Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Sep 9, 2005
842 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
edgarb wrote: For Internet I would strongly consider 3web/Tek savvy for internet, I made the switch years ago and I pay 44 tax in for 28mbps down, 1 up - unlimited , and NO haggling every year upon renewal for that great price
I don't understand Teksavvy's different price points. When I put in my postal code, for 28 down, 2 up unlimited it's $70 tax in. I'm thinking of Vmedia pending a few more reviews.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Salinger wrote: I don't understand Teksavvy's different price points. When I put in my postal code, for 28 down, 2 up unlimited it's $70 tax in. I'm thinking of Vmedia pending a few more reviews.
Even at TS's lower prices, vmedia often beats/meets them. Their $40 cable internet plan is unlimited 25Mbps up/2Mbps down, so $1 more with taxes that eggarb pays with twice the upload speed but 3Mbps slower on download.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6472 posts
2364 upvotes
Mississauga
i do not have rogers internet...i only have rogers cable...

let me get this straight...

currently, they will only offer free pvr rental and 15% off....(my previous was free pvr and 25%)

so in order to get better, you need to cancel cable....since there is a 30 day notice....they will call you within 30 days to offer you something better?
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Ducky wrote: i do not have rogers internet...i only have rogers cable...

let me get this straight...

currently, they will only offer free pvr rental and 15% off....(my previous was free pvr and 25%)

so in order to get better, you need to cancel cable....since there is a 30 day notice....they will call you within 30 days to offer you something better?
You've got the idea. No guarantees they will call you, but they generally will (or email/snail mail). If they don't contact you, then you can always call them back close to the end of the 30 days and accept the 15% or you can spend the next month investigating alternatives like vmedia for TV.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6472 posts
2364 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks for the info...

i accepted the 15% off...for now...since there is no contract to it...

i will wait till the nhl playoffs are almost over and then i will call with my 30 days notice...=)

ceredon wrote: You've got the idea. No guarantees they will call you, but they generally will (or email/snail mail). If they don't contact you, then you can always call them back close to the end of the 30 days and accept the 15% or you can spend the next month investigating alternatives like vmedia for TV.
Apr 29, 2012
430 posts
435 upvotes
My basic cable promotion ended last month. It was 30%.
Now they will only give me 15%, but he stressed the difference is it is not a contract so if something better comes along I can switch.
Did I call to early? Will the promotions be better next week?
I hope it is not necessary to play chicken with them by cancelling like others have.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1162 posts
110 upvotes
rfduser199 wrote: My basic cable promotion ended last month. It was 30%.
Now they will only give me 15%, but he stressed the difference is it is not a contract so if something better comes along I can switch.
Did I call to early? Will the promotions be better next week?
I hope it is not necessary to play chicken with them by cancelling like others have.
+1 have the same question
Jan 15, 2011
485 posts
280 upvotes
Mississauga
My old deals term were due to be over, so I called, and they would only give me the 15%. Forget it! So I called the next day, and let them know I was turning in my 30 day cancellation notice, and they offered the 20% off for cable and Internet. I said no thanks, and they put me on hold. Came back with 30%, on both cable and internet, free PVR, free TMN upgrade channels, so I took it :)
Aug 1, 2012
249 posts
22 upvotes
BC
petitallegra wrote: My old deals term were due to be over, so I called, and they would only give me the 15%. Forget it! So I called the next day, and let them know I was turning in my 30 day cancellation notice, and they offered the 20% off for cable and Internet. I said no thanks, and they put me on hold. Came back with 30%, on both cable and internet, free PVR, free TMN upgrade channels, so I took it :)
Good for you....
Jan 4, 2005
69 posts
8 upvotes
Brampton
petitallegra wrote: My old deals term were due to be over, so I called, and they would only give me the 15%. Forget it! So I called the next day, and let them know I was turning in my 30 day cancellation notice, and they offered the 20% off for cable and Internet. I said no thanks, and they put me on hold. Came back with 30%, on both cable and internet, free PVR, free TMN upgrade channels, so I took it :)
Is it on a contract?

My old deal was 50% off internet and 35% off cable and I have about a week left. I am going to call as well.
May 24, 2011
5 posts
OTTAWA
I just called from Ottawa. I had 30% off my internet with a free modem (4$) AND 20% off my Digital Plus Cable with a free PVR (24.95$)

I was only offered 15% off each service and free modem and PVR.

I elected to cancel and see what happens. I was put on hold then when the agent came back, he said I needed to return their equipment within the next 35 days.

Let's hope I get a call or email....
Oct 25, 2008
71 posts
1 upvote
I put my cancellation on in 18 days ago and so far no call, email or snail mail. I really didn't want to switch but they may force me to.
Mar 1, 2008
645 posts
31 upvotes
maggie88ca wrote: I put my cancellation on in 18 days ago and so far no call, email or snail mail. I really didn't want to switch but they may force me to.
They called me after I cancelled and asked why I'm switching I said its because u can't extend the discount for cable and Internet that I'm currently getting which is 50% off of Internet and 30% off cable they then tried to sell on something else
Badically I cut the woman off and said" look it's a done deal I'm already signed up with tek savy do unless I can extend the current offer we have nothing to discuss" and she hung up. Hasta la vista Rogers !
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Sparkyfry wrote: Yes sir
Yeah, even at retail pricing you guys get much better than our best Retentions plans.
Aug 25, 2008
599 posts
45 upvotes
Thought I would add my $0.02.

Last year when my internet discounts were over, I was ready to finally make the switch to TekSavvy. I called in to Rogers, and they reeled me back in with a 50% discount off internet, and free modem rental. Fine, sign me up for one more year.

Just called again and the best offer was 25% off the internet fee and 25% off the modem rental fee. I simply asked "And this is the best you can do?" and they said "Yes". I said "Thank you I'll be in touch" and instantly navigated to teksavvy.com to start shopping. Excited about finally making the switch.

Are people in the Ottawa area generally happy with TekSavvy? I've heard great things from friends, but some dodgy technical and customer service issues happen too I hear...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5895 posts
2731 upvotes
Markham
Paying $56 taxin right now on Ultimate. Called in this morning to renew. The best Robbers can do is $110 taxin :facepalm: Give them my 30 days :cheesygri

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)