Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
CooperMania wrote: When I got the offer on the 8th, only the manager was able to enter the code based on what I was told. The rep you are talking to will not be able to enter the promo. Ask the rep to talk to his/her manager to enter the promo code for $74.99 on Gigabit Ignite and see if they will do that for you.
yes apparently the manager said 84.99 is the best the manager could do as the previous 74.99 promo is not working.
Nov 14, 2011
173 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
I got the 75$ Gigabit deal on the 9th, went through the live chat.

It went really smoothly, I'd recommend it over calling in. They offered me 3 deals, and when I said no to all of them is when he offered the $75 Gigabit plan.

It was surprising how fast they were. live chat was done in ~35 mins, a rogers van came by within 2 hours and I picked up the Modem on the same day. I ordered the plan at 1:30 pm, was up and running by 6pm.
Jun 15, 2001
552 posts
354 upvotes
T.O.
Live chat was very disappointing. Customer retention was quite belligerent and basically told me they could not offer anything. FB chat was only mildly better. The rep claimed that the FB chat channel was part of the Office of the President and that there was no higher customer support level.

Final offer was Select TV + Ignite 75 for $113 tax in. They would not honour the Ignite 500u + Popular TV + homephone for $99 offer claiming that I was not in the target postal code. Sounds like BS.

Existing Rogers account and I'm in Etobicoke (Bloor & Mill Rd).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8993 posts
1532 upvotes
Just picked up the 500u plan for $49.99 for 1yr.
Sep 5, 2009
297 posts
56 upvotes
condo/apartment in north york/markham?
r1lee wrote: Just picked up the 500u plan for $49.99 for 1yr.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6104 posts
4783 upvotes
swiftfire wrote: I just now got this package on their Rogers Live Chat as a brand new customer North York, there is Rogers fibre run to my brand new unit that was built in August 2017:

Rogers Package, $99.99 /month for 2 years (no contract, cancel anytime which means the pricing could be subject to change):

-$50 installation fee waived
-$14.99 activation fee
-Ignite 500u (Gigabit capable Wireless-AC modem rental included, Download speed: 500Mbps, Upload speed: 20Mbps, Unlimited data usage)
-Home Phone (Basic local calling, Standard long distance plan which is $.20/min in North America, there are no additional features such as TV call display, transfer or 3 way calling)
-Popular TV Package (Channels: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv#/packages, NextBox 3.0 HDPVR rental included, record up to 8 shows at once, Rogers Anyplace TV App, NHL Live app, HBO+TMN free for 2 months $20 after cancel anytime)

Linked in chat the picture of the in-mail promotion: https://v.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/00 ... iginal.jpg
Can I use the Picture you provided to ask to get this deal as well?

I’m a current customer thowith Robers.
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes
So i was on kijiji and i got an offer for rogers 60 ignite unlimited for $49.99. How legit do you think this is? And how fast is this? Can it stream netflix and the internet without buffering. Im currently on bell fibe 50 and have no issues. Even with 4-5 devices connected.
Oct 15, 2017
36 posts
14 upvotes
Sejad wrote: Can I use the Picture you provided to ask to get this deal as well?

I’m a current customer thowith Robers.
You can sure try however I know this promo was for new customers. Retentions should at least offer you something.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3834 posts
1654 upvotes
Toronto
Just got a text from Rogers:
Rogers Service Message: Correction Notification. You might have seen a message from us telling you about the discontinuation of the Better Choice Bundles discount. We sent it to you accidentally and apologize for any confusion it caused. There are upcoming changes to this discount that we will be letting you know about at a future date - at this time, your discount is not changing. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-888-764-3771. Thanks again for choosing Rogers.
So it looks like my 12% discount is safe (for now). I wonder what they'll do for people who received the message about the discount being cancelled and then called in to switch to a new plan (which is not eligible for the discount) only to now be told that the cancellation message was an error?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
marcus44 wrote: So i was on kijiji and i got an offer for rogers 60 ignite unlimited for $49.99. How legit do you think this is? And how fast is this? Can it stream netflix and the internet without buffering. Im currently on bell fibe 50 and have no issues. Even with 4-5 devices connected.
I would be VERY careful with kijiji however, see thread summary. That is the going field sales rate.

Just a quick FYI, Rogers began charging 49.99 installation fees for new internet sign ups. So please be mindful. Field sales supervisors can get this waived AFTER installation
Aug 12, 2007
45 posts
14 upvotes
So I'm on facebook messenger to ask about retention or bundle discounts. My vip digital, home phone with ld cdn and 100 ignite bundle discount is ending. Anyway I went on fb messenger on saturday. Its now thurs night and the back and forth messages has been over 6 days. Thursday i finally got authenticated. And i was told my plans were old plans. My question? Is this normal? A fb chat that can last 6 and counting days? Its kinda crazy but....
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1455 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been able to get Rogers to match cannet or carrytel or any of those types of providers?
JS
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Nook wrote: I hit them up last Wednesday and still haven't gotten anywhere other than informing me they're backlogged.

If I didn't hate Bell, I'd have just given up on Rogers but alas, I do.
Still... zero progress. Every 3rd day, they send an email with a simple question and then another 3 days to follow up, and this whole process takes forever. There should just be a number to dial. And now they're charging $50 for activation? Pretty crappy stuff by this field agents crew.

Signed up with CarryTel for their 150mbps $49.99 plan instead. Now to find something cheap for home phone.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Aug 10, 2006
58 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
How do you get retention on the chat? The wait time is ridiculous. This is extremely frustrating.
Nov 25, 2017
12 posts
1 upvote
London, ON
Nook wrote:
Signed up with CarryTel for their 150mbps $49.99 plan instead. Now to find something cheap for home phone.
I have been with voip.ms for about 5 years and have had excellent service. VOIP is pay-as-you-go. Outgoing calls cost $0.005 per minute, and incoming calls $0.01 per minute, so your costs depend on your use.. This is not the thread to discuss the benefits of VOIP, but you can do your own dd at the voip.ms site. Good luck.
Jun 27, 2007
449 posts
420 upvotes
It will be interesting to see how things play out in the next several weeks. A lot of us (me included) gave up our W35/45 plans and jumped on board the new packages around this time 2 years ago. Those deals will soon be up and we won't have the luxury of saying "take that cable price and shove it because I'm locked into internet until the next decade".
Jul 1, 2010
35 posts
6 upvotes
Hello,

I was just offered this and would like some advice on whether to proceed with it:

1) Popular TV + HD Box + Fairchild channel: $34.44 + taxes
2) Ignite Unlimited 500: $88.00 + taxes
3) Local Home Phone: $0 (for 12 months)

Total will be around $138.36 including taxes for 12 months.

Thank you.
Jun 22, 2008
247 posts
63 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: I would be VERY careful with kijiji however, see thread summary. That is the going field sales rate.

Just a quick FYI, Rogers began charging 49.99 installation fees for new internet sign ups. So please be mindful. Field sales supervisors can get this waived AFTER installation
Thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone have any feed back with the speed portion of my question?
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
Nook wrote: Signed up with CarryTel for their 150mbps $49.99 plan instead. Now to find something cheap for home phone.
www.freephoneline.ca

Been using multiple voip lines through this provider for several years now with no problems at all, and no on-going monthly costs. Upfront costs are around $25 to port in a phone number, $80 for voip unlock key, $50-100 for an obihai ATA, and a weekend to figure out how to set it up.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3538 posts
876 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I was also offered Ignite 60 with unlimited for $50/month. Not sure if I should accept it or wait for the new plans being released later next week/month :s
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)