Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Nov 18, 2011
117 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
new6phase wrote: I'm currently with Rogers, it's obvious they will not offer me the $38 500u deal.
Any existing customer tried cancelling, then signing up again as a new customer for the same address under another family member (spouse or parent)?

ETA: I've tried calling cancellationx2, live chatx2, Facebook chatx1. I never mentioned RFD.
I did. I cancelled the Rogers internet service and contacted the field rep and signed up as a new customer under spouse but different last name though... got 500 u @ $30+tax (will be $38+tax after Mar. 12).
Sep 5, 2009
297 posts
56 upvotes
Is this a house?
chrisjyhong wrote: I did. I cancelled the Rogers internet service and contacted the field rep and signed up as a new customer under spouse but different last name though... got 500 u @ $30+tax (will be $38+tax after Mar. 12).
Nov 18, 2011
117 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
mdfaisal wrote: Is this a house?
No... it's a condo. But you should check with the rep. Some people got the same deal for the detached as well.
May 6, 2007
50 posts
6 upvotes
I think I’ve hit the limit with Rogers. Called today on the pretense of asking what my early cancelation fees would be (my agreement expires next month), telling them I had a better offer from Bell (I don’t). Tried to schedule a cancellation but was told I could just call when I’m ready and they would cancel everything at once. The rep “tried” to see if I could get anything better but said I have “the best they can offer”. I posted it earlier this week but here it is again:

150u internet
Premiere TV with PVR and one additional box
Home phone with 6 features and NA LD
Taxes in: $165

I can’t cancel; the house would riot if I cut off the internet. Based on what I’m reading here it sounds like I have to take what they’re offering since Bell wants $25 more a month for basically the same deal but 50u internet.

If anyone can offer a different tactic, I’m all ears. Just kind of bummed that as a customer for over 15 years, and having multiple mobile lines on top of the cable stuff, I’m getting such a poor deal compared to what others seem to be getting.
Nov 30, 2013
24 posts
9 upvotes
Guelph
HR613 wrote: I think I’ve hit the limit with Rogers. Called today on the pretense of asking what my early cancelation fees would be (my agreement expires next month), telling them I had a better offer from Bell (I don’t). Tried to schedule a cancellation but was told I could just call when I’m ready and they would cancel everything at once. The rep “tried” to see if I could get anything better but said I have “the best they can offer”. I posted it earlier this week but here it is again:

150u internet
Premiere TV with PVR and one additional box
Home phone with 6 features and NA LD
Taxes in: $165

I can’t cancel; the house would riot if I cut off the internet. Based on what I’m reading here it sounds like I have to take what they’re offering since Bell wants $25 more a month for basically the same deal but 50u internet.

If anyone can offer a different tactic, I’m all ears. Just kind of bummed that as a customer for over 15 years, and having multiple mobile lines on top of the cable stuff, I’m getting such a poor deal compared to what others seem to be getting.
Don't call in. Use Facebook Chat. It takes longer, but they have better offers.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1862 posts
882 upvotes
Markham
I got the 500mbps deal today for $65+tax for internet only since I don't need cable tv. Pretty happy with this pricing!
Last edited by myinglin0318 on Feb 22nd, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 1, 2016
89 posts
81 upvotes
Just got off facebook chat after complaining about recent deal I got for 150U for $79.99/month tax in which was going to jump to $88.00 a month after price increase. Was first offered 75mbps and 500gb limit for $72.31/month tax included I threatened to leave rogers and shop around. Was then offered 150U for $76.83/month tax included guaranteed savings for 12 months and this is after 8$/month increase so I guess old price was $59.99/month not as good as condo offers everyone is getting but will do for now, will just have to wait and see what student offers come out this year.
Feb 27, 2014
137 posts
16 upvotes
I'm paying almost $180 after taxes for 100u, digital plus and local home phone. Bundle expired yesterday(Feb/22) and I'm wondering what my options are. Don't really care about cable since we only watch a few channels and local home phone is fine. The Internet is the only service I really care about. I would obviously like the Ignite 500u $38/Gigabit $48 deal, but it says it's for new customers. Is combo deal 2 on the front page the only deal I might even qualify for? K-W area if that makes any difference.
May 6, 2007
50 posts
6 upvotes
Chicoman1 wrote: Don't call in. Use Facebook Chat. It takes longer, but they have better offers.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've been off Facebook for years, so forgive my ignorance. Just created an account again. Found a link to "send a message" on the Rogers company page (on Facebook). Do I just send a message there and wait for their reply (it says it can take an hour)? Or is there a specific Facebook chat method I'm supposed to use?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
HR613 wrote: Thanks for the suggestion.

I've been off Facebook for years, so forgive my ignorance. Just created an account again. Found a link to "send a message" on the Rogers company page (on Facebook). Do I just send a message there and wait for their reply (it says it can take an hour)? Or is there a specific Facebook chat method I'm supposed to use?
Yep, just have to wait for their reply.
May 6, 2007
50 posts
6 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: Yep, just have to wait for their reply.
Thanks for confirming. Now I just wait. Wonder how long it'll take (just passed the 30min mark).
Jan 11, 2012
291 posts
45 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can take hours on FB, at least it's good you can leave it and reply later too if you are busy.
Apr 1, 2009
453 posts
249 upvotes
GTA
blio200017954237 wrote: My 24 month term is coming to an end with Rogers soon. I currently have VIP Cable & Ignite 100U Internet. I've been trying to keep a similar package and price. Unfortunately Rogers is unable to keep the bundle discounts on my VIP cable package, so its better that I change it. This is what I was offered and based on my experience, I think it's a pretty good. It's actually cheaper than what I was paying before and my internet is getting upgraded.

Premier Cable + Ignite 500U = $114.99 + Tax/month
Includes 1 HD Nextbox 3.0 Rental & New Gigabit Modem.

Regular package price before discount was $212.48/month. So the total discount is $97.49/month

Anyone offered anything more competitive for these services? Either with a lower price or better value?
Who did you call/contact and is this price guaranteed or not?

I have the exact same package (VIP Cable + Ignite 100U Internet guaranteed for 2 years). It is about to expire and I'm looking for options before I call.

Thank you!
Sep 26, 2007
701 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Would like to know as well as my package expires end of March.
They offered me Ignite 150 + Premier Cable with 1 HD nextBox rental = $132 tax included.
Olbi wrote: Who did you call/contact and is this price guaranteed or not?

I have the exact same package (VIP Cable + Ignite 100U Internet guaranteed for 2 years). It is about to expire and I'm looking for options before I call.

Thank you!
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes
seafish wrote: Cancelled my 60U for $50/m and got 500U for $38/m for my wife. Thanks.
Yeah, I did exactly the same thing (cancelled my current Rogers Extreme internet sub for $45/month and getting the 500U for $38 for 2 years installed next week under my GF's name).

The loyalty department is a joke, the best offer they could do was $79.99/month for 500U internet, over double the price.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside

Thank you!
no deals are price guaranteed ...only savings guaranteed
Apr 1, 2009
453 posts
249 upvotes
GTA
zaidyboy wrote: no deals are price guaranteed ...only savings guaranteed
Of course! :) This is what I meant. Thank you!
Feb 21, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote

Thank you!

Hi, I was on the phone for over an hour. Had to get through to relations to get this. Yea it's guaranteed. I already received the contract and it looks correct. It wasn't available in early Feb as they were only offering me ignite 150U for more money. So maybe a new discount code was available for the ignite 500U.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)