Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Apr 3, 2019
18 posts
5 upvotes
VarunG611 wrote: I got offered a new package for porting from Bell to Rogers. $99.99 for gigabit internet + select package ignite tv + home phone (+ free crave tv subscription for 12 months)

Free crave tv sealed it for me. :)

Problem is "select" has no channels. Its their entry level package. To be close to equal with bell they would have to offer popular tv package.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1221 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
Curious is Rogers is offering any sort of "decent" discounts on the Ignite TV service now? Several months back when I spoke with a rather helpful rep she said they didn't have any discounts for Ignite TV and I think I was quoted $250+tax/month for that. I have the 1Gbit and Premier + HBO/Crave and I pay $145/mo. My mom and her boyfriend who drop in from time to time are bugging me about it as they have it at his place so now they expect me to get it here.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4960 posts
6861 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone cancelled internet but kept cable, then after 3 months with another internet provider have you been able to get "new customer" pricing on internet ?
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
angel_wing0 wrote: Just got this deal, debating. Currently paying $35 for 150u...it is tempting though, $10 more for double the speed.

Though tbh i would probably just request to stay at the same deal.
I ended up going to cancellation and they were able to offer me the same deal that I am currently on for another year...so i took that instead. They werent able to find any good 500u or better plans for me. Sucks, but there are worse things than paying $40 per month for internet (no TPIP for me).
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
Bit of a shitshow with Rogers. Though I probably won't even use their live-chat ever again.

Am currently paying $70+tax for Gigabit, but came across a rep a week ago that offered $45 for Gigabit (Offer now not available). Tried to match it with Rogers retentions but was no-go, so I set a cancellation request 2 weeks ago for April 12.
Received win-back pop-up on the browser, but called in and they offered $85+tax, which was even more than existing plan, so I hung up.

Tried to live-chat on Apr 9 to see if any deals would show up on my account. The first agent offered me the $45 deal but disconnected before changes were finalized. The second agent came in, and when I asked to look for the previous offer... he proceeded to change my password instead? He then closed my account and told me that it was already closed, and if I wanted it to be reinstated, it would be $101+tax. Basically blackmailing me. Told him to revert my account but he said it was closed and there's nothing he can do.

Called in afterward (no internet at home), and the rep just said that someone closed my account and tried to reinstate it at a different price. They didn't acknowledge my previous offer of $45 gigabit but was able to revert account to original $70 gigabit. They also messed up my billing and double charged me after reverting everything. Didn't notice it till after the call ended.

Back to square one, but gonna file a complaint to CCTS with the transcripts to see if I can get the $45 gigabit offer and fixing my billing. Huge pain in the ass.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Expliciate wrote: Bit of a shitshow with Rogers. Though I probably won't even use their live-chat ever again.

Am currently paying $70+tax for Gigabit, but came across a rep a week ago that offered $45 for Gigabit (Offer now not available). Tried to match it with Rogers retentions but was no-go, so I set a cancellation request 2 weeks ago for April 12.
Received win-back pop-up on the browser, but called in and they offered $85+tax, which was even more than existing plan, so I hung up.

Tried to live-chat on Apr 9 to see if any deals would show up on my account. The first agent offered me the $45 deal but disconnected before changes were finalized. The second agent came in, and when I asked to look for the previous offer... he proceeded to change my password instead? He then closed my account and told me that it was already closed, and if I wanted it to be reinstated, it would be $101+tax. Basically blackmailing me. Told him to revert my account but he said it was closed and there's nothing he can do.

Called in afterward (no internet at home), and the rep just said that someone closed my account and tried to reinstate it at a different price. They didn't acknowledge my previous offer of $45 gigabit but was able to revert account to original $70 gigabit. They also messed up my billing and double charged me after reverting everything. Didn't notice it till after the call ended.

Back to square one, but gonna file a complaint to CCTS with the transcripts to see if I can get the $45 gigabit offer and fixing my billing. Huge pain in the ass.
Before you take file a complaint with CCTS I would suggest escalating this to office of the President. Rather than have Rogers fined $120 by CCTS before they take on the complaint you’re better off having the $120 applied to your account as a goodwill credit in addition to any others credits and adjustments you’ll receive. Based on everything shared above I can see $250-$350 total goodwill credits applied by office of the President when all is said and done.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
100Pacer wrote: Before you take file a complaint with CCTS I would suggest escalating this to office of the President. Rather than have Rogers fined $120 by CCTS before they take on the complaint you’re better off having the $120 applied to your account as a goodwill credit in addition to any others credits and adjustments you’ll receive. Based on everything shared above I can see $250-$350 total goodwill credits applied by office of the President when all is said and done.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Expliciate wrote: Bit of a shitshow with Rogers. Though I probably won't even use their live-chat ever again.

S/N OFF-topic: Perfect example here. MEHHH... typical shit show at robbers. Did you call Mgt Office?? I would try them first before doing anything else. In fact I found out today from OOTP - a surprise call - that they keep track of the number of calls you make and the cost per call to your account. They claim an average call to robbers cost $9/call and if the total number per year exceeds the net profit (including any credits given per year) they earn from said account they call it a "deficit account" and a business risk. WTF... You get into hot mess calls with robbers and they ding you for calling back X number of times to solve THEIR mistake becuz they couldnt make it right the first time. Niccce.

