Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Dec 23, 2001
150 posts
114 upvotes
thanks
I am happy with the $60-80 as it is cheaper than the posted rate
so fingers crossed

a rep reached out, and will see what happens
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3037 posts
576 upvotes
Mississauga
Cringeworthy wrote: Currently Paying 54 taxes included for 500u ignite with rogers which ends in march from what I'm reading through the forums it looks like I'm in for another song and dance routine with rogers. My plan exp. soon and have yet to receive any emails. I don't know or get why some users in this forum are stating they've been contacted through email with renewal offers for less than what they are currently paying and customers that has been with rogers 10-20+ years don't even get these offers? Are we being trolled about said offers? Can you folks that are making these claims gives us all some insight as to location and or your length of time with rogers also are you in a condo/home residence and what other providers might be in your area?
Doubt we're being trolled. It's the usual song and dance with Rogers. It depends if you're in a condo or new build where there's huge competition. You'll need to pitch an offer from Bell at Rogers and make it convincing. It's a real pain in the arse.
Sep 21, 2014
53 posts
17 upvotes
New customer looking for internet in N2R area. Any reps may reach out via PM! Currently with Fido's 50% off $75 150 mb. Already put in the cancellation for Feb.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3037 posts
576 upvotes
Mississauga
Cringeworthy wrote: I honestly think the "Cancel my service" only works with rogers for the first attempt as they know you haven't use that option to get a better price plan. If you've used that tactic already on them i think it comes down to them forcing higher pricing on you or simply play the "rogers chat/fb chat" cards until you get a agent that will swing you a better deal. alternatively I've spent hours on the phone and chat with them going back and forth until i got a price plan that was acceptable.
Go ahead and cancel. You know many times they hear this? Call their bluff and they'll call yours.

Don't like the offer, escalate. Eventually getting to the OotP. No guarantees you'll get a great deal there, either. That'll be a long fight.
Mar 4, 2020
21 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
nanoo777 wrote: Go ahead and cancel. You know many times they hear this? Call their bluff and they'll call yours.

Don't like the offer, escalate. Eventually getting to the OotP. No guarantees you'll get a great deal there, either. That'll be a long fight.
That's what I'm saying, IF you haven't cancelled or used the "CANCEL MY SERVICE" card with them depending on how long you've been with them they'll likely contact you with an email asking you to contact them. I know as I've told them to cancelled my service when my current package was up last year after spending hours on the phone/chat going back and forth they reached out with an email to contact them, this coming from a 25+ year customer with them but now my current plan exp in march and I'm hoping to get one of those "emails" everyone is talking about as i really don't want to go through the whole hour long chat with them about pricing.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
3037 posts
576 upvotes
Mississauga
Cringeworthy wrote: That's what I'm saying, IF you haven't cancelled or used the "CANCEL MY SERVICE" card with them depending on how long you've been with them they'll likely contact you with an email asking you to contact them. I know as I've told them to cancelled my service when my current package was up last year after spending hours on the phone/chat going back and forth they reached out with an email to contact them, this coming from a 25+ year customer with them but now my current plan exp in march and I'm hoping to get one of those "emails" everyone is talking about as i really don't want to go through the whole hour long chat with them about pricing.
I should've been more clear -- I agree with you 100% on that. If you play that card, you're done and can't expect any real help from them. In a similar boat here -- 25 year customer and got the whole runaround for the 15th year in a row. Didn't help that I was trying to lose multiple services at the same time.
Dec 23, 2001
150 posts
114 upvotes
had a rep contact me for $70 for 1Gb or $85 with cable
decent deal?
Jul 28, 2013
15 posts
6 upvotes
Saint John
Any reps can help out in NB? New customer looking for gigabit internet. Pm me please and thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4326 posts
424 upvotes
GTA
just had to cancel my service because they wouldnt give me another deal
May 30, 2015
354 posts
327 upvotes
alpovs wrote: It's your local problem. It's rare but it happens. Most people don't have this problem. You need to complain to Rogers regularly and ask your neighbors to do the same. Rogers will upgrade your area and you will be getting full speeds any time.
Here we go, finally a Rogers affiliate on the thread.
Instead of complaining and waiting forever for Rogers upgrade in my area, I’d rather downgrade to Fido 150, pay less and get at least around the speed that I am paying for. Can’t wait for Bell to pop up at L4E with their ftth solution to leave fidorogers for good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)