Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Dec 4, 2010
21 posts
3 upvotes
brampton
I called into rogers again trying to get my Internet price to 59.99 for the 100u. The lady said if she gave me the internet for that price then my cable bill would increase by $20 because I have a bundle deal.

Can't believe these people sometimes...
Mar 23, 2004
47720 posts
13889 upvotes
Markham
mstrbruce wrote: I called into rogers again trying to get my Internet price to 59.99 for the 100u. The lady said if she gave me the internet for that price then my cable bill would increase by $20 because I have a bundle deal.

The rep is BS'ing you. Call again.
Dec 29, 2005
509 posts
159 upvotes
thanks to this thread I got a good deal from steve. My intentions was to get fairchild tv for my grandma and according to rogers.com I would pay roughly $60 a month. I got the digital lite package with fairchild for $36 a month and $9 off for the first 4 months. Really satisfied with it and I can watch cp24 in the morning. Only downside is that it is good for 1 tv but that is okay because it is basically for the living room for my grandma. I got installation the next day and waived as well
???????? ???????
Jan 4, 2014
567 posts
84 upvotes
mstrbruce wrote: I called into rogers again trying to get my Internet price to 59.99 for the 100u. The lady said if she gave me the internet for that price then my cable bill would increase by $20 because I have a bundle deal.

How dumb do these agents think people are?

Having cable should only be a positive, not increase the price by $20 because of "bundle" BS lol.

Anyway, people in this thread have gotten Ignite 100u for $59 with or without cable, homephone etc. Call that BS Out.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
Just called and they offered $15 off Internet, $20 off Cable and $19.99 home phone with 3 features and free Canada/US long distance calling. So compared to my current retention deal, it's about $10 more. Also note that on Feb 24th Digital VIP and Internet prices are increasing by $3 each, so the retention deal locks the current price, so saved an additional $6 per month. Free HD PVR too.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
For those of you who newly became Rogers customer, did you have to go through a hard credit check to open the Rogers account? I thought a hard credit check is required for post-paid customer?
Mar 26, 2013
88 posts
39 upvotes
cracker777 wrote: Hi there. I have been lurking here for years, and this is my first post. I am looking to switch from Rogers, and I'm trying to get the same deal you did. Can you let me know how you got a hold of "Zara"? I tried online and on the phone with Bell and they can't get close to this price.
Hi, just look on the first page of the Bell Retentions thread. Her email is listed there
Nov 2, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
yardmon001 wrote: Hi, just look on the first page of the Bell Retentions thread. Her email is listed there
Thanks, I found her, and contacted. Cheers!

And a +1 for Zara. Great deals for new customers for the first year!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
513263337 wrote: For those of you who newly became Rogers customer, did you have to go through a hard credit check to open the Rogers account? I thought a hard credit check is required for post-paid customer?
I recently signed my brother-in-law up for home services and was on the line pretending to be him as he was unavailable. The agent mentioned the system running a "soft" credit check, which doesn't impact your credit rating.
Oct 21, 2013
305 posts
161 upvotes
waterloo, on
Is winback still active ? I didn't see anyone mentioning it in latest post, everyone seems to be going through retentions.
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Existing customer. Tried yesterday, but no offer other than 59.99 for the first 3 months. Then I said I would cancel it, the receptionist actually proceeded with it. The cancellation date is in 30 days though...
Jun 13, 2013
168 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
Got my call out of the way and was satisfied with what I got....similar to above; 20$ off Cable and 15$ off Ignite plus the free PVR rental...locked in for 2 years. I 'm happy. All in all, I cut my bill by 25$ from what I was paying with my previous promos.
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
DealsFreak wrote: Is winback still active ? I didn't see anyone mentioning it in latest post, everyone seems to be going through retentions.
I wonder about the same thing. I set up cancellantion in about 30 days. What would be the next step then?
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10942 posts
13443 upvotes
wanchope wrote: I wonder about the same thing. I set up cancellantion in about 30 days. What would be the next step then?
wait
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10942 posts
13443 upvotes
They did for me & others who have put in a future cancellation. See previous posts
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
MrMom wrote: They did for me & others who have put in a future cancellation. See previous posts
Thanks. I'll just wait for a couple of weeks. Worst case scenario, I guess I can still call in to push back the cancellation date....
Mar 17, 2015
17 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
MrMom wrote: They did for me & others who have put in a future cancellation. See previous posts
What kind of plans are available from winback department? Im looking for ignite100
Dec 15, 2012
150 posts
9 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I think I saw somewhere that the winback is gone. I'd be happy with the 60 locked for 2 years contract
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
cracker777 wrote: Thanks, I found her, and contacted. Cheers!

And a +1 for Zara. Great deals for new customers for the first year!
Yea they are really something. I think she only has them for another week though.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

YZFR15