Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Jan 4, 2019
55 posts
31 upvotes
golden wrote: ...It's like $5 more than my current rate of $47.99, so I'm tempted to just accept it and not going through cancellation.
It would seem the $5.00 increase has to do perhaps with the January increase of $4.00 + HST.

I would accept the offer - not worth haggling over $5.00 more a month imo!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
SoulSeeker wrote: It would seem the $5.00 increase has to do perhaps with the January increase of $4.00 + HST.

I would accept the offer - not worth haggling over $5.00 more a month imo!
Yes, that's what I decided to do. Canceling, calling back, and haggling may not even yield a different result. I'm too tired of this Rogers BS.
Jan 4, 2019
55 posts
31 upvotes
canadiancynosure wrote: 48 hours and did not receive a callback from Winback - Rogers customers for 17 years *shrugs*
I waited until 2 week to my cancellation date to call Winback. I was offered a decent price for Legacy Premier TV & 500U Internet which i accepted but 3 weeks after phoned & dropped the TV package & was offered a great deal on the ignite gig internet plan with new generation 2 modem. All as an existing customer - didn't have to cancel & go through my roommate as a 'new' customer.

(Roger's customer for a lot longer than 17 years)
Jan 4, 2019
55 posts
31 upvotes
golden wrote: Yes, that's what I decided to do. Canceling, calling back, and haggling may not even yield a different result. I'm too tired of this Rogers BS.
Yes, with all the negotiating/changing of two different plans - i spent hour upon hour on the phone waiting to get through.

Thankfully, the billing department was spot on with their adjustments so no payment required either this month or in February!
Jan 2, 2009
793 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
vintr wrote: Called Winback (the newer number) and they said there's no notes of a call to my account but they can see the cancellation request that on my account. The only problem is they have no offers available... Anybody experience something similar?
Has anybody used the older winback number recently?
Jan 4, 2019
55 posts
31 upvotes
yyz64 wrote: There is no contract right? It's a defined discount for a year but you can cancel anytime.
Yes - cancel anytime - no contracts
Jan 7, 2022
37 posts
102 upvotes
tribe1689 wrote: Can you tell us what number you called, and what city you're located in?
I called the number on this forum page and im located in scarborough
Oct 17, 2013
969 posts
716 upvotes
vintr wrote: Yup, at least a week ago. They can see that it's there but they said that they did not call and there are no offers. Used the new winback number instead of the old if that matters.
Maybe try again... Winback is closed on Sunday I believe so that may have been it.
Jul 13, 2017
13 posts
21 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote: Interesting. I have Popular TV as well but was told that package doesn't exist anymore. They wanted me to switch to Premier or Flex20+Sports
I'm still on legacy cable, so that's probably why.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
I used DJ KayCee (listed in first post) to sign up as a new customer.

DMd him here, got some pricing and he set me up with everyone one evening. Took maybe 30 mins on the phone. (didn't need to provide passport or SIN, drivers license + CC is enough).
Everything was smooth and explained this very clearly.

Got the Rogers tech booked within a weeks time. On site took the tech no more than 30 mins to get everything set up (I already had cable internet with a different provider).

I got 500u internet, already activated my 12 months free Disney+ and also have one of those stream TV boxes sitting (6 year credit apparently to be applied).
Haven't got my first bill yet.

But overall was very happy with the process and service.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
LuvLurkin wrote: I called the number on this forum page and im located in scarborough
Which number was it? I see a few different numbers in this thread. You got a great deal for a new customer.
Sep 4, 2005
61 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
bk2the6ix wrote: I used DJ KayCee (listed in first post) to sign up as a new customer.

DMd him here, got some pricing and he set me up with everyone one evening. Took maybe 30 mins on the phone. (didn't need to provide passport or SIN, drivers license + CC is enough).
Everything was smooth and explained this very clearly.

Got the Rogers tech booked within a weeks time. On site took the tech no more than 30 mins to get everything set up (I already had cable internet with a different provider).

I got 500u internet, already activated my 12 months free Disney+ and also have one of those stream TV boxes sitting (6 year credit apparently to be applied).
Haven't got my first bill yet.

But overall was very happy with the process and service.
I pm'd him and he only does newbies. Looks like those of us with Rogers for a while (30 plus years here) are SOL.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
redflagal wrote: I pm'd him and he only does newbies. Looks like those of us with Rogers for a while (30 plus years here) are SOL.
Existing customers can follow the process I detailed in the thread summary. This is the way. Good luck!

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Aug 2, 2021
44 posts
18 upvotes
London
Not sure if this has happened to anyone before... but the retentions department actually gave me a better offer than the winback department.

Ignite TV Premier + Ignite 500 + Talentvision package ($8) was 122.99+tax from retentions but 127.99+tax from Winback.

Postal Code: L4C
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
GreenBMW wrote: Not sure if this has happened to anyone before... but the retentions department actually gave me a better offer than the winback department.

Ignite TV Premier + Ignite 500 + Talentvision package ($8) was 122.99+tax from retentions but 127.99+tax from Winback.

Postal Code: L4C
It's very rare, but it does happen.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Jan 22, 2021
12 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks for this thread!

Was on a 150u internet promo for $49

It’s about to expire, so followed the steps in this thread and filed a cancellation.

Spoke to winback today and received 500u for $49

Thanks again!
Dec 11, 2008
774 posts
168 upvotes
NL
cassador wrote: Existing customers can follow the process I detailed in the thread summary. This is the way. Good luck!
That's what I did, as an existing customer. Followed the summary page 1 and got $89/month for one year. Flex 20 + Sports, 500Mb Internet and Home phone.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1609 posts
389 upvotes
How long did you wait before you call wingback after you cancelled?
mrobertson56 wrote: Thanks for this thread!

Was on a 150u internet promo for $49

It’s about to expire, so followed the steps in this thread and filed a cancellation.

Spoke to winback today and received 500u for $49

Thanks again!
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Jan 22, 2021
12 posts
10 upvotes
A day but I called them myself. They hadn’t called me yet. Just lie and say you missed a call. They’ll say it doesn’t show up in their system but that didn’t seem to matter.
Jan 2, 2009
793 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
vintr wrote: Called Winback (the newer number) and they said there's no notes of a call to my account but they can see the cancellation request that on my account. The only problem is they have no offers available... Anybody experience something similar?
gamblinman wrote: I hope this is not the case.....what did you end up doing then?
My conclusion is don't call on weekends. Called earlier today and the guy was very straight up from the start to finish lol

"If you've received a call from us it's probably because you cancelled let me see what deals I can pull up"

At the end "As you probably know, you'll have to go through the cancellation process again next year or the price will jump back to $x"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)