Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
Oogarr wrote: Careful what you ask for...the Hitron white modem has had a firmware bug since June/July on software version 7.1.1.32 where the modem gets to a point of dropping a packet once every two minutes, killing all data sensitive applications like Zoom, Discord, getting kicked out of games, etc. Rebooting the modem will resolve the issue for some amount of time, but it always crept back up.

It's been a huge PITA and I had to get escalated to the Office of the President to ask them to push down the next version of their firmware 7.1.1.33 in order to try and resolve the problem. Seems "okay" so far but I hear more and more problems from customers and friends alike on this modem.
Interesting.
Your post just reminded me that this issue hasn't happened to me in a couple months. Previously I was experiencing the same thing. Made playing games, using zoom, and remote desktop absolutely terrible to use. Had to constantly reboot to fix it.

Just had a look at my router config page and it's running 7.1.1.33. Looks like I must've been on the earlier version and they pushed out the latest firmware a couple months back.
Dec 18, 2007
598 posts
988 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What the number you guy call so many Rogers number
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
Oogarr wrote: Careful what you ask for...the Hitron white modem has had a firmware bug since June/July on software version 7.1.1.32 where the modem gets to a point of dropping a packet once every two minutes, killing all data sensitive applications like Zoom, Discord, getting kicked out of games, etc. Rebooting the modem will resolve the issue for some amount of time, but it always crept back up.

It's been a huge PITA and I had to get escalated to the Office of the President to ask them to push down the next version of their firmware 7.1.1.33 in order to try and resolve the problem. Seems "okay" so far but I hear more and more problems from customers and friends alike on this modem.
We had an online meeting with neighbours last night. Those of us on Rogers have had internet drop problems in the last few weeks. Those on Bell have no issues. It's getting frustrating.
Aug 4, 2010
645 posts
135 upvotes
sergiogarciaftw wrote: Nope, they didn't say that at the time of requesting the cancellation. Might try wingback tomorrow, otherwise to Bell I go.
Post with an update once you try.
Apr 16, 2017
428 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Interesting.
Your post just reminded me that this issue hasn't happened to me in a couple months. Previously I was experiencing the same thing. Made playing games, using zoom, and remote desktop absolutely terrible to use. Had to constantly reboot to fix it.

Just had a look at my router config page and it's running 7.1.1.33. Looks like I must've been on the earlier version and they pushed out the latest firmware a couple months back.
Yeah right around the time I heard about what was going on (early-October) was when they said they were going to start rolling it out to customers in mid-October. Glad to hear you got it!
Apr 23, 2019
8 posts
8 upvotes
While they wouldn't budge on the $53/month pricing, I was able to knock my current Ignite Gigabit plan down from $85/month to $65/month for 12 months through their Facebook chat.
May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
just finished with ignite chat, best they can do is $20 off their standard pricing........no thanks.
Dec 18, 2009
103 posts
49 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. You're a lifesaver. I was denied any discounts in the summer.

Rogers Chat hooked me up with $60.00 discount for 12 months. Not too shabby.

I am NOT in GTA by the way.
Sep 9, 2008
549 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
I'm with Bell for 60$ gigabit but runs out soon, lets hope they can match rogers and extend the promo
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3289 posts
1606 upvotes
Toronto
Chat wasn't working so called in. Got CSR in Moncton who didn't even bother to give me a number. I have internet and Alt TV from Bell for $99/month but CSR didn't ask what speed I have with Bell. He stated the lowest he could give me internet and rental boxes and TV is $140. M1B area.
RFD OG 20+ years
Jan 15, 2008
175 posts
55 upvotes
Waterloo
Thx OP! Just got off the phone with Rogers retentions and got my 500U down to $48.50 from $82Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Koodo 30GB UL T&T @$29
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1858 posts
2304 upvotes
I am on white CODA router. Is their a better Rogers router out there?
Vacationing
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1858 posts
2304 upvotes
I am on $48.58 (taxes included) Gigabit and was offered $54.23 (taxes included) today. Same white CODA router. Mississauga.
Vacationing
Oct 2, 2006
93 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga
I am looking for basic cable and internet. I'm in the L5W region. I cancelled with Rogers before and was hoping they could offer me something competitive here. basic cable + tsn would be appreciative. Internet speed doesn't matter.
Nov 15, 2004
142 posts
26 upvotes
JoJoC93704 wrote: Don’t believe any giftcard offer, it never arrives
File a complaint with the CRTC. That is what I did.
Jun 10, 2016
641 posts
585 upvotes
Whitby
I have been a Rogers customer for years. my promo ended and I signed up with Bell. $59.95 for 500MB Fibe with $100 giftcard from a local rep. she put me on some friends and family thing for the gc. I was also offered $53 for 1GB from Rogers just 2 days before my Rogers cancellation. few bucks more with Bell but the difference is DAY and NIGHT. constant 500MB up and down that was never the case with Rogers. I can get great signals in my front yard, back yard, garage and almost everywhere in the house.

if you guys have Fibe coming to your home and ok with a few more bucks, go with it and you'll not regret.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
both bell and rogers, their wifi stinks. My room is above the source, i mean directly above and still the internet drops for gaming. Every time someone cooks food in the mocrowave and bam, internet drops lol. 5g wifi isn't as bad as 2g when it comes to microwave interference but still 5g is a weaker signal. It sucks theres nothing inbetween these two. Honestly, using your cellular data is better for online gaming.
May 22, 2016
812 posts
1043 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: both bell and rogers, their wifi stinks. My room is above the source, i mean directly above and still the internet drops for gaming. Every time someone cooks food in the mocrowave and bam, internet drops lol. 5g wifi isn't as bad as 2g when it comes to microwave interference but still 5g is a weaker signal. It sucks theres nothing inbetween these two. Honestly, using your cellular data is better for online gaming.
You can fix that by getting a proper router and if need be setting up a good WiFi mesh system
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1718 posts
285 upvotes
Brampton
Just read through all the comments and it just absolutely enrages me how wildly different the pricing is from person to person with Rogers. And you can only get decent pricing if you call in and ask or complain. I feel like whenever someone calls in, they have a big wheel with random prices on it and they spin it. Wherever it lands is the price to get for the next 12 months.

And when you ask why you can’t get the same price as someone who lives 10 minutes away from you, the answer is because where you live... as if that makes any difference with the service they’re offering 🤬🤬🤬

Just shitty business practices.
adamm

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)