Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
donbb7 wrote: Is 120 plus tax good for 1 gig internet, popular cable, and home phone ? That seems the best retention can do for me in the GTA.
pretty good. Does it include any additional boxes? What kind of home phone package?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
donbb7 wrote: Is 120 plus tax good for 1 gig internet, popular cable, and home phone ? That seems the best retention can do for me in the GTA.
its not the worst but you can get them to throw in a free pvr.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I had Bell knocking on my door today saying they have fiber installed on my street and offered me $60 / 300mbps internet. Also said they would give me a great deal on TV and Phone package as well. Didn't get the price for the TV / home phone package though as I was busy.

Figured I'd see what Rogers can offer me as I have everything with them right now. Here is my plan.. what do you guys think I should negotiate?

Internet Ignite 250u - $74.99 ( 84.74 )
TV Digital Plus, nextbox HD rental, Nextbox 3.0 rental (waived), fairchild 2, deigital services fee - $66.49 (75.13)
Home Phone - $24.99 ( 28.23)

What's a good negotiation? I see some of you guys are able to get under $150 / month. I also have a wireless # within the account as well for the $40 / 4GB plan offered last year. Paying around $235 monthly in total.

On live chat with retentions and it turns out I am on a 2 year promotional plan and I'd have to pay $130 if I were to change plans / cancel with Rogers. Makes me want to port away from Rogers even more now. With new Bell plan, I'd prob save $130 within the first half a year.
Oct 6, 2012
33 posts
16 upvotes
I think its just the basic home phone. I only got the main hd pvr for free in the offer because I didnt need more. I also called bell to see what they can do and I was offered the 300u fibe, with the good tv package, and home phone for 115 plus tax. Still decideing on who to go with.
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried facebook chat as you guys recommended. The best they could offer was 500u for $90 plus tax. I don't know if I should call retentions, do they save these deals on their system so I won't be able to get a better deal with another agent?

The other option is using my fathers name and credit card info as a new user? I don't know if that would fly.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just got off live chat with retention.

They offered me, Gigabite + popular TV ( Fairchild 1&2 , 2 PVR rental ) + Home phone for $176.92 tax and rental included.

Nowhere close to the offers you guys are getting.. sub $120. They saved this plan on my account for 24 hours..

Room for improvement?
Dec 16, 2017
5 posts
I jumped on the mobile 60$/10gb deal last night, so I figured I'd try my luck on the rest of my services.

Currently have 100u for 65$ which was the big deal about 6 months / a year ago for internet.

Also on some ridiculous mish mash of a cable plan that I first got from a field rep when I moved in to this house about 8 years ago, which is about 115$ taxes in for which I consider just about everything. I don't really know which channels I DON'T have, it's that good a deal. I believe the plan is VIP movies plus, and also a top 25 specialty pack on top of that including TMN, HBO, etc.

Tried on live chat last night after the mobile upgrade, and tried a little more today after a cancelation inquiry to get to retentions.

Their best offer I believe was the 500u internet, together with the premier TV package, and also included TMN as well, for about 165 and change, taxes in. Not clear yet if the TMN is the package including HBO and stuff or just the TMN itself..

Tried to squeeze a little bit more but that was it, told that's the best they could do.

On the fence now about this deal. Not bad, but not as great as what I've seen available to some in here. And also don't know if it would still be available if I called back in, nothing was really said about it.

Anyone have any opinion on this situation?
Dec 16, 2017
5 posts
Oh and forgot to say, opened a Facebook chat at about 330pm. It's now 830 and no response yet.....
Oct 6, 2012
33 posts
16 upvotes
nando7729611613 wrote: I jumped on the mobile 60$/10gb deal last night, so I figured I'd try my luck on the rest of my services.

Currently have 100u for 65$ which was the big deal about 6 months / a year ago for internet.

Also on some ridiculous mish mash of a cable plan that I first got from a field rep when I moved in to this house about 8 years ago, which is about 115$ taxes in for which I consider just about everything. I don't really know which channels I DON'T have, it's that good a deal. I believe the plan is VIP movies plus, and also a top 25 specialty pack on top of that including TMN, HBO, etc.

Tried on live chat last night after the mobile upgrade, and tried a little more today after a cancelation inquiry to get to retentions.

Their best offer I believe was the 500u internet, together with the premier TV package, and also included TMN as well, for about 165 and change, taxes in. Not clear yet if the TMN is the package including HBO and stuff or just the TMN itself..

Tried to squeeze a little bit more but that was it, told that's the best they could do.

