Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1007 posts
412 upvotes
My 2 year discounts are coming to expire this month.

Is the best way to get a deal to cancel, then wait for a call back (winback)? This is what I did in 2015
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Ombra2011 wrote: This is what I was offered and I TOOK from Bell today:
Monthly
charges
& credits Limited-time
offers Other
charges
& credits
Fibe 300 $89.95
Included Internet Usage - Unlimited
Home Hub one-time rental promo CR $199.95
Modem
• Modem fee
$199.95
• Full Home Installation

McAfee® Security - Good
Activation fee $49.95
Internet promo - 12 mo. CR $30.00
Total (before taxes) $89.95 CR $30.00 $49.95

Summary: $59.95+tax for 12 months, modem free as gift, activation fee of $49 cant waive but gave a visa for $100. 300 mbs and unlimited. Thoughts?
$49 activation fee is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Have you shopped around for other offers?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
vg19 wrote: My 2 year discounts are coming to expire this month.

Is the best way to get a deal to cancel, then wait for a call back (winback)? This is what I did in 2015
contact Rogers through Facebook Chat.
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: $49 activation fee is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Have you shopped around for other offers?
I agree, one of my friends called retention got the $49 waived and upped the $30 to $50 credit. Guess what I'll be doing today? LoL I'm also shopping around. Don't really know where to start from, this was the first place I landed on. Any ideas?

Edit @ 1212pm: thanks for the suggestion to shop around, called rogers got the below deal for $30 for 24 months:
500mb
Unlimited

Just an fyi they said it's location based offer and the lady at rogers was shocked to see it.
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
Ombra2011 wrote: This is what I was offered and I TOOK from Bell today:
You're looking at (59.95*12+49)*1.13-$100 = $768.29 / 12 = $64/month after tax for 300u for 12 months.

Wouldn't say it's the best price, but also not the worst price. My personal price target on unlimited internet pricing is no more then $60/month after tax / ideally ~ $40/month + tax.

Something to watch out for though - You're likely to have a ~$5/month price increase in February. Bell contracts are fixed discounts from the advertised price, and that's likely to increase in 2-3 months.
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
cleacy1972 wrote: You're looking at (59.95*12+49)*1.13-$100 = $768.29 / 12 = $64/month after tax for 300u for 12 months.

Wouldn't say it's the best price, but also not the worst price. My personal price target on unlimited internet pricing is no more then $60/month after tax / ideally ~ $40/month + tax.

Something to watch out for though - You're likely to have a ~$5/month price increase in February. Bell contracts are fixed discounts from the advertised price, and that's likely to increase in 2-3 months.
Thanks, I cancelled bell's plan and got the $30 from rogers instead, 500 mbs and unlimited. What are your thoughts? Also thanks for the calculation that was pretty cool.
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
Ombra2011 wrote: Thanks, I cancelled bell's plan and got the $30 from rogers instead, 500 mbs and unlimited. What are your thoughts? Also thanks for the calculation that was pretty cool.
I'd call $30+tax for 500u a great/pretty much perfect pricing. Doubt i'm in an area where it's available, if it was i'd totally jump on it when my current contract expires.
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
cleacy1972 wrote: I'd call $30+tax for 500u a great/pretty much perfect pricing. Doubt i'm in an area where it's available, if it was i'd totally jump on it when my current contract expires.
I was also shocked to see they offered it. I think this is a decent deal. Too bad it's location based. My parents Down the street couldn't get it. Their price has gone up if anything.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3917 posts
2904 upvotes
Markham
Ombra2011 wrote: I was also shocked to see they offered it. I think this is a decent deal. Too bad it's location based. My parents Down the street couldn't get it. Their price has gone up if anything.
Thats ridiculously good deal. Never pay that little for internet since the beginning of time !!!
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
wongmb wrote: Thats ridiculously good deal. Never pay that little for internet since the beginning of time !!!
Same her, I made the lady repeat the deal 3 time and then I reconfirmed I think a couple of times lol
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4131 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
wongmb wrote: Thats ridiculously good deal. Never pay that little for internet since the beginning of time !!!
haha...$30/month is what I paid for my very first "hi-speed" internet plan about 20 years ago from Bell DSL.
lightning fast 1 mbps, then upgraded to 3 mbps for $40/month!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Ombra2011 wrote: I was also shocked to see they offered it. I think this is a decent deal. Too bad it's location based. My parents Down the street couldn't get it. Their price has gone up if anything.
You likely live in a condo which offers that deal. It is targeted to condos and some townhomes
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: You likely live in a condo which offers that deal. It is targeted to condos and some townhomes
I do, a lot of people have bell here and complain about the prices being high. I found out after that the wiring of the condo was done by Rogers. So the lady from rogers said I have lots of options with Rogers but she thought I'd love this deal. Surprisingly enough my parents down the street had no deals at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Ombra2011 wrote: I do, a lot of people have bell here and complain about the prices being high. I found out after that the wiring of the condo was done by Rogers. So the lady from rogers said I have lots of options with Rogers but she thought I'd love this deal. Surprisingly enough my parents down the street had no deals at all.
And a strong likelihood that your condo is eligible for the Combo 3 offer listed on the first page of this thread.

Thanks for reporting back!!!
Dec 26, 2017
18 posts
5 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: And a strong likelihood that your condo is eligible for the Combo 3 offer listed on the first page of this thread.

Thanks for reporting back!!!
Correct, I was offered that!

Np, happy to help!
Mar 26, 2007
325 posts
203 upvotes
Is Facebook chat the best way to do this, or can I use the Rogers chat on their website? My parent's contract is up and they don't have an FB account - the account is under their name, not mine.

Any chance of getting the 500U $30/month deal for a detached home, or is that condos only? What's the best way to approach this - should I be very direct and cite what other people are getting, or do I need to bring in competitor's prices?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Happosai wrote: Is Facebook chat the best way to do this, or can I use the Rogers chat on their website? My parent's contract is up and they don't have an FB account - the account is under their name, not mine.

Any chance of getting the 500U $30/month deal for a detached home, or is that condos only? What's the best way to approach this - should I be very direct and cite what other people are getting, or do I need to bring in competitor's prices?

Thanks!
most likely, you won't get that deal but it's worth a try.

You can use your facebook account to speak to the loyalty team. Just have account number and verification answers, ready. Lots of success using the facebook option.
Banned
Apr 8, 2015
345 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver, ON
Decided to go with the 150U for $65 and do the Modem installation myself.. They said that my new house is already hooked up so it should be just plug and play right? What if the previous tenants had Bell instead of Rogers for internet?
Sep 28, 2015
924 posts
1120 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jamesdavid3 wrote: Decided to go with the 150U for $65 and do the Modem installation myself.. They said that my new house is already hooked up so it should be just plug and play right? What if the previous tenants had Bell instead of Rogers for internet?
When they say that, it normally means a previous tenant (may not be the one prior to you) had Rogers and cables are ready for connection.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
jamesdavid3 wrote: Decided to go with the 150U for $65 and do the Modem installation myself.. They said that my new house is already hooked up so it should be just plug and play right? What if the previous tenants had Bell instead of Rogers for internet?
should've went with field sales for $60/month

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)