Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2021 2:29 pm
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
113 posts
88 upvotes

[Rogers] Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

