Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
biggerthanboykins wrote: Time to renew my contract, I had a sweet deal for 2 years but my discounts are done.

Here is what my bill looked like no other features are required. We watch Netflix, Youtube, CP24 and Follow the Raptors religiously. Anything else is Fluff.

Monthly Charges
Hybrid Fibre 100 320GB
Advanced Wi-Fi Modem Rental
Total monthly charges$51.99
Total extra usage$0.00
Total before taxes$51.99
HST (815781448) 6.76
Total$58.75

Monthly Charges

Your Plan includes:
-Extended Basic -Extra Outlets -VIP Extra Pack
Digital VIP Cable
2 NextBox HD Terminal Rental
NextBox 3.0 HDPVR -Owned
Total monthly charges$69.98
Total before taxes$69.98
HST (815781448) 9.10
Total$79.08

I also have a second account that I use to manage my rental, it's pretty much the exact same plan.

I know that I used a contractor from here to help in the past, and I know that winback is a great option, but how far can I push the envelope?
Older TV pack? Id push to retention. You could get away with popular tv package and get upgrade to ignite 100 or 250, Price would sit most likely around $115 to $130 before tax.
Lead Generator Rogers Field Sales
Mar 17, 2004
461 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not even sure what you mean by popular tv. I looked it up on their website. Didn't find anything.

I guess I'm stuck on 2 year old terminology.
I love los raptors.
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
biggerthanboykins wrote: I'm not even sure what you mean by popular tv. I looked it up on their website. Didn't find anything.

I guess I'm stuck on 2 year old terminology.
Popular tv package is the name of one of the new packages that would cover your TV needs
Mar 17, 2004
461 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Olkams wrote: Older TV pack? Id push to retention. You could get away with popular tv package and get upgrade to ignite 100 or 250, Price would sit most likely around $115 to $130 before tax.
Bingo. Exactly what i need.

Thanks for the advice.
I love los raptors.
Feb 20, 2017
332 posts
103 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Anyone know if there's any good deals for Barrie?

Apparently U63 doesn't exist up here?
Feb 4, 2004
91 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
moriokka wrote: Thanks @adrianf74, @zaidyboy, @matradley, @Olkams for info and advice!
Will post an update when I hear from OotP. Hopefully the manager I've talked to really submitted an escalation for me - I didn't receive any notification on the email I provided.
Update: after a week's worth of email exchanges with the OotP advisor assigned to my escalation, I got offered to keep the VIP cable tv package I currently have with one HD PVR and one HD Box, and get Gigabit unlimited Internet for $118.xx (taxes included), both on 2 year terms.

This is great pricing, however the problem is with cancellation fees, which I was told are $25/month, up to a max of $400 during the first year, and up to a max of $200 the second: any service downgrade (e.g. to anything lower than Popular, or lower than Gigabit) will cause cancellation fees, and even when moving out of Rogers service area I would still be responsible for the cancellation fees. Is this normal practice? To me it seems unfair to be responsible for cancellation fees for something not under my control, like the lack of Rogers service in an area...doesn't it?

Nor sure what to do....price is right but comes with strings attached...
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
moriokka wrote: Update: after a week's worth of email exchanges with the OotP advisor assigned to my escalation, I got offered to keep the VIP cable tv package I currently have with one HD PVR and one HD Box, and get Gigabit unlimited Internet for $118.xx (taxes included), both on 2 year terms.

This is great pricing, however the problem is with cancellation fees, which I was told are $25/month, up to a max of $400 during the first year, and up to a max of $200 the second: any service downgrade (e.g. to anything lower than Popular, or lower than Gigabit) will cause cancellation fees, and even when moving out of Rogers service area I would still be responsible for the cancellation fees. Is this normal practice? To me it seems unfair to be responsible for cancellation fees for something not under my control, like the lack of Rogers service in an area...doesn't it?

Weird that they will still charge you Even when you move out of serviceable area. Usually they dont
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5320 posts
2791 upvotes
Northside
moriokka wrote: Update: after a week's worth of email exchanges with the OotP advisor assigned to my escalation, I got offered to keep the VIP cable tv package I currently have with one HD PVR and one HD Box, and get Gigabit unlimited Internet for $118.xx (taxes included), both on 2 year terms.

They won't charge you if you move out of Rogers servicing area...they can't.

I say you take it and run :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5320 posts
2791 upvotes
Northside
Zombly wrote: Any good deals for Barrie, didn't seem like there was anything they could offer me I currently just have ignite 100U internet only for 87.99
Popular TV + Gigabit Internet for $99.99 can be given to you via field sales.
Feb 4, 2004
91 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
zaidyboy wrote: They won't charge you if you move out of Rogers servicing area...they can't.

I say you take it and run :)
:) I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's what the advisor told me, when I specifically asked the question about moving to an area with no Gigabit service...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5320 posts
2791 upvotes
Northside
moriokka wrote: :) I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's what the advisor told me, when I specifically asked the question about moving to an area with no Gigabit service...
That person doesnt know what they're talking about lol. Its company policy and they cant charge you.
Jun 26, 2002
61 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Just off the phone with OofP as I recently switched to U63, was told I do not qualify for the $200 gc as I was an existing customer..anyone else get it?
Aug 1, 2008
265 posts
11 upvotes
First off shout out to Zaidyboy for answering a bunch of my questions and trying to help me out in switching from Bell to Rogers.

Question: Has any of you (new or previous Roger's customer) able to get the PVR with the U63 deal? Post Feb 1, 2017 of course. First crack and talking to Customer support and they didn't budge, said even the Netbox 3.0 HD PVR was unavailable for this package and if I needed PVR, I'd have to pay $25 for the 4K version. They would only offer a $50 credit to my first bill, but other than that nothing. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. If you have a direct # to a customer support rep that did give you that PVR that would be even better :)
Feb 20, 2017
1 posts
Hello, I need some help and I'll try to keep this short. Basically my rates have gone up twice in 12 months with bell and I'm fed up. Was on the phone for 2 hrs with bell and they won't do squat so I'm considering switching but looking for a deal. I only need tv and internet, preferably the above the popular package and unlimited internet. Is U63 still available or something similar for me to get? Is there a Rogers rep I could call directly who could help? Any other tips? Thanks first time user on red flag deals.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5320 posts
2791 upvotes
Northside
Auston416 wrote: Hello, I need some help and I'll try to keep this short. Basically my rates have gone up twice in 12 months with bell and I'm fed up. Was on the phone for 2 hrs with bell and they won't do squat so I'm considering switching but looking for a deal. I only need tv and internet, preferably the above the popular package and unlimited internet. Is U63 still available or something similar for me to get? Is there a Rogers rep I could call directly who could help? Any other tips? Thanks first time user on red flag deals.
Yes, it is available. Any field reps on here can help you
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5320 posts
2791 upvotes
Northside
jan25 wrote: Just off the phone with OofP as I recently switched to U63, was told I do not qualify for the $200 gc as I was an existing customer..anyone else get it?
existing customers do not qualify
May 28, 2013
281 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Must give credit to @zaidyboy for all the help! I highly recommend anyone message him for assistance in regards to rogers plans!
Feb 20, 2017
332 posts
103 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Thanks a lot, I got in touch with field sales yesterday however I have to wait till the 26th as I was talking to a Rogers rep and they apparently put a quote on my account and I have to wait a few days for it to be removed.

Appreciate it, haven't had cable for a few years due to prices. :)
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
Anyone have any luck with being a new customer and getting the $200 GC with U63?

I keep hearing mixed results