississauga
motime wrote: Talked to rogers live chat. They offered 150u for 75 lol. Does Bell have better deals? I might just switch.
That's super cold. You can get Ignite Gigabit for the same price.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5230 posts
2738 upvotes
Northside
motime wrote: Talked to rogers live chat. They offered 150u for 75 lol. Does Bell have better deals? I might just switch.
try again. Talk to them on Facebook chat.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5230 posts
2738 upvotes
Northside
diav wrote: Called 1-888-764-3771 and went through the prompts to cancel... spoke with a rep in Toronto.

I'm only paying for 100u with Rogers (67.49+tax/mth) and cable TV is provided to me by my building.
The rep said there were no offers in my account at the moment since the 100u discounts I'm getting are expiring in February 2018. When asked about financial penalties if I move to a different Internet plan, she said there would be some ($10/mth penalty).... which I found a little odd because all the Facebook Messenger and LiveChat agents I got told me there would be no financial penalty.

I also brought up the fact that Bell is installing fibre optic in my condo building, but she said Rogers can only match if I know which speeds/plan I'd want if I switched over to Bell.

All in all, a fruitless phone conversation. She told me to call back in January/February 2018 since that's when promotions will be targeted to my account.

I might try LiveChat or Facebook again... the best they could give me was $65/mth for 150u for 12 months the last time I asked.
Yes, definitely try on facebook and then try calling retentions again. Don't tell them "Bell is installting fibre optic", just say "Bell has installed fibre optic" and they've come knocking on my door for new customer deals.
Oct 6, 2012
33 posts
16 upvotes
Is 120 plus tax good for 1 gig internet, popular cable, and home phone ? That seems the best retention can do for me in the GTA.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5230 posts
2738 upvotes
Northside
donbb7 wrote: Is 120 plus tax good for 1 gig internet, popular cable, and home phone ? That seems the best retention can do for me in the GTA.
pretty good. Does it include any additional boxes? What kind of home phone package?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3824 posts
2492 upvotes
Toronto
donbb7 wrote: Is 120 plus tax good for 1 gig internet, popular cable, and home phone ? That seems the best retention can do for me in the GTA.
its not the worst but you can get them to throw in a free pvr.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1145 posts
601 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I had Bell knocking on my door today saying they have fiber installed on my street and offered me $60 / 300mbps internet. Also said they would give me a great deal on TV and Phone package as well. Didn't get the price for the TV / home phone package though as I was busy.

Figured I'd see what Rogers can offer me as I have everything with them right now. Here is my plan.. what do you guys think I should negotiate?

Internet Ignite 250u - $74.99 ( 84.74 )
TV Digital Plus, nextbox HD rental, Nextbox 3.0 rental (waived), fairchild 2, deigital services fee - $66.49 (75.13)
Home Phone - $24.99 ( 28.23)

What's a good negotiation? I see some of you guys are able to get under $150 / month. I also have a wireless # within the account as well for the $40 / 4GB plan offered last year. Paying around $235 monthly in total.

On live chat with retentions and it turns out I am on a 2 year promotional plan and I'd have to pay $130 if I were to change plans / cancel with Rogers. Makes me want to port away from Rogers even more now. With new Bell plan, I'd prob save $130 within the first half a year.
Oct 6, 2012
33 posts
16 upvotes
I think its just the basic home phone. I only got the main hd pvr for free in the offer because I didnt need more. I also called bell to see what they can do and I was offered the 300u fibe, with the good tv package, and home phone for 115 plus tax. Still decideing on who to go with.

Thread Information

There are currently 23 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 22 guests)

Mayche