Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Mar 2, 2002
439 posts
39 upvotes
Called and cancelled yesterday and received a call back from a rogers ambassador a few hours later offering a worse deal than I was offered originally. about $40.oo/month more for cable and internet. See ya Rogers!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
Anyone gone through this insanity yet? I contacted Rogers last month because my promo plan was about to expire. Rep offered a new deal which I took. Now my account is not showing the new deal and they are trying to charge me full price. I've contacted Rogers and the rep claims that the new promotion was never applied and they no longer have deals for that internet speed (LOL) so I'm SOL. Rogers is so slimy. This has never happened before so it's obvious they are doing this because of the pandemic and the fact that they know everyone is so desperate to have internet. He's trying to up sell me to a more expensive plan.

Is there any specific phone number or email I should contact about this? This really isn't right when I have a confirmation email for the promotion and everything.
Feb 28, 2017
26 posts
26 upvotes
Waterloo
Was on Ignite 500 for $46, my promo just expired and the bill went up to $110
After a quick call (asking to cancel) got upgraded to Gigabit for $54 .
I wanted to keep my old speeds, hoping for a lower price, but the rep said they had not discount for 500mbps.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2873 posts
2823 upvotes
Ottawa
MEGNDEV wrote: Hi there, you said use FaceBook messenger - who do we chat with? Is there a Rogers page that responds to Facebook messenger queries? Please let me know...thanks in advance!
You can use twitter as well. They used to be popular because they used to have to access to better deals than the Rogers' website chat or phone but now looks like all of them are the same.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA
strippedaway wrote: Anyone gone through this insanity yet? I contacted Rogers last month because my promo plan was about to expire. Rep offered a new deal which I took. Now my account is not showing the new deal and they are trying to charge me full price. I've contacted Rogers and the rep claims that the new promotion was never applied and they no longer have deals for that internet speed (LOL) so I'm SOL. Rogers is so slimy. This has never happened before so it's obvious they are doing this because of the pandemic and the fact that they know everyone is so desperate to have internet. He's trying to up sell me to a more expensive plan.

Is there any specific phone number or email I should contact about this? This really isn't right when I have a confirmation email for the promotion and everything.
email their ombudsman, include a copy of confirmation email. ombudsman@rci.rogers.com

I recently emailed about a different issue and received a response the next day
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
Kfox wrote: email their ombudsman, include a copy of confirmation email. ombudsman@rci.rogers.com

I recently emailed about a different issue and received a response the next day
Thanks, I will do that! We're they able to resolve your issue?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA
strippedaway wrote: Thanks, I will do that! We're they able to resolve your issue?
I emailed to tell them the all-customer price increase that was scheduled to take effect this month should be cancelled because of pandemic. The Ombubsman himself replied to me the next morning, said he would bring my concerns to senior management and thanked me for raising the issue. Later that day they issued a press release---the increase would be postponed until later this year.
Oct 21, 2013
305 posts
161 upvotes
waterloo, on
Got 500u for $56 all in today through fb chat. So promos still exist, you juat need good agents to pull them for you.
Serving Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph/London/Hamilton/Niagara and surrounding areas
Nov 18, 2008
113 posts
26 upvotes
Thornhill
Kfox wrote: I emailed to tell them the all-customer price increase that was scheduled to take effect this month should be cancelled because of pandemic. The Ombubsman himself replied to me the next morning, said he would bring my concerns to senior management and thanked me for raising the issue. Later that day they issued a press release---the increase would be postponed until later this year.
The actual increase or the stealth increase through removing the discounts?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA
tonyb wrote: The actual increase or the stealth increase through removing the discounts?
there was supposed to be a $4 increase each on TV and internet for all customers. they postponed those increases for everyone until later in the year--probably the fall
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3538 posts
876 upvotes
Don't be nosey
We should have a petition to stop the stealth increase and bring this directly to senior management!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2017
1579 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
strippedaway wrote: Anyone gone through this insanity yet? I contacted Rogers last month because my promo plan was about to expire. Rep offered a new deal which I took. Now my account is not showing the new deal and they are trying to charge me full price. I've contacted Rogers and the rep claims that the new promotion was never applied and they no longer have deals for that internet speed (LOL) so I'm SOL. Rogers is so slimy. This has never happened before so it's obvious they are doing this because of the pandemic and the fact that they know everyone is so desperate to have internet. He's trying to up sell me to a more expensive plan.

If you have email for the promotion in detail, then start the escalation process.
Apr 19, 2017
95 posts
199 upvotes
currently paying 94$ for all three services, was just quotes 127 for renewal but not with ignite. Would appreciate it if a rep could help me out. cheers!
Nov 23, 2014
481 posts
160 upvotes
East York, ON
has anyone cancelled in the last few days and got a winback? lookgin for ignite internet + tv at 120$ or less. currently on giggabit.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3538 posts
876 upvotes
Don't be nosey
oldspice wrote: has anyone cancelled in the last few days and got a winback? lookgin for ignite internet + tv at 120$ or less. currently on giggabit.
Nope, no winback after I cancelled for next month. Anyone have the winback number?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1189 posts
38 upvotes
Markham
Just extended for another year last night. Previous year was $136 for Premier TV, 300u internet and home phone. Home phone was cut so Premium and 300u remain for $113.
Aug 22, 2007
115 posts
6 upvotes
I don't get how some actually pay less than before. They're asking for more with Popular TV(plus Fairchild) and 300 internet at $134. Is it based on your location?
Nov 23, 2012
315 posts
81 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: Nope, no winback after I cancelled for next month. Anyone have the winback number?
I cancelled last month , they continue to pester me . Feel free to pester them back 1 866 816 0619

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)