Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Apr 20, 2011
890 posts
109 upvotes
Scarborough
dainfamous41 wrote: Is this a good deal for home phone for 2 years no contract?

$24.99 for Home Phone including 2-3 features
$3 add on for International Calling
Total = $27.99 + tax

I heard there used to be Home Phone package with 1 feature (ex. call display-which is I really need) for $14.99, but they said they don't have anymore....
Any help?
Jun 5, 2007
100 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
dainfamous41 wrote: Any help?
My first post, but long time reader of this forum. As for Rogers Home Phone, there's a plan for $19.99 plus tax and that gives unlimited Canada and US calling plus six calling features. However, this plan is grandfathered and one must have a bundle package with cable TV and internet to keep the special pricing. Otherwise, it goes up to around $34.99 plus tax, according to a Rogers rep.
Jun 5, 2007
100 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
greatdeal wrote: Very bad experience!
Online chat with customer service, she offers me 150u + basic tv + basic home phone for $146.87 tax in. She is very nice and transfer me to the retention online chat for a better deal. However, the retention offers me the same plan for $149.87! What a joke! She said this is the best deal and I am welcome to go if I can shop a better deal elsewhere! I am with Rogers for about 20 years and she said Rogers will only a good deal to new customers, not you!
What an experience!
I would try Rogers Facebook chat. I find they are very helpful and willing to provide better discounts.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
I contacted them via fb chat a few days ago, today i just got off the phone with them and got this

Popular Pkg
4k PVR
Gigabit Internet + modem
Home Phone
for 99.99 + tax

I had to get the two Fairchild Channels for my parents so end up being 109 + tax. I tried to ask them to waive home phone since I am happily using fongo for a few years now but he said its part of the promo and cannot be replaced.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Nov 14, 2004
498 posts
62 upvotes
Markham
kangarooz wrote: I contacted them via fb chat a few days ago, today i just got off the phone with them and got this

Popular Pkg
4k PVR
Gigabit Internet + modem
Home Phone
for 99.99 + tax

I had to get the two Fairchild Channels for my parents so end up being 109 + tax. I tried to ask them to waive home phone since I am happily using fongo for a few years now but he said its part of the promo and cannot be replaced.
Good to know!
I have contacted them through fb chats this afternoon at 2:30 and still no one reply!
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
kangarooz wrote: I contacted them via fb chat a few days ago, today i just got off the phone with them and got this

Popular Pkg
4k PVR
Gigabit Internet + modem
Home Phone
for 99.99 + tax

This is the plan I need! But CSR Dawn will only offer me popular TV, 500u + Fairchild for $175 tax in... Outrageous.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
UNDFTDss wrote: This is the plan I need! But CSR Dawn will only offer me popular TV, 500u + Fairchild for $175 tax in... Outrageous.
they called me btw i didnt call them, i didnt have internet with them so i guess i was a semi-new customer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
kangarooz wrote: they called me btw i didnt call them, i didnt have internet with them so i guess i was a semi-new customer.
did you happen to file a disconnect first ?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
zaidyboy wrote: did you happen to file a disconnect first ?
filed an intention to disconnect but was did not follow through after their offer.
Nov 14, 2004
498 posts
62 upvotes
Markham

Popular Pkg
4k PVR
Gigabit Internet + modem
Home Phone
for 99.99 + tax

This is a really good deal. Just finished the fb chat and the rep said 4k pvr has never been included in the bundle. He is not sure how you can get this deal! He said there is no deal under $100, the lowest price for bundle of 3 services is $129.29 includes basic tv, home phone and 60u.
You are lucky to have that deal!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA

Popular Pkg
4k PVR
Gigabit Internet + modem
Home Phone
for 99.99 + tax

Are you a new customer? And are you in a condo?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
greatdeal wrote: This is a really good deal. Just finished the fb chat and the rep said 4k pvr has never been included in the bundle. He is not sure how you can get this deal! He said there is no deal under $100, the lowest price for bundle of 3 services is $129.29 includes basic tv, home phone and 60u.
You are lucky to have that deal!
Kfox wrote: Are you a new customer? And are you in a condo?
No I live in a fully detached home. I just got off the phone with the retention agents to confirm the deal. She read everything out to me and I read everything out to her twice. It looks like a really good deal which the even the retention agents dont have access to. The price is also locked in at 109+tax for 2 years as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto

