Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Apr 8, 2018
76 posts
7 upvotes
Nightowl2121 wrote: I canceled my Internet few days ago but nobody called or emailed me. The reason could be the TV package that I have with my condo that is included for free.
Would that be ok if I call their winback number ? Has anyone got any better deals on 500 or 150 by just simply calling them? Does bell have any comparable promo these days?

did you get any confirmation email regarding your cancellation?
i called to cancel my internet, but i did not get any cancellation email, and i didn't get any call back, so i called the Winback after a week, got transferred to the "relation" department, the rep offered some bad deals, i didn't take it, but i received email regarding "activation/cancellation" about what she offered.(i didn't pay much attention to those emails)

i got a call back the next day, the first offer was $50 for 500u, i told her i want the $29.99 500u deal, she put me on hold for a min, then told me $29.99 for 12 months, then back to regular price after.

so i'm not sure if the cancellation email triggered the call back or i was just on the queue for them to call back.
Banned
Aug 27, 2017
142 posts
60 upvotes
RobinHou wrote: I'll go with Bell Pure Fibe for $10 more.
Much faster upload, much lower latency, super stable and consistent, and the ongoing $100 discount is good as well.
I have been on it for a year and I'm happy. Look at my speedtest:
fake or inaccurate. You're not going to get 999 over Ethernet due to overhead unless you plugged in the module to your switch
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
tawpkek wrote: fake or inaccurate. You're not going to get 999 over Ethernet due to overhead unless you plugged in the module to your switch
Holy $!@#&
Aug 26, 2012
97 posts
119 upvotes
Nepean
I cancelled tv plan for my parents. Did not receive an email or phone call but called winback (used account number as reference number) and was offered a one year deal of Premier TV/TMN for 69.99 plus Ignite 60 for 19.99. This includes a Nextbox 3.0. They are paying a horrible amount to bell for internet, so we cancelled bell and took the offer. This is an Ottawa suburb.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2580 posts
1068 upvotes
Mississauga
crocp8 wrote: I am on the $99 1GB/VIP TV package from 2 years ago..promo expires Sept 3rd.

I just spoke to chat and asked if they could extend....they said not, but offered me this..

$103 ($3 more than currently paying)..

1GB internet
Premier TV
All rentals included
24 month savings guarntee

I took it....

Good deal i assume?
My $99 1GB/VIP TV expires Sept 7th. I'm going to call in to try to get this deal.

Can someone confirm what is the difference between the old VIP and the new Premier TV?
Jul 13, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
First post here.

Internet contract is up with Rogers in August. I tried calling Bell to see what they would offer. Same slow speed, Fibe 100 for $100, then down to $75 then down to $65 for 12 months. Their fastest speed to my house is only the 100 Mbps.
That's what I pay now for the same speed. Compared to some of the deals I've read on these forums it looks like I'm getting screwed.

Trying to connect to Rogers chat right now because I can't wait an hour on the phone for them. Chat won't begin. Internet is too slow here! Grrr....
Jul 13, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
Best Rogers can do is $82.48 after taxes for 500Mbps. Proceed with cancellation! lol
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
3940 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto
KenB28 wrote: Best Rogers can do is $82.48 after taxes for 500Mbps. Proceed with cancellation! lol
I got 500mbps, phone with all service and cable select for 80. They were offering me 160 for the same thing..almost half price when they try to win me back.
Jan 25, 2015
395 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bubuski wrote: My $99 1GB/VIP TV expires Sept 7th. I'm going to call in to try to get this deal.

Can someone confirm what is the difference between the old VIP and the new Premier TV?
VIP + HD Specialty pack had way more channels than Premier TV.
TLN, HIFI, LeafsTV are just a bunch I can think off the top of my head that I regularly watched that I can no longer have since forced to switch over to Premier.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1396 posts
303 upvotes
crocp8 wrote: I am on the $99 1GB/VIP TV package from 2 years ago..promo expires Sept 3rd.

I just spoke to chat and asked if they could extend....they said not, but offered me this..

$103 ($3 more than currently paying)..

1GB internet
Premier TV
All rentals included
24 month savings guarntee

I took it....

Good deal i assume?
Did you call retentions for this? I think mine expires soon too trying to get locked in.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2004
3099 posts
462 upvotes
North Etobicoke
LoonieDeals wrote: VIP + HD Specialty pack had way more channels than Premier TV.
TLN, HIFI, LeafsTV are just a bunch I can think off the top of my head that I regularly watched that I can no longer have since forced to switch over to Premier.
Yep, they screwed us well will that one.
Jul 13, 2018
24 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
Ceryx wrote: I got 500mbps, phone with all service and cable select for 80. They were offering me 160 for the same thing..almost half price when they try to win me back.
Can I ask when you got this offer? Just in case they call me back. I'm not counting on it though, and I'm fully prepared to switch. I also have 3 cell phones and 3 tablet plans with them, so they see enough of my money!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8301 posts
1869 upvotes
Ontario
LoonieDeals wrote: VIP + HD Specialty pack had way more channels than Premier TV.
It depends on what you watch I suppose. I didn’t miss anything channel wise.

FYI, with Premier you can add one channel from the list, of which I know I saw TLN (and perhaps the others you mentioned). Can only have 1 at a time, but TLN was the only channel I watched, and I added that as part of Premier’s “add one channel”
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
3940 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto
KenB28 wrote: Can I ask when you got this offer? Just in case they call me back. I'm not counting on it though, and I'm fully prepared to switch. I also have 3 cell phones and 3 tablet plans with them, so they see enough of my money!
Just yesterday.

I canceled on Wednesday and got a winback email on Thursday.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

george72