Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1182 posts
1223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zaidyboy wrote: the new deals are all non contract.

The $109 deal for gigabit internet + popular tv + home phone should be postal code free come first week of August. Will keep you all posted
What would the equivalent premier TV deal be, $129?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Steveei wrote: Lady on phone told me that they no longer offer 100u and that 100u is a grandfathered internet plan. My 100u discount expired recently, and she told me I need to change my Internet to something else as Rogers are unable to apply any discounts to 100u. Is this true?
100u is discontinued for residential. See what they can do for 150u.
May 22, 2012
834 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
zaidyboy wrote: the new deals are all non contract.

The $109 deal for gigabit internet + popular tv + home phone should be postal code free come first week of August. Will keep you all posted
Will this be available through retentions or new customers only?
Dec 23, 2016
77 posts
9 upvotes
Hey guys,

I'm apartment searching, and just got an appointment to see one that is in a great location in terms of being downtown. This is the GTA, in Ontario.

I was told by someone who works near there that the area was recently upgraded through Rogers, and that the library she works at now gets 100/100. Bell only offers 10mb/s for $75, which is ridiculous (and basically what we pay now for unlimited 6mb/s which is hell and constantly goes out or slows down to a crawl).

I spoke to a Rogers rep today, through live chat, and asked what services are available there. She told me that gigabit is available, but that the best deal she can give me would be on Ignite 150 with a good TV package for $99.99 a month for 13 months. She said to call and join a new promotion after that first year is up to avoid having my bill go up since I can't afford anything more.

As someone who has to download a lot for work, I would love gigabit, which is currently being offered at $139.99 per month for 13 months with the same TV package. I'd like TV, because I do watch a lot of it, but Internet is most important and there's always Kodi I guess. I'd want TV for Leafs games first and foremost. No home phone is required, but I'd take it if it were offered free of charge which I know will not happen.

Is there a way to get a better deal? Or is that good? I'm low income right now so I need to look for the best I can get. But Rogers seems to be the only option and I'd honestly much prefer it over Bell, which has been TERRIBLE to my family.

I'd be moving in on Aug. 1 or thereabouts.

EDIT: I assume there's tax on top? I've never paid a utility bill before.
Last edited by ThePessimisticOne on Jul 25th, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 17, 2013
964 posts
713 upvotes
Steveei wrote: Lady on phone told me that they no longer offer 100u and that 100u is a grandfathered internet plan. My 100u discount expired recently, and she told me I need to change my Internet to something else as Rogers are unable to apply any discounts to 100u. Is this true?
Rogers CSR told me the same thing about VIP. She said I could keep it but without discounts. If I wanted discounts I would have to switch to the new packages. select, popular or premier.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
ThePessimisticOne wrote: Hey guys,

I'm apartment searching, and just got an appointment to see one that is in a great location in terms of being downtown. This is the GTA, in Ontario.

I was told by someone who works near there that the area was recently upgraded through Rogers, and that the library she works at now gets 100/100. Bell only offers 10mb/s for $75, which is ridiculous (and basically what we pay now for unlimited 6mb/s which is hell and constantly goes out or slows down to a crawl).

I spoke to a Rogers rep today, through live chat, and asked what services are available there. She told me that gigabit is available, but that the best deal she can give me would be on Ignite 150 with a good TV package for $99.99 a month for 13 months. She said to call and join a new promotion after that first year is up to avoid having my bill go up since I can't afford anything more.

As someone who has to download a lot for work, I would love gigabit, which is currently being offered at $139.99 per month for 13 months with the same TV package. I'd like TV, because I do watch a lot of it, but Internet is most important and there's always Kodi I guess. I'd want TV for Leafs games first and foremost. No home phone is required, but I'd take it if it were offered free of charge which I know will not happen.

Is there a way to get a better deal? Or is that good? I'm low income right now so I need to look for the best I can get. But Rogers seems to be the only option and I'd honestly much prefer it over Bell, which has been TERRIBLE to my family.

I'd be moving in on Aug. 1 or thereabouts.

EDIT: I assume there's tax on top? I've never paid a utility bill before.
wait till first week of August for the new field sales offers. Don't go through Rogers customer service
Jul 24, 2017
2 posts
Just went through chat with Rogers, got the following:

150U (Upgraded to gigabit until January 2018 - this is their current promo)
Popular TV Package
Home Phone
Wifi Modem + HD PVR box rental prices included
No Activation/Set Up Fees

For $115 + Tax Per Month

Anyone think I can do better? They said I have 30 days to switch to a new deal if I want
Dec 23, 2016
77 posts
9 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: wait till first week of August for the new field sales offers. Don't go through Rogers customer service
Okay will do. Thanks.

I'm new to all of this.
Jun 1, 2017
73 posts
183 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: new customers :)
It's a shame its never for existing customers, imaging how much money they would save if we stopped calling in arguing about deals and stopped switching every 12 months.

I guess there must be enough people that just eat up the price increases to make it worth while.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Barabus416 wrote: It's a shame its never for existing customers, imaging how much money they would save if we stopped calling in arguing about deals and stopped switching every 12 months.

I guess there must be enough people that just eat up the price increases to make it worth while.
Switching between providers to get new customer pricing is the only way to get it done nowadays, unfortunately.
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
Barabus416 wrote: I guess there must be enough people that just eat up the price increases to make it worth while.
That's the answer right there. I'm sure the numbers are closely watched, and their choice is what's best for Rogers.
Jul 25, 2009
208 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
yoloswag8 wrote: Just went through chat with Rogers, got the following:

Popular TV Package
Home Phone

For $115 + Tax Per Month

Anyone think I can do better? They said I have 30 days to switch to a new deal if I want
Seems good but they can toss in TMN/HBO to match Bell's field offers
Jul 22, 2009
144 posts
26 upvotes

Popular TV Package
Home Phone

For $115 + Tax Per Month

Did you get this as a new customer or renewed as an existing customer?
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
So they have a new $99 with 150u+select..free preview of gigabit speed until Jan 15 2018. Upgrading to popular is another 15 i would assume..

This actually isn't bad considering I don't need the home phone.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside

Popular TV Package
Home Phone

For $115 + Tax Per Month

Are you sure it isn't 115 taxes in?

Field sales is offering this for 99.99 +Hst
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1345 upvotes
Calgary
zaidyboy wrote: Are you sure it isn't 115 taxes in?

Field sales is offering this for 99.99 +Hst
I think the package for $99.99 is with Select TV, think he meant $115+ tax (so additional $15) to get Popular TV.

Would love to get the above internet + Popular TV for $99.99 if you know where! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
OKSpring wrote: I think the package for $99.99 is with Select TV, think he meant $115+ tax (so additional $15) to get Popular TV.

Would love to get the above internet + Popular TV for $99.99 if you know where! :)
The Internet + Popular TV + Local Home Phone for 99.99 just came out today. Id still wait first week of August if I were you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)