Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7441 posts
891 upvotes
GTA
What would qualify as a 'new' customer? I'm assuming if we have any Rogers services we are not new customers? (we have internet 75/10 with Carrytel $34.99 per month/home phone with TekSavvy and very, very limited digital basic $20/month Rogers cable). Everything is in my name so I also wonder if putting services in my husband's name would make us new customers?

I'm just looking for a better internet package when a good deal becomes available. Home phone and cable aren't as important but would consolidate everything if it was worth it
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Jul 11, 2013
46 posts
36 upvotes
I'm looking for a field rep who can get me an internet deal for the 500U or Gigabit at <$40. Location is Thornhill/Vaughan (if that makes a difference). Service would be for a townhome location that is in a condo corp. I am a new Rogers customer, but have just set up my cable TV with them which is paid through the condo corp (no cost to myself).

thnx in advance
Jan 9, 2010
101 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Someone approached me with decent deals for home internet, but he is asking for DOB and Photo ID which I can't share. How do you guys deals with field agents. How do they set up your account?
Jun 15, 2017
142 posts
61 upvotes
aresham wrote: Someone approached me with decent deals for home internet, but he is asking for DOB and Photo ID which I can't share. How do you guys deals with field agents. How do they set up your account?
Can't or won't? If your skeptical on the rep, ask for his name/workID then call rogers to confirm is the said person works for them to confirm his identity.
May 18, 2019
479 posts
160 upvotes
aresham wrote: Someone approached me with decent deals for home internet, but he is asking for DOB and Photo ID which I can't share. How do you guys deals with field agents. How do they set up your account?
Don't provide it if he doesn't prove he is a Rogers agent through corporate e-mail or phone number.
Jan 9, 2010
101 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you both very much. I'll ask him to see what he is responding. If he is legit, I'll sign up with him because his offers are very good. Al
Sep 2, 2016
542 posts
283 upvotes
maffu313 wrote: I'm looking for a field rep who can get me an internet deal for the 500U or Gigabit at <$40. Location is Thornhill/Vaughan (if that makes a difference). Service would be for a townhome location that is in a condo corp. I am a new Rogers customer, but have just set up my cable TV with them which is paid through the condo corp (no cost to myself).

thnx in advance
Shouldn’t need a field rep for that. I’m in the Thornhill area, live in a condo where Rogers cable is included and was able to get 500mbps unlimited internet for $24.99
Jan 9, 2010
101 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Steve or Victor phone number please. Thanks
May 27, 2019
50 posts
18 upvotes
caddie444 wrote: Hi all,

I currently have 500U and Premier TV (non-ignite TV) and paying $126 taxes in per month (includes modem) I live in Toronto.

My promotion period is up in 2 weeks, so I called to see what they could do.

Was offered to keep the same package for $110 total per month.

Is this a good deal? Thanks
That is a very good deal, new customers generally pay as much if not slightly more for the same package
Jul 2, 2011
46 posts
17 upvotes
Thornhill
Hi. In Thornhill looking someone to contact for options to replace my Fido internet. Thanks.
Jul 11, 2013
46 posts
36 upvotes
Dmbpjfan wrote: Shouldn’t need a field rep for that. I’m in the Thornhill area, live in a condo where Rogers cable is included and was able to get 500mbps unlimited internet for $24.99
I inquired with Rogers via Live Chat and also visiting them in store, and was told the best offer for my area was $62.99+tax for 500U. Managed to get in touch with a field rep that was able to offer me something better (<$40) so I went with that for now. My in-laws need a better internet + tv plan coming up too, so I'll probably check back in a week or two to see if any other deals pop up.
Aug 8, 2018
68 posts
19 upvotes
maffu313 wrote: I inquired with Rogers via Live Chat and also visiting them in store, and was told the best offer for my area was $62.99+tax for 500U. Managed to get in touch with a field rep that was able to offer me something better (<$40) so I went with that for now. My in-laws need a better internet + tv plan coming up too, so I'll probably check back in a week or two to see if any other deals pop up.
Same, field sales agents usually have the best deals for new customers.
Apr 27, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hi , new customer Mt Pleasant/Eglinton looking for tv/internet , any reps that can help?
thank you
Mar 11, 2012
177 posts
40 upvotes
North York, ON
If there's a field sales rep that can do better than this, then I'll be happy to sign up as a new customer (I'm interested in 500u or Gigabit):
Ignite 150u for $34.99
Ignite 300u for $44.99
Ignite 500u for $49.99
Ignite Gigabit for $54.99
For 12 months with no activation fee or contract.
And if anyone signed up and received a better deal through a field sales rep, then please reach out to me so I can get in touch with them.

EDIT: I forgot to update this. I was contacted by a very helpful and friendly field sales rep. He took my address and offered me Ignite 500u for $37.99 without an activation fee or contract. The price is only good for 1 year. I talked with him on the phone, picked up my modem and went online the very same day. Y'all can PM me if you want his info. Just keep in mind that the deals are very likely depends on your address.
Last edited by Anaron on Jul 12th, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 3, 2007
330 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
dookiepants wrote: Currently have 500u and home phone for $45. Discount expires at the end of the month.

Called and chatted with rogers numerous times and finally landed at $39.99/month for 500u for another 12 months.

was about to switch to bell, but didnt need the additional services (bell 1.5 speed, better tv and home phone for $99/month * 24 months)
Does your new plan still have the land line? What features do you have for your phone?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

BengaliPrince, yyz64, kdhillon, moar23