Sooner or later if robbers wants to control their profit margin and reduce call center costs they need to OUTSOURCE. They cant continue paying assinine reps $40-$47k/annum and then blame the cost of calls to clients for the "made in canada" speel. Bhell done away with cdn call centers a dozen years ago and paying 1/5th the cost. Sure it's a hot mess with the manila call center but they like cost savings over client satisfaction. Why change what works... or doesnt. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
aznnorth wrote: S/N OFF-topic: Perfect example here. MEHHH... typical shit show at robbers. Did you call Mgt Office?? I would try them first before doing anything else. In fact I found out today from OOTP - a surprise call - that they keep track of the number of calls you make and the cost per call to your account. They claim an average call to robbers cost $9/call and if the total number per year exceeds the net profit (including any credits given per year) they earn from said account they call it a "deficit account" and a business risk. WTF... You get into hot mess calls with robbers and they ding you for calling back X number of times to solve THEIR mistake becuz they couldnt make it right the first time. Niccce.

Sooner or later if robbers wants to control their profit margin and reduce call center costs they need to OUTSOURCE. They cant continue paying assinine reps $40-$47k/annum and then blame the cost of calls to clients for the "made in canada" speel. Bhell done away with cdn call centers a dozen years ago and paying 1/5th the cost. Sure it's a hot mess with the manila call center but they like cost savings over client satisfaction. Why change what works... or doesnt. *welp*
When the advisor from office of the President phoned you and advised your account has been flagged were you given a warning and/or further instructions? There are several Rogers advisors who monitor this thread so don't divulge too much but I'm just curious if any specific statement was made to you.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
100Pacer wrote: There are several Rogers advisors who monitor this thread so don't divulge too much but I'm just curious if any specific statement was made to you.
So then... why wud I mention it here? Self-defeating statement. lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
aznnorth wrote: So then... why wud I mention it here? lol.
If you were told your account has been flagged and your calls will be monitored or if you received a warning about the amount of times you phone and were told further calls would be cause for termination or if your account has been placed in the care of a specific advisor for example. None of it is identifiable to you specifically but all of it can be addressed depending on what you were told.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
100Pacer wrote: If you were told your account has been flagged and your calls will be monitored or if you received a warning about the amount of times you phone and were told further calls would be cause for termination or if your account has been placed in the care of a specific advisor for example. None of it is identifiable to you specifically but all of it can be addressed depending on what you were told.
PM sent.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3945 posts
2932 upvotes
Markham
100Pacer wrote: If you were told your account has been flagged and your calls will be monitored or if you received a warning about the amount of times you phone and were told further calls would be cause for termination or if your account has been placed in the care of a specific advisor for example. None of it is identifiable to you specifically but all of it can be addressed depending on what you were told.
confused here. So if you call them too many times to ask for a better deal, they will terminate your account ? If that is true and happens to me, I will terminate them before they terminate me...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
savemoresaveoften wrote: confused here. So if you call them too many times to ask for a better deal, they will terminate your account ? If that is true and happens to me, I will terminate them before they terminate me...
If you're calling them 50 times about the same issue you'll be warned. If you're calling them to negotiate over several calls it's not a concern.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
Great news, OOTP called me back within 24hrs after I submitted the complaint.
Fixed my billing balance issue and matched the previous offer I was initially received before the whole fiasco.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Expliciate wrote: Great news, OOTP called me back within 24hrs after I submitted the complaint.
Fixed my billing balance issue and matched the previous offer I was initially received before the whole fiasco.
Hopefully solid credits too.
Mar 25, 2008
238 posts
244 upvotes
Kitchener
on another forum someone mentioned great deals on ignite tv and internet, but only available in store, not over phone or chat? anyone have details on this?
Apr 3, 2019
18 posts
5 upvotes
I'd be interested to hear as well. Rogers has always done me right. I have a good plan...but I would like to see what there is for ignite tv
May 19, 2016
37 posts
34 upvotes
I currently have the 500u+Popular+HBO/Crave for $86 taxes in. I called and spoke to retention, but the best they offered me was $135 taxes in to keep the same services. I asked for a lower tiered package such as 150u + Starter + HBO and they said there weren't any promotions on that package (quite bizarre!). So, I went ahead and asked for cancellation at the end of April (that's when my promotions are expiring). It's been 3 business days and I still haven't received any "winback" email as of yet. No popup in "my rogers" account as well. I think I am going to have to follow through with my threat and move to Bell + ALT TV + Crave for $78 + tax. Before I do, I wonder:

Has anybody had any success by just calling the winback number without receiving the email from them AFTER they've put in a cancellation date?

What are my options here? Has anybody tried something different?

(I am just trying to give Rogers that one last chance before I bid adieu. I've been with them for 20+ years, hence, asking!)
Mar 17, 2019
5 posts
I'm going through this now. My promo ended and they offer 150u internet + popular tv + home phone for $169.47.... Bell offered a similar package for $120. I don't want the hassle of swtiching over, so I'll try once again with rogers to see if they can get close.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)