Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Feb 19, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Hello, new customer looking for new internet, please pm me offer, postal code L4K.
Mar 15, 2010
823 posts
209 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
jadephoenixx wrote: Did my annual song and dance with Rogers. I was able to get $45 off for a total of $131.20 with taxes for:

Ignite internet 500U
Ignite TV Flex 20 + Sports (had to change from Popular TV)
Home phone with local calling (no long distance)
12 months free Disney+

Located in Ajax, ON.

May have been able to do better with Winback but, honestly, didn't want to go through the hassle.

Good luck everyone! See you next year
Which department did you talk to?
May 4, 2014
11 posts
5 upvotes
Vanier, ON
New customer, looking for internet (1G or 500u). Ottawa K1T.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Which department did you talk to?
jadephoenixx wrote: I went through FB messenger
Probably worth the extra 10 minutes of time to cancel first. You'll save at least $10/month ($120 over 1 year).
Nov 9, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
I asked and they stated they have no agreement with Bell or Rogers. It is a new build of apartment rentals.
Sep 28, 2011
32 posts
5 upvotes
London, ON
Helped my neighbour reduce his bill from $201.78 -> $131.08 Taxes included ($178.99 -> $116) via Winback. On 11/3 set cancel day for 11/17. Called Winback yesterday to negotiate the above pricing.

Former Plan
Ignite Popular TV + 150 Unlimited
- 2 add'l receivers + $6 cost for 2 channels

New Plan
Ignite TV Flex 20+ Sports, 500 Unlimited
- 2 add'l receivers ($8ea) + $2 for additional channel

Jun 14, 2014
151 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
New customer looking for internet. Please ping me if you have any.
Apr 29, 2012
430 posts
435 upvotes
chimaican wrote: @VivienM

The only reason why I haven't cut the cable yet is because of my MIL. She has to have her Chinese Fairchild TV, no compromise. Under the old VIP, Fairchild is included in the package, but if I switch to any of Rogers other plans, bye bye, Fairchild is now an extra add-on. So even if I were to want to go to Ignite in a bundle (which I don't bc I own my boxes), it would ultimately end up costing more after I add back Fairchild.
Same. Own my boxes, and from what I understand, you cannot buy the IPTV boxes, rental only, and each additional box is $10! Not a fixed price, that is subject to increase when ever they like. But going to your other issue, forgive me if I am out of line for asking, but if MIL is the only one on fairchild, can you ask her to pay her share? Might help your cost. Not that I want you to switch off of cable, but if you were force too then maybe she can help out?
Last edited by rfduser199 on Nov 12th, 2021 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
rfduser199 wrote: But going to your other issue, forgive me if I am out of line for asking, but if MIL is the only one on fairchild, can you ask her to pay her share? Might help your cost. Not that I want you to switch off of cable, but if you were force too then maybe she can help out?
No not rude at all. I choose to pay it as it's the least I can do. She does a lot around the house, and helps a lot taking care of the kids. Of course, if I could get Rogers to charge less, then that's the way to go.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm guessing nothing good in terms of internet/phone/TV packages? Managed to get a great deal last year, but the deal is expiring. Would've loved keeping the current plan at that same price, but now all the promos are running out and nothing to replace them.

Don't want a new package, just good price.

Premier TV + 500U internet + home phone.
Dec 27, 2013
664 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
dxbender wrote: I'm guessing nothing good in terms of internet/phone/TV packages? Managed to get a great deal last year, but the deal is expiring. Would've loved keeping the current plan at that same price, but now all the promos are running out and nothing to replace them.

Don't want a new package, just good price.

Premier TV + 500U internet + home phone.
Got $114.95+ tax for Gigabit + Premier (or equivalent) + home phone, and 4 boxes, which was $10 cheaper than what my expiring promo was. Just have to call a few times and hope you get the right retention rep, thankfully I didn't have to cancel all services and wait for winback which is what I had called to do. Though I guess I won't know for sure until the bill comes in.
Nov 23, 2017
811 posts
549 upvotes
Does the number for Rogers winback also apply to Fido customers? If not, what's the Fido winback number I can call? I got a missed call from 437 886 3315 after scheduling a cancellation for Fido home internet a week out, googling this number shows it to be from Rogers winback team apparently. Can't call the number back, goes straight to message. Haven't gotten a call since and internet is cancelling in two days. Any suggestions appreciated on how to reach Fido winback.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8457 posts
4458 upvotes
Canuckland
Is anyone’s internet going up again by $4 in January?
Jun 21, 2003
489 posts
359 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Is anyone’s internet going up again by $4 in January?
Everyone's. I did my cancel song and dance and was offered 300u for $39.99 which is what I've been paying but it goes up to 44.99 in Jan 2022....

Bell just ran FTTH in my neighborhood so now I'm waiting for a door to door rep to offer me something good Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
Pbc100 wrote: Got $114.95+ tax for Gigabit + Premier (or equivalent) + home phone, and 4 boxes, which was $10 cheaper than what my expiring promo was. Just have to call a few times and hope you get the right retention rep, thankfully I didn't have to cancel all services and wait for winback which is what I had called to do. Though I guess I won't know for sure until the bill comes in.
What's the number to call in this scenario since it's not a winback call being made?
Apr 4, 2018
49 posts
13 upvotes
That is a good price. Did you cancel via phone and how long did it take to get a call back. $4/month plus increases on cable and home phone is crazy with no noticeable improvement in service. Way beyond the rate of inflation.

I've used twitter chat in the past as I don't use Facebook. I literally only have the twitter account to haggle with Rogers.
Mar 15, 2010
823 posts
209 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
dxbender wrote: What's the number to call in this scenario since it's not a winback call being made?
Probably "Cancel service" from Rogers menu,
trick is to get " right retention rep"!!
Most just put you on hold for 10 min and talk to another customer and come back saying sorry I don't have any promo!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7545 posts
6814 upvotes
rfduser199 wrote: Same. Own my boxes, and from what I understand, you cannot bye the IPTV boxes, rental only, and each additional box is $10! Not a fixed price, that is subject to increase when ever they like.
We owned a NB3.0 (was free via rent-to-own, in which rogers waived the rental fee each month), but sold it back to Rogers for $50 or $100 (I can't remember) when they were trying to convert people to Ignite. The modem rental is included for free in most (all?) retention/winback plans, so rental is a non-issue for most.

Honestly, the ignite TV experience is so much better than the digital box. Our Ignite TV + internet is cheaper than the digital cable. But, once you go Ignite you can't ever revert to Digital..so, need to make sure it works in your situation.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
chimaican wrote: No not rude at all. I choose to pay it as it's the least I can do. She does a lot around the house, and helps a lot taking care of the kids. Of course, if I could get Rogers to charge less, then that's the way to go.
I'm in the same boat as you. Only have Digital TV at the home for the in-laws. Need the uninterrupted international channels.

I know "grey market" IPTV is all the rage these days, but if spending an extra $20-$30/month to ensure her TV shows aren't freezing or unavailable when she wants to sit down and watch after taking care of my son all day is the least I can do (not to mention the other 3 grandkids she watched before they started school).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)