Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 31, 2021
4 posts
Looking to switch from bell to rogers as bell's prices are too much. Was paying $70 for 1000mbps but now they want to charge $120. Looking for 500mbps. Postal code L8B.

PM me for any deals, thank you!
Mar 24, 2004
533 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
I currently have 300u Rogers internet and Shawdirect for TV. Looking for a bundle deal for Rogers 500u of 1GB plus TV (2-3 receivers) L7A postal code.

Please PM for any deals. Thank you!
Dec 15, 2012
29 posts
32 upvotes
North York
Moving into a condo, postal code M2N 7L1. I'll be a first time Rogers customer, looking for any new customer offers. Not really sure what the best deals are right now, but I'm hoping better than the advertised rates online.

Please PM me if anyone has any deals! Thank you :)

Edit: A friendly Rogers rep got in touch with me! 1gbps/$70 ended up being the deal I went with. Better than what a direct conversation with Rogers could offer (1gbps/$85)
Last edited by LiamLP on Feb 15th, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1323 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
Attn: Rogers reps

Existing longtime customer with promos expiring in March.

Looking for 500mbps-Gigabit Internet and TV.
Please PM with any current offers. (M4J) postal code.

Thanks!
Nov 19, 2017
23 posts
6 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get a rep to contact them for deals?
Im trying to in touch but not been successful
Jul 4, 2006
167 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga
Any reps can help? Looking for 500u or gigabit internet only for this month (L5L)

Please DM with current offers
Dec 21, 2010
603 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Modem question:

What are the new modems called that ppl are asking for? What is the benefit (over white tower one)? Does the new modem support all speeds or only certain types?

Any replies welcomed
Jul 24, 2012
96 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
Currently paying $105.99 + tax for ignite popular, 500mbps internet and home phone (discounts expiring end of the month). They want $140.99 + tax. Put in a cancellation request in 2 weeks. Will call ambassador team in a few days. 40+ years rogers customer
Last edited by hockey9898 on Feb 15th, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 14, 2021
2 posts
Rogers Reps:

Long time Rogers customer with current promo expiring in March.

Currently have Ignite Internet 1Gbps + Ignite TV Flex 5

Please PM with any offers in the Ottawa area. I need to keep the 1Gbps Internet but flexible with the Ignite TV package depending on the offer.

Thanks
Feb 9, 2005
934 posts
242 upvotes
My current promo bundle expired and with pandemic life distractions, I didn't re-negotiate in time so hit with at least one month at regular price. Funny enough, I get this in my email and when I contacted Rogers, they said it was for new customers only. I have no idea how their promo team sends out deals that are not applicable to their recipients..

Anyways, I'm looking to renew but I hope this will help someone.
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 12.27.42 AM.png
Nov 11, 2009
498 posts
7 upvotes
Promotion ending March 13, 2021. and had to chat with 5-6 agent, wait a week before the promotion ended on March 18, 2020 before talking to a Rogers Rep through Chat who was able to give me the price of 52.99 + taxes. I asked the agent how he was able to offer the price and despite speaking to numerous people before him on the same day. He indicated he was a little higher in rank above other agents, so he was able to authorize it.... our internet offer is about to expire soon and want to keep the same rate. Our internet package isn't the greatest since it's old, but for the price I cannot complain...

75u
52.99 before taxes.

Please PM if available.

Thanks!
Ryerson Urban and Regional Planning Graduate/Working Professional 2014 - PM me if you have questions about the program/career and I'll try my best to help you out :)
Mar 25, 2018
12 posts
Hey Rogers Reps,

Long time customer with 500u promo ending in March.
Postal code (M2H), please PM me with any offers you got.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1304 posts
960 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
vistaliving wrote: My current promo bundle expired and with pandemic life distractions, I didn't re-negotiate in time so hit with at least one month at regular price. Funny enough, I get this in my email and when I contacted Rogers, they said it was for new customers only. I have no idea how their promo team sends out deals that are not applicable to their recipients..

Anyways, I'm looking to renew but I hope this will help someone.

This is not targetted , it's advertised on Facebook etc and is on their website

https://www.rogers.com/promotions/bundl ... NgWR_w_wcB
Jul 6, 2005
397 posts
191 upvotes
Rogers just switches me from legacy Ignite to the new Ignite telling me how much faster my internet will be.
Just wondering is it normal for the speed test to max out at 250 MB? had the tech out and they told me the speed test (ookla and multiple local Rogers offices) is broken but that I am actually getting full speed.
Speed test to Rogers Ajax looks good at 890Mb but none of the other rogers locations get over 250 Mb\s

Something sounds fishy but not sure how to prove it
Any thoughts
Jul 24, 2005
409 posts
693 upvotes
GTA
Xpdite wrote: Rogers just switches me from legacy Ignite to the new Ignite telling me how much faster my internet will be.
Just wondering is it normal for the speed test to max out at 250 MB? had the tech out and they told me the speed test (ookla and multiple local Rogers offices) is broken but that I am actually getting full speed.
Speed test to Rogers Ajax looks good at 890Mb but none of the other rogers locations get over 250 Mb\s

Something sounds fishy but not sure how to prove it
Any thoughts
The real test is downloading a large file from a reputable provider like apple, Microsoft, google etc... That's your true speed test.
Dec 7, 2012
11 posts
6 upvotes
Concord
Hello,

We're currently located in the L4C area and have been using the 1-year free bundle of Internet+TV+Phone that came with the builder's promotion. It will be expiring soon and we're looking to retain Internet only (as we realized we don't really use Phone or TV anymore).

Please PM me, we would love to work out a deal.

Thank you.
Jul 6, 2005
397 posts
191 upvotes
Windows 10 download from Microsoft. 5.1 gigs 32 minutes
Jul 6, 2005
397 posts
191 upvotes
vistaliving wrote: The advertised deal is better than my emailed deal. Either way, not eligible as I'm not a new customer.
Security Update 2021-002 (Mojave) downloaded from Apple 1.6 gigs 15 minutes
Windows 10 from Microsoft 5.1 gigs 32 minutes
Debian Linux 3.7 gigs 3 hours (did not finish it)
Feb 10, 2020
16 posts
8 upvotes
Hi there,

Looking for a rep.

Currently a customer with 500u and my promo ended a few days ago.
My postal code is M5G, open to any offers.

Thanks!

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

kurono