[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2020 2:51 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18039 posts
25137 upvotes
ONTARIO
mkannuri wrote: Just an update, i called again as the speeds are below 500u on all our phones and laptops (square one) and downgraded to 500u for $39.99 taxes in instead of 1Gb for $49.99 taxes in that i got few weeks back.

so still these plans are available for existing customers
They wouldn't give me the 500 for $39.99, said the cheapest they could do was $86 or something like that. Yet they could renew my gigabit internet at $49.99. Very strange how 1gb is cheaper than 500mb
Nov 27, 2003
913 posts
363 upvotes
I just did the Rogers chat thing. My $32.99 / 1000u was expiring in Feb. I was offered $49.99 / 1000u and I took it. 500u was more expensive. Anyways, it's not a contract, so if something better comes along, I can switch. Damn, that 1000u for $29.99 was a hell of a deal. RIP.
Feb 10, 2019
6 posts
Anyone else inquired about any Rogers Gigabit deals in Mississauga? Mine expires in March as well. I have $32.99 plan for Gigabit as of now. They already increased once in Sep from 29.99 to 32.99.

As per previous responses, if best you can get is $49.99 for 1000u from Rogers, I might have to switch to Bell for $49.99 for Fibe 50 considering Bell is Fibre atleast and will possibly give exact speed unlike Rogers who barely gives 150 - 400 download (as per fast.com) on gigabit connection via wifi depending on the room i am in. And that is after the fact I bought external router from Costco as i did not even get 100 with their own Rogers router even being on Gigabit internet.

I live in a Condo. So as per bell, Fibe 50 should be more than enough. But it still feels weird and skeptical to think about switching from Rogers 1000u to Bell fibe 50, even though one is Fibre and other is not. Does this make sense to anyone else?
Nov 27, 2003
913 posts
363 upvotes
SalilG73821 wrote: Anyone else inquired about any Rogers Gigabit deals in Mississauga? Mine expires in March as well. I have $32.99 plan for Gigabit as of now. They already increased once in Sep from 29.99 to 32.99.

As per previous responses, if best you can get is $49.99 for 1000u from Rogers, I might have to switch to Bell for $49.99 for Fibe 50 considering Bell is Fibre atleast and will possibly give exact speed unlike Rogers who barely gives 150 - 400 download (as per fast.com) on gigabit connection via wifi depending on the room i am in. And that is after the fact I bought external router from Costco as i did not even get 100 with their own Rogers router even being on Gigabit internet.

I live in a Condo. So as per bell, Fibe 50 should be more than enough. But it still feels weird and skeptical to think about switching from Rogers 1000u to Bell fibe 50, even though one is Fibre and other is not. Does this make sense to anyone else?
I was in the exact same boat. I stuck with Rogers for simplicity sake. Now if Bell had a $29.99 deal, that would probably be worth switching over for. Fair to say the wifi spreads with the Rogers gigabit router/modem aren't that great. You could always hook up a mesh network to improve it.
Feb 10, 2019
6 posts
Bell would never have 29.99 deal they know their fibre Internet is far more superior than Rogers. But do you think that Fibe 50 from Bell is worth switching from Rogers gigabit Internet considering they are both 49.99 now and the fact that bell offer Fibre for that price even tho speed is 20 times less? Plus bell is true to speed whereas Rogers barely gives what it’s supposed to. Hence the crazy discounted plans.
Feb 6, 2020
1 posts
I am currently with rogers with 500mb and paying $90, did a live chat and she could only do the same thing for another year. so I scheduled a cancellation date. Anyone have any advice to get a better deal. Also i and located in Vaughan Woodbridge area.
Mar 6, 2006
680 posts
425 upvotes
GTA
Just a short update, hopefully, helps someone here.
I had an Ignite Gigabit for $42.99+tax ending in a few days and connected the support by chat.
They offered me the same for $49.99+tax per month for 12 months and no contract.
Didn't try to negotiate and accepted.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2899 posts
796 upvotes
Toronto
Midav wrote: Just a short update, hopefully, helps someone here.
I had an Ignite Gigabit for $42.99+tax ending in a few days and connected the support by chat.
They offered me the same for $49.99+tax per month for 12 months and no contract.
Didn't try to negotiate and accepted.
Make sure that you don't get dinged with the $4 increase in April
Sep 11, 2009
91 posts
52 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
GSD wrote: Make sure that you don't get dinged with the $4 increase in April
In my case, I have $27.99+tax/month 500 for 2 addresses and will get bumped to $44.99 in March when current promo expires. And they told me about the "$3" increase which will put me in $47.99 on April. I saved all chat transcripts and confirmation numbers for record.
Sep 11, 2009
91 posts
52 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Harru72 wrote: I am currently with rogers with 500mb and paying $90, did a live chat and she could only do the same thing for another year. so I scheduled a cancellation date. Anyone have any advice to get a better deal. Also i and located in Vaughan Woodbridge area.
From my experience, cancelling and waiting for a call back from Rogers seems to land you a really good deal. Last year, Two years ago, I ended up with $24.99+HST/month 500 speed for 2 addresses after I got a call back from Rogers 3 days after I cancelled to go with Bell. My advice is to look elsewhere, and I think there are better and cheaper alternatives than paying $90 for an internet.
Aug 28, 2014
97 posts
85 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
New customer in Brampton. Looking to sign up for home internet. Just basic internet good enough for streaming Netflix. Pls pm me.
Feb 24, 2012
201 posts
51 upvotes
TORONTO
I was on 500M for $25 a month for a year. Tried to extend three times through live chat but the best they offered was $50 plus tax for the same service. So finally I called to cancel and they offered me the same service for $40 plus tax that I took. I guess I just have to keep my eyes open to see when their $25-30 promo comes back. I don’t really need such high speeds, so I would be perfectly happy getting 150M for $25-30.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1373 posts
268 upvotes
Mississauga
sanam79er wrote: I was on 500M for $25 a month for a year. Tried to extend three times through live chat but the best they offered was $50 plus tax for the same service. So finally I called to cancel and they offered me the same service for $40 plus tax that I took. I guess I just have to keep my eyes open to see when their $25-30 promo comes back. I don’t really need such high speeds, so I would be perfectly happy getting 150M for $25-30.
I was in the same boat and got the same $40 offer and accepted and still looking out as the speeds really does not impact my usage of netflix/amazon prime videos
Feb 5, 2013
147 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Just did the live chat to see if they could extend my 29.99 for another year. I got the 500u for 44.99 for 12 months. Since they know a lot of ppl will be calling in about another year, maybe something better will pop up.
Feb 10, 2019
6 posts
Can someone answer this for me?

Once you submit a cancellation request to Rogers and decline the best offer they are giving; and if you dont get a call back from Rogers giving something better, is there a way to say Yes to the best offer they were originally giving or NO?

I Want to know this before i submit my cancel request.