On the fence now about this deal. Not bad, but not as great as what I've seen available to some in here. And also don't know if it would still be available if I called back in, nothing was really said about it.

Anyone have any opinion on this situation?
It sounds like you would be saving 15 dollars a month if you were to go with the new package. I'd probably try and see of they would go a bit lower in price.
Jan 5, 2014
46 posts
50 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I'm sorry. It took me quite a while to read through the thread. I got the 100U internet for $59 about 2 years ago (thanks to this thread!!), now the period is ending in 2 months. What is the number I should call to check the offers now? I had a few concierge numbers from earlier, but none of them is working not. I dialed, but could get through. Or is facebook direct message the way now?

Thanks!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
brianwang wrote: I'm sorry. It took me quite a while to read through the thread. I got the 100U internet for $59 about 2 years ago (thanks to this thread!!), now the period is ending in 2 months. What is the number I should call to check the offers now? I had a few concierge numbers from earlier, but none of them is working not. I dialed, but could get through. Or is facebook direct message the way now?

Thanks!!
FAcebook msger is the way to go.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6348 posts
6702 upvotes
Center of Canada
I am waiting for 2018 deal.

Currently I am on $120 promo bundle: Gigibit Internet, VIP cable with HDPVR (Mind to keep already), Home phone with 6 feature, included unlimited NA LD call.
However, it will expire in May 2018.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Nov 5, 2012
38 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
greatdeal wrote: This is a good deal, at least for me!
How do you get contacted? Do you file a cancellation?
I call then before about upgrade to gigabyte internet package only. So they got back to me with that package. I only wanted internet package, cable and phone is useless to me afaik. Trying to get back to Roger right now, can't get through must be all the $60 for 10 gig/month phone plans they are offering.
Dec 1, 2006
972 posts
87 upvotes
London, ON
BobSagget wrote: You could try to get the $74.99 gigabit internet deal.
Call retentions at 1-855-732-7149 and tell them you see they are offering gigabit internet for $74.99 for 12 months and ask them to switch.
Also for a limited time they are giving new customers who sign up for this deal a Google Home device. You're an existing customer, so it probably won't work, but if they agree to switch you over, I would also ask if you can get one as well (because why not?).

The very first rep I got when I tried last month switched me over without a hassle. However if for some reason the rep denies you, I would call back and try to get another rep.
This number doesnt work what number am I suppose to call?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43040 upvotes
ONTARIO
christonian wrote: This number doesnt work what number am I suppose to call?
You're right. The number is no longer in use. Weird. Why would they disconnect it?

I don't know a new number to call, but hopefully someone else will post an updated number.
Nov 5, 2012
38 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
BobSagget wrote: You're right. The number is no longer in use. Weird. Why would they disconnect it?

I don't know a new number to call, but hopefully someone else will post an updated number.
Just contact on Rogers through Chat.
I am a customer who is currently on $65/month on 100u internet package.
I talk to mention regarding Bell have $70/month offer for 1 gig internet. So they offer $75/month gigabyte internet to me, this is for 1 year no contract. They won't price match saying that the package doesn't have discounts.
Since I have them on chat, i also port 2 phone lines over to rogers for the $60/month 10 gigs.
Apparently the CSR mention that both deals ends today. I have to exchange my modem at store for gigabyte modem today.
Hopefully that helps.
BTW, all the phone lines at that time, it was either busy or you can't get through. Chat was hard to get connected as well. FYI.
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
Well the best I could get was $60 for 150U. I think that is good enough for now. Does having 500U or Gigabyte really make that much of a difference?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3916 posts
2904 upvotes
Markham
motime wrote: Well the best I could get was $60 for 150U. I think that is good enough for now. Does having 500U or Gigabyte really make that much of a difference?
think thats the best one can do. I stream on 3 devices simultaneously at 1080p on ignite100 and no issues
Dec 17, 2017
361 posts
312 upvotes
I'm wondering when's the last time anyone was able to get a discount and keep VIP? I've tried a few times over the last couple weeks and so far they've all said it's not possible to give a discount without switching to a new cable plan.

Secondly: Retention did make an ok offer for internet and cable but not good enough to jump on it. I told them I'd think about it and call back. A couple days later someone from rogers called back and left a VM saying my name is X from the "rogers major accounts department" and we can give you a much better deal. You can call us directly at 416 and then the message cuts off plus there was no caller id. Since its impossible to call the main rogers number right now to ask, does anyone know what the number is or if the regular call centre will be able to see the deal or connect me to them once this cell phone promo is over?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
500U and Gigabit is overrated , in my honest opinion. If you stream and download, 150u is more than enough.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)