Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

May 28, 2013
148 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
i am currently on the $99 gigabit + popular TV that is ending

What's the best deal rogers is currently offering for gigabit (or 500u) + popular TV? Previous discussions in the forum seem to suggest $85.

I am willing to reduce to 500u if it saves me a few dollars. I had a technician out last week and they can't seem to get my internet to exceed 500-550 even though I use to get 800+.

For those who have received a deal similar to what i mentioned above, was it through mgt office or ootp?
Aug 12, 2012
136 posts
37 upvotes
London, ON
Just put a cancellation in for end of month on my 500u + Premier. Was paying $118.63 taxes in, rep on phone could only offer same for $107 for 1 year. Decided to go with Bell Fibe + ALT TV for 1 year $73 all in.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18002 posts
4555 upvotes
Toronto
Myyykkee wrote: I just signed up with a Rogers rep.

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Crave TV, HBO and TMN free for 12 months
Basic Home Phone

No contract, no installaton fee and $100 credit

$101.69 (taxes in) for the first 12 months
$112.99 (taxes in) for the next 12 months
Where/Who?

I'm a new customer too.
Oct 14, 2012
15 posts
1 upvote
Richmond Hill
Myyykkee wrote: I just signed up with a Rogers rep.

Ignite Gigabit
Popular TV w/ PVR
Crave TV, HBO and TMN free for 12 months
Basic Home Phone

No contract, no installaton fee and $100 credit

$101.69 (taxes in) for the first 12 months
$112.99 (taxes in) for the next 12 months
I'd also like more info on this deal, new customer.
Nov 6, 2004
520 posts
So, today I decided to call Rogers and cancel all of my services. I have not used their phone in years, I set up OOMA years ago, was perfect. So never bothered with their phones (had it in a package before, but never actually used it).

I had called not because I necessarily wanted better services (I.E. Rogers IGNITE) but just because it annoyed me that I was paying too much.

So I had the following:

Rogers Ignite 500U
Rogers Popular TV w/ 2HD Channels + HD PVR + HD Reciever

Was paying $135 taxes in (the HD Receiver was rent to own in that price).

Today, I called Cancellation dept immediately, skipped everyone else, waste of my time.

I did not yell, did not bother even negotiating. Right before the cancellation was confirmed, he offered the same package, exactly as it was, $84+tax. The way he did it was that my internet was now $30. If I wanted a phone, it was $5 more. I can add that at anytime, but not interested in it right now. If I want gigabyte internet, its $5 more.

So, final, $94.92 taxes in, for everything. I could have argued for more, but really, at 84$ (even if I wanted more, +5 for phone, + 5 for gigabyte, it would be $94+tax)... Ill leave it as it is..

Im sure someone has a better deal than me, but I am happy with it.
Nov 6, 2004
520 posts
Oh, just as a funny thing. 15 minutes after I finished. I gave my account # to my friend, who was getting raped $160 for garbage.. He had 60u, 300gb cap, popular tv with 2 italian stations, was paying $160 a month.

He used my acc #, they honored my deal, and gave it to him. So he got my exact setup, + phone line + 2 italian channels for $125 taxes in.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7997 posts
285 upvotes
juve4lfe wrote: For both the premier tv package and the 500iu internet?i doubt it
ah..my bad. thought it was only 500u.
premier TV & 500 u....$85 + tax can be had.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2663 posts
349 upvotes
Mississauga
sienna owner wrote: ah..my bad. thought it was only 500u.
premier TV & 500 u....$85 + tax can be had.
That is correct. If you want Gigabit, add $10.
Jun 30, 2009
826 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
I currently have 500u at $28/month and it's expiring March 23rd. I just called Rogers to find out if I could renew at that rate and was told that the best they could do was $75/month. Is this true or can I negotiate a better rate through another rep?
Feb 8, 2017
34 posts
19 upvotes
GTA
real1st wrote: So, today I decided to call Rogers and cancel all of my services. I have not used their phone in years, I set up OOMA years ago, was perfect. So never bothered with their phones (had it in a package before, but never actually used it).

I had called not because I necessarily wanted better services (I.E. Rogers IGNITE) but just because it annoyed me that I was paying too much.

So I had the following:

Rogers Ignite 500U

Today, I called Cancellation dept immediately, skipped everyone else, waste of my time.

I did not yell, did not bother even negotiating. Right before the cancellation was confirmed, he offered the same package, exactly as it was, $84+tax. The way he did it was that my internet was now $30. If I wanted a phone, it was $5 more. I can add that at anytime, but not interested in it right now. If I want gigabyte internet, its $5 more.

So, final, $94.92 taxes in, for everything. I could have argued for more, but really, at 84$ (even if I wanted more, +5 for phone, + 5 for gigabyte, it would be $94+tax)... Ill leave it as it is..

WOW, what an awesome deal.

I called yesterday to cancel my package which is expiring soon. Already set up for Bell in a couple of weeks.

What I had with Rogers was VIP, 100u and HP with 8 features (only used call display) and unlimited Canada long distance (never used)
I own the non-pvr nextbox and I'm paying $155ish tax in.

When I called the TV was downgraded to popular, same internet and phone...price of $167ish tax in.

Had they offered me what I have at the same price I would have accepted or had they thrown in a 4K PVR with a couple months free of Crave/Movie channels at $167ish I would have gladly accepted. 20+ years with Rogers.

Had they offered me what you got, I'd be ecstatic. As I'm a senior, moneys tight, oh well LOL

Congrats on the great offer.
Nov 4, 2015
313 posts
75 upvotes
T.O
Anyone know any deals currently for internet for the L4H area? Looking for at least 1gbps
TELUS 25gb/$40
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7997 posts
285 upvotes
Crappymonkey wrote: I currently have 500u at $28/month and it's expiring March 23rd. I just called Rogers to find out if I could renew at that rate and was told that the best they could do was $75/month. Is this true or can I negotiate a better rate through another rep?
cancel
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4286 posts
3426 upvotes
tylerc wrote: Can someone post the winback number?
Jeffrey101 wrote:

I just got this today. Put in my cancellation yesterday
real1st wrote:
So I had the following:

Rogers Ignite 500U

justsomeonehere wrote:
Twenty + years as a Rogers customer and my current 2 years with Rogers is expiring soon, was paying 155ish for VIP, 100u and HP with call display etc. Rogers told me that a renewal would be the popular package, same internet and phone for 165ish.

I have never been in the right place at the right time to get some of the awesome deals some of you guys have received over the years. Such is life I guessSmiling Face With Open Mouth

I appreciate and thank anyone that replies.
I received the same email 1 business day after putting in my cancellation. It's the same phone number (Ottawa office) as was the offer, $95 before tax for popular TV, gigabit & basic HP.
Jan 20, 2013
467 posts
75 upvotes
Woodbridge
taurine wrote: Anyone know any deals currently for internet for the L4H area? Looking for at least 1gbps
The same area, Have 500u, which will end in Feb. Tried to contact. they are "happy" to offer it for $75 +tax :-(
Dec 8, 2006
863 posts
461 upvotes
vnkvnk wrote: The same area, Have 500u, which will end in Feb. Tried to contact. they are "happy" to offer it for $75 +tax :-(
Put in the cancellation. You'll get a save offer once they see the request is actually in.
2x Zoomer Wireless (Rogers): $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

monty1208