Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread!

Jun 19, 2019
21 posts
26 upvotes
felixpau wrote: Did anyone get a call from the rogers retention team with a promotion of 47.99 for gigabit?

I'm scheduled for install this weekend but I feel like something isnt quite right.
Field reps are offering gigabit at $47.99 so it's not an absurd price.
Dec 2, 2012
82 posts
36 upvotes
moseyroses wrote: Field reps are offering gigabit at $47.99 so it's not an absurd price.
Thanks! I was getting worried as I didn't get a confirmation email but as long as its reasonable based on recent pricing, thats good.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1925 posts
251 upvotes
moseyroses wrote: Field reps are offering gigabit at $47.99 so it's not an absurd price.
How do we get that? I'm thinking of dumping TV and just getting gigabit internet. Has anyone downgraded? I always get quoted 70-80+.
Aug 8, 2018
68 posts
19 upvotes
felixpau wrote: Did anyone get a call from the rogers retention team with a promotion of 47.99 for gigabit?

I'm scheduled for install this weekend but I feel like something isnt quite right.
Doesn’t sound wrong too me. The field sales rep I deal with also offered this deal and $32.99 for the 300u speed. You can always call Rogers after doing the order and ask what offer you were put on from the previous rep to confirm what you are getting.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2351 posts
1086 upvotes
ontario
currently with teksavvy and looking to possibly switch to rogers i am on teksavvy 30. looking at 75/150/250 internet only. i am not sure how you guys find a 'field rep' that can get me a deal like the ones mentioned a few pages back. can anyone help?
May 15, 2019
49 posts
15 upvotes
esoxhntr wrote: currently with teksavvy and looking to possibly switch to rogers i am on teksavvy 30. looking at 75/150/250 internet only. i am not sure how you guys find a 'field rep' that can get me a deal like the ones mentioned a few pages back. can anyone help?
You can get 75 mbps for 29.99 and 300 mbps for 32.99 in Rogers.
May 8, 2016
272 posts
198 upvotes
Ontario
I logged into myRogers yesterday, had the promotional offer of $91.99 for Gigabit Unlimited, Ignite Popular & Ignite home phone. When I tried to make the switch their webiste said it was having technical difficulties and gave me the toll free number to call. Long story short, 3 phone reps later no rep had access to the promo and couldn't help. Logged in again this morning - promo is gone. 1.5hrs on chat and all I'm being told is it was a known error they've now fixed and a refusal to honour the pricing. I've escalated my chat and I'm waiting for a response from an Ignite manager but I'm not hopeful that they're going to honour this for me.

Anyone else having issues/been told by Rogers that this was an error?
Jan 24, 2014
1 posts
Mississauga
How do you get this deal, they are only offering me 300mb/s speed for $75
Aug 10, 2009
216 posts
95 upvotes
Nation's Capital
Was anyone able to avail of the 81.99 / month offer for Ignite popular + Gigabit internet + home phone?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10733 posts
2927 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Just got through with the annual dance with retentions and OOP. Ended up with:

Premier ignite TV
unlimited gigabit internet
RHP with 6 features and 1500 US/Canada minutes
$122/month taxes in.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1934 posts
850 upvotes
ON
For those that have put in a cancellation date recently and have received a call from winback/ambassadors, I have a question.
When they put through the cancellation, did you get a final bill a day or so later? I have received a final bill.. even though I have the cancellation date a month out. I wonder if I will not receive the winback call because of this final bill.
Sep 9, 2005
787 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
killuminati wrote: How do we get that? I'm thinking of dumping TV and just getting gigabit internet. Has anyone downgraded? I always get quoted 70-80+.
Over the last couple of years, I've always gone the social media route. I've found them to be pretty reasonable and easy to deal with. It just takes a bit of time with the back and forth but I think that may be why I've had success. Because you send a message then wait for the reply rather than being on the phone or live chat just waiting for their immediate response. I think they are less pressured to come up with something on the spot and, I've found at least, give me better offers than elsewhere. And I've always been billed for exactly what I was promised, never had a billing issue with offers from social media. Even if you did, you have your own transcript for backup.

I just got offered Gigabit for $44.99/month. I ended up with Gigabit, Popular TV and Crave + Movies + HBO for $99+ tax per month. I'm sure someone did better, there's always some who does better :) but I'm quite happy with that and think it's more than reasonable.
Dec 1, 2006
917 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Had $49.99 Popular TV + $49.99 500U deal - Expire Aug 8th
There was a renewal deal on MyRogers, but it dissapeared.

Online Chat rep was only able to offer the same package for $125 plus tax.

Decided to cancel TV and keep 500U for $59.99 starting Aug 8th. - Hoping something better comes up before then.
Aug 12, 2012
136 posts
37 upvotes
London, ON
WRIGHT828 wrote: I logged into myRogers yesterday, had the promotional offer of $91.99 for Gigabit Unlimited, Ignite Popular & Ignite home phone. When I tried to make the switch their webiste said it was having technical difficulties and gave me the toll free number to call. Long story short, 3 phone reps later no rep had access to the promo and couldn't help. Logged in again this morning - promo is gone. 1.5hrs on chat and all I'm being told is it was a known error they've now fixed and a refusal to honour the pricing. I've escalated my chat and I'm waiting for a response from an Ignite manager but I'm not hopeful that they're going to honour this for me.

Anyone else having issues/been told by Rogers that this was an error?
I just logged in and the offer has gone! Guess it was too good to be true.
Dec 18, 2006
107 posts
34 upvotes
Ajax
dmbcanada wrote: I just logged in and the offer has gone! Guess it was too good to be true.
Mine was gone too this morning but I initiated a chat session anyways. Said I'd like to pursue the offer on my account. Didn't tell them it was gone. Rep asked for details and said there was a known glitch with some people getting erroneous offers that couldn't be honored. Asked for a screenshot, which I had kept, and was able to complete my offer.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

injuredcold