Popular Pkg
4k PVR
Gigabit Internet + modem
Home Phone
for 99.99 + tax

i got the exact deal 2 days ago via retentions (confirms that retentions rep do indeed have access to this deal) for my parents 109+tax. I wanted to drop the internet down to a lower tier to get it cheaper since they wouldnt notice the extra speed but the rep said it was a set package....still, knocked their monthy bill down by a few dollars compared to last year so we're not complaining. Btw, its the 6 feature home phone with NA calling. They still have the nextbox 3 pvr as a free rental, not going to bother upgrading to the newer box since they are already used to their setup and it would just be a waste of time for me to go over there and and do the swap for them.
But I was told only for 1 yr. Wish it was 2 to save me the call next year.
Also, my parents are 20+ years customers if that made any difference at all.
This was after the second call as the first offer I got last week was a joke ($20 more and no free pvr).
Mar 15, 2010
823 posts
209 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
Fightguard wrote: i got the exact deal 2 days ago via retentions (confirms that retentions rep do indeed have access to this deal) for my parents 109+tax. I wanted to drop the internet down to a lower tier to get it cheaper since they wouldnt notice the extra speed but the rep said it was a set package....still, knocked their monthy bill down by a few dollars compared to last year so we're not complaining. Btw, its the 6 feature home phone with NA calling. They still have the nextbox 3 pvr as a free rental, not going to bother upgrading to the newer box since they are already used to their setup and it would just be a waste of time for me to go over there and and do the swap for them.
But I was told only for 1 yr. Wish it was 2 to save me the call next year.
Also, my parents are 20+ years customers if that made any difference at all.
This was after the second call as the first offer I got last week was a joke ($20 more and no free pvr).
I just tried with retention and they told my $140 for this package
I am not new customer
20 plus year with Rogers and have giga internet and vip from 2 years ago for $105
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: I just tried with retention and they told my $140 for this package
I am not new customer
20 plus year with Rogers and have giga internet and vip from 2 years ago for $105
I just spoke with the "Concierge Team" and the CSR explained that they are the retentions team for long-standing customers as we have been with them for 19 years. They told me the only offers AND the best offers they have for me are:
1) Gigabit + Popular TV + Fairchild = $160 + tax.
2) 500U + Popular TV + Fairchild = $155 + tax
3) 150U + Popular TV + Fairchild = $130 + tax

She said she is aware of this forum and the plan you guys mentioned does not exist anymore (ie. Gigabit + Popular TV + home phone + Fairchild for $110 + tax) and that it is a "tiered" promotion meaning you would pay $110 + tax for only a few months but it'll go back to full price afterwards. I honestly don't know wtf she was talking about. Do I need to connect with the actual retentions team? What should I do?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
@zaidyboy can confirm but if I recall correctly starting with the busy holiday shopping season the emphasis on sales/discounts turns to wireless devices (higher margin) and their corresponding plans. Corporate attitude towards the cable side is indifferent to say the least. For those looking to negotiate/discuss renewed credits/discounts and are finding the process difficult or frustrating might I suggest taking a different approach: explain your situation perhaps might change in the next 4-5 months and you may increase/decrease/cancel services and so are looking for one time manual credits to keep the price affordable as you maintain a strict budget during this expensive period. Once April or May roll around things on the cable side will likely look more enticing.
Sep 9, 2008
687 posts
180 upvotes
Mississauga
Was on 100 Ignite@ 60$ for 12 months which just expired, so used the FB chat to ask for another deal. Was painless but took them 3-4hrs to respond and they gave me 150mbit @ $60/month. Took like 10min to get it setup.
Aug 10, 2010
456 posts
250 upvotes
Just got offered this deal, don't think it's the best...but seems like a hit or miss these days...

gigabit unlimited
popular tv (if my tv is not 4k, is there a point in trying to get the 4k box?)

$105 + tax

should I accept? I'm on the old vip + internet package (which was actually a few dollars more).
It seems people have gotten this with home phone for $99, but I really don't need home phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2229 posts
723 upvotes
t-dot. wrote: Just got offered this deal, don't think it's the best...but seems like a hit or miss these days...

gigabit unlimited
popular tv (if my tv is not 4k, is there a point in trying to get the 4k box?)

$105 + tax

should I accept? I'm on the old vip + internet package (which was actually a few dollars more).
It seems people have gotten this with home phone for $99, but I really don't need home phone.
You're lucky. I haven't been offered this plan at all. I would jump on that if given the chance...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)