Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 3:14 pm
May 18, 2019
747 posts
363 upvotes
SalilG73821 wrote: Can someone answer this for me?

Once you submit a cancellation request to Rogers and decline the best offer they are giving; and if you dont get a call back from Rogers giving something better, is there a way to say Yes to the best offer they were originally giving or NO?

I Want to know this before i submit my cancel request.
Ask for an interaction ID to make sure that the offer is documented on your account.
Feb 10, 2019
6 posts
Another question,

I intend to try the “Cancel plan - winback call” approach.

If my cancellation request is done today and i ask for it to be effective on last day my current promotion expires, which is on March 15, will i get the Win back offer call from Rogers BEFORE March 15 or AFTER?

Coz if it is after 15th, then unfortunately I will have to sign up with Bell or someone else beforehand to ensure I have some internet plan after 15th which i really dont intend to do.

The whole point of this approach is to squeeze out a better deal from Rogers, ideal would be them renewing my existing plan, i.e $32.99 + tax for Gigagbit, which seems highly unlikely at this point since the best offer Rogers is giving me now so far is $49.99 + tax for Gigabit, which is quite high in comparison.

Please confirm.
Sep 11, 2009
98 posts
59 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
SalilG73821 wrote: Another question,

I intend to try the “Cancel plan - winback call” approach.

If my cancellation request is done today and i ask for it to be effective on last day my current promotion expires, which is on March 15, will i get the Win back offer call from Rogers BEFORE March 15 or AFTER?

Coz if it is after 15th, then unfortunately I will have to sign up with Bell or someone else beforehand to ensure I have some internet plan after 15th which i really dont intend to do.

The whole point of this approach is to squeeze out a better deal from Rogers, ideal would be them renewing my existing plan, i.e $32.99 + tax for Gigagbit, which seems highly unlikely at this point since the best offer Rogers is giving me now so far is $49.99 + tax for Gigabit, which is quite high in comparison.

Please confirm.
When I did this last year, they called me before my requested date of cancellation, which was 2-3 days after I told them that I want to cancel and set the date of cancellation.
Feb 10, 2019
6 posts
Good to know. Thanks. I will be calling them today to cancel and hoping they call back soon with better deal.
Apr 16, 2017
27 posts
27 upvotes
New customer in the Markham area. Any reps please PM. Thanks
Oct 20, 2006
990 posts
215 upvotes
Waterloo
Called and was offered $67.79 tax in for the Gigabit unlimited. The price is $13 per month more. Any better deals?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3761 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
I currently have $25 for 500u. Expires in 3 weeks.

Tried FB chat and Rogers Online Chat. Both offered $48 + tax as best deal for 500u.

Will try calling and see if they can do better.
Dec 30, 2017
458 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
Looking for Internet in Ajax area. Currently with CannetTel. Any reps please PM me.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1221 posts
203 upvotes
Stouffville
I'm in Stouffville

Just wondering I believe currently it will end in June (paying 32.99 for 300)

Any deals?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12612 posts
3409 upvotes
Scarberia
did you guys pricing went up? mine went from 40$ to 45$! plus tx = over 50$

#robbers
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 7, 2017
559 posts
253 upvotes
had to call rogers as my gigabit was ending on the 17th of this month.
first offer was gigabit for $71.99 /month...ask to be put through to cancellations dept. were he right away tried to keep me and offered gigabit for $52.99/month.

this was coming off Gigabit for $24.99/month,...obviously not going to get that deal again, so might take the new offer..
Nov 15, 2015
11 posts
5 upvotes
North York, ON
put cancellation request and call them. They offered me 39.99+tax for ignite 150u that is $5 difference with the current bill. I took it since it's still cheaper than other provider.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1827 posts
1082 upvotes
Kitchener
cessnabmw wrote: I currently have $25 for 500u. Expires in 3 weeks.

Tried FB chat and Rogers Online Chat. Both offered $48 + tax as best deal for 500u.

Will try calling and see if they can do better.
Best I could get after a few chats and calls
Jan 6, 2018
78 posts
17 upvotes
Got last year $22.99 for internet 500u and 19.99 for Basic phone + 500 LD min. (+tax)

The phone was for 24 months but the internet package for 12 months, so yesterday I start chatted with Rogers, explain this was an offer from the Office of the President, and they told me to call to renewed the internet package:

1) CSR: no we can't do that, the only thing is removing $20 from the regular package

asked to be escalated to the Manager

2) Manager: I can remove another $10 but nothing else

explained this was the offer from the office of the president and, I asked to receive a call from them

3) Today I got a call, in less of 24 hrs, got $24.99 for 12 months, and they also told me of the April's increase ($4), so it will be $28.99.

Really good promo...next I need to call Fido for my 3GB plan...but this is another story.

Just my 2 cents.