Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Nov 22, 2022
1 posts
Hi! New customer currently with Bell, looking for TV & Internet. Located in Oshawa.

Feel free to PM - thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
1174 posts
170 upvotes
Hello,

New customer in Markham, area code L3R.
Looking for just internet!
Dec 19, 2017
6 posts
Hello!

Currently with Bell looking to switch to Rogers. 500 MBPS or gigabit internet only.

Located in Toronto. Area Code M6N
Apr 3, 2010
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Hello,
New customer Richmond Hill, L4E.
Looking for just internet!
Jul 7, 2018
162 posts
135 upvotes
GTA
Reporting back, I messaged rogers online chat regarding my second internet connection yesterday (L1Z area). I mentioned I wanted to cancel my existing service and they offered me 33.89 tax-in for 500u. Surprised that actually worked without doing the full cancellation dance. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jun 28, 2018
138 posts
213 upvotes
Markham
RogersisRobbers wrote: How is everyone with Rogers Digital TV, Internet and Home Phone doing? Are you guys able to get any legacy deals lately? Are there many legacy customers left?

I currently have the following, with discounts expiring in mid-December.

1) Premier Cable TV
2) Gigabit Internet
3) Home Phone with North American Long Distance
$153.65 a month including tax.
I have legacy deal popular tv, 300 internet, and canadawide home phone for 148.50 taxes in just renewed a month ago. However, channels are starting to stop working. I called in for tech support and they sent a guy in that said he can't find anything wrong and that it is probably going to continue happening until I switch to ignite.

The message I get on the channels that aren't working is, "LOADING. One moment please. This program may shut down momentarily. Press any key to continue watching TV"

Have you experienced any channels doing this?
Jun 22, 2020
22 posts
11 upvotes
Xdlikeme wrote: I have legacy deal popular tv, 300 internet, and canadawide home phone for 148.50 taxes in just renewed a month ago. However, channels are starting to stop working. I called in for tech support and they sent a guy in that said he can't find anything wrong and that it is probably going to continue happening until I switch to ignite.

The message I get on the channels that aren't working is, "LOADING. One moment please. This program may shut down momentarily. Press any key to continue watching TV"

Have you experienced any channels doing this?
No never seen that before. I have problems with my internet on the other hand. I get intermittent disconnections like a million times in a day. They are frustrating us to move to Ignite. That's how I feel.
Oct 23, 2020
13 posts
9 upvotes
New Customer in Toronto, M4L, currently with Bell

Looking for TV and Internet (1 Gbps +)
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1951 posts
388 upvotes
I am new customer got offered by Rogers.. Installation on Saturday.

Ignite Internet + Streaming .
Month-to-Month
Description:
Internet
- Ignite Internet 500 - Ultd
- Unlimited monthly usage
- Download speeds up to 500Mbps
- Rogers Ignite Modem rental
Video
- Ignite Streaming
- All-in-one search
- Voice remote
- Includes Equipment Rental

$34.99 / 12 month. + $100 bill credit.
Last edited by leadersuper699 on Nov 25th, 2022 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
5 lines Telus Unlimited 75 CAN-US $30/line, 3 x tablet lines $0. 4 x Visual Voicemail $0. 2 x Samsung Watch5 Pro $0 with $10/m watch plan
Sep 19, 2013
45 posts
8 upvotes
Richmond Hill
put a cancellation note, 3 days later called ZEDD, said i missed their call, got offered $50+tax for 1GB unlimited.
Feb 25, 2020
111 posts
183 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
New customer switching from Bell, just signed up today with Rogers for the following plan:
$89/month guaranteed pricing for 2 years
1 Gbps internet
Flex 5 ignite TV.
6 months Disney plus
$200 bill credit
Dec 30, 2006
193 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Not an existing customer:

I’ve just been offered 1 Gbps for $75 per month with a $100 credit. Either on a 24 month contract with installation or on a month-to-month contract without installation.

How does that sound, is it worth trying to haggle for a better deal?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2822 posts
1201 upvotes
VaVaVoom6 wrote: New customer switching from Bell, just signed up today with Rogers for the following plan:
$89/month guaranteed pricing for 2 years
1 Gbps internet
Flex 5 ignite TV.
6 months Disney plus
$200 bill credit
How did you get this? Did you call Rogers directly?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2822 posts
1201 upvotes
mojojojo911 wrote: $103+tax for:

1) Premier Cable TV
2) Gigabit Internet
This is great deal. Does price increase after a year? Did you get disney+ thrown in?

On phone now best they can do is premier tv, 500u and Disney+ for 1yr @105+tax
Feb 25, 2020
111 posts
183 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
iamdman wrote: How did you get this? Did you call Rogers directly?
Yup just called the number on their website
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2822 posts
1201 upvotes
iamdman wrote: This is great deal. Does price increase after a year? Did you get disney+ thrown in?

On phone now best they can do is premier tv, 500u and Disney+ for 1yr @105+tax
Well that is lost, rep transferred me said he added notes and new rep I was transferred to says she can't find any notes and the other rep is wrong no such deal exists, thx Rogers for wasting 2hrs of my time
Oct 10, 2011
3 posts
NORTH YORK
New customer. Looking for an internet 1Gbps package. Current Bell customer.

Please PM on the deals. Postal code L4Z

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)