[Rogers] Rogers Home Internet 1Gbps $29 for previous/current customers. YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 10:40 pm
Apr 8, 2015
158 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI, if someone can please confirm

I am on the 500U 24.99 plan from last year and I signed into My Rogers and selected the 1GB Promo 29.99 and it updated to this new plan Immediately. (Modem restarted)

I was hoping to continue on my 24.99 for another 1 or 2 months to finish it off and then start this new one however that doesn't seem to be the case.

It even changed my most recent bill (last month) from 28.24 incl tax to $32.88 which reflects the current price for a service I have only had 5 minutes.
Aug 24, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:10 pm
Nope, I can personally verify this is NOT the case ... absolutely no FTTH here at all (yet anyways).
I can personally verify that I have friends who work at Rogers especially in live chat and says this is the case? FTTH area customers have lucrative promotions. It's postal code specific and address as well. The promotion for ignite gigabit for $29.99 can also be given to customers who also have their deal soon to be expiring coming up and was paying a low rate for 500u or gigabit in the first place.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2127 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
kbwifey wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:19 pm
I can personally verify that I have friends who work at Rogers especially in live chat and says this is the case? FTTH area customers have lucrative promotions. It's postal code specific and address as well. The promotion for ignite gigabit for $29.99 can also be given to customers who also have their deal soon to be expiring coming up and was paying a low rate for 500u or gigabit in the first place.
Well, that is not exactly what your post stated that I commented on ... changing the facts afterward is sort of like contradicting yourself
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Aug 24, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:21 pm
Well, that is not exactly what your post stated that I commented on ... changing the facts afterward is sort of like contradicting yourself
I'm sorry. Can you read? Did I not say in my original post "It's actually not an excuse. The offer is provided for customers whose postal codes are also within Bell's FTTH which is why it's available to some and not others." I just gave you more details ON MY FACT.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1518 posts
1094 upvotes
Toronto
jamesdavid3 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:17 pm
FYI, if someone can please confirm

I am on the 500U 24.99 plan from last year and I signed into My Rogers and selected the 1GB Promo 29.99 and it updated to this new plan Immediately. (Modem restarted)

I was hoping to continue on my 24.99 for another 1 or 2 months to finish it off and then start this new one however that doesn't seem to be the case.

It even changed my most recent bill (last month) from 28.24 incl tax to $32.88 which reflects the current price for a service I have only had 5 minutes.
For me no changes as of yet. Someone else posted that they got an email confirmation stating that the new offer will start after the current deal end date.
Nov 11, 2014
36 posts
4 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Tried live chat; no popup in my account:

-Ignite Premier TV with one 4K box + internet 150U + a free home phone which will provide you with unlimited Canada home phone with 7 features (optional as it's free) for $149.99+tax for 12 months, no contract
-For Digital cable: Premier + internet 300U, which provides unlimited internet with a speed of 300mbps for $147.98+tax for 12 months, no contract
-150U with Premier TV there is an offer for $137.98+tax for 12 months
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13397 posts
1698 upvotes
Mississauga
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:10 pm
Nope, I can personally verify this is NOT the case ... absolutely no FTTH here at all (yet anyways).
Maybe not your street but maybe your region. Or planned area.
Mar 9, 2008
382 posts
54 upvotes
I chat on FB to inquire, For Digital cable: Premier + internet 500U, which provides unlimited internet with a speed of 500mbps for $107 including tax for 12 months, no contract.

Not sure if that is good?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2127 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
weedb0y wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:27 pm
Maybe not your street but maybe your region. Or planned area.
Not likely, in an older section of town where everything is buried just in the ground ... Bell indicated last year not likely anytime soon.
Rogers has a hard enough time finding their own lines.
Apr 8, 2015
158 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just talked to somone via chat and they said that anyone who has purchased this promo via this same method should have had this new promo immediately no matter how long is left on your current promo

It shouldn't wait until your current promotion has ended and then just start, its immediate.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1984 posts
474 upvotes
Gatineau
no go best they can do for me is $39 500u tax included... o well I'm too lazy to keep trying and accepted :(
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1343 posts
330 upvotes
haranzo wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:28 pm
I chat on FB to inquire, For Digital cable: Premier + internet 500U, which provides unlimited internet with a speed of 500mbps for $107 including tax for 12 months, no contract.

Not sure if that is good?
Not a bad deal but I think a better deal can be had. I have the same except Popular TV which is 1 tier down from Premier and I am paying $34 less - this also includes a PVR.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1343 posts
330 upvotes
Aracknid wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:45 pm
I have no idea how people get deals from Rogers like this. I've called 2 times in 2 weeks to 'cancel' if they don't match Bell's gigabit service available in my neighborhood to the house, and they insult me with ridiculous prices nowhere close to Bell's offer and have the nerve to tell me they'll also charge me for install (which bell is waving on a 2 year term). I've been a cable and internet customer for over 10 years (probably 20 for the cable) and tonight I'm stopping at the Bell store to set up everything with them. I'll be getting better stuff for way less. I have no idea why they treat their existing customers like crap. Oh well, guess I'll see what Bell's like for a few years. Sorry to vent, but this thread just poked me in a sensitive spot.
I feel your pain, but this is where you play their game and just switch every year or 2 when your promo is about to expire. Start scouting out by calling Bell early and ask them for deals and say you’re ready to switch front ROGERS. Bell will smell the blood and give you an initial offer, which you should deny and say that’s not good enough. More likely than not you will start receiving calls from Bell a couple days later trying to get your business with better deals, and Rogers may do the same if you put in a post dated cancelation. From there, choose the best deal that suits you :)
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2127 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
jamesdavid3 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 5:39 pm
I just talked to somone via chat and they said that anyone who has purchased this promo via this same method should have had this new promo immediately no matter how long is left on your current promo

It shouldn't wait until your current promotion has ended and then just start, its immediate.
Yes correct ... when I accepted the offer, about 30 minutes later our internet flickered off and on, then resumed which was very odd ... an internet speed test verified that my change had already occurred. Logging into Rogers showed that I was now on the Gigabyte plan instead of the 500u previously.
Oct 13, 2008
91 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
So I've been paying $82 a month for the Roger's ignite 150. Probably for the past 2-3 years. I've.been a customer with Roger's for as long as I can remember over 12yrs.

I tried to get the 1gb plan or even then 500 plan with out any luck. It reminded me of the time share sell. After you tell the first guy you want to cancel they send you over to the next guy higher up. Well, I put in my cancellation as well. Hopefully I get a call back.

Where do you live that you are able to get these deals? Anyone in Markham getting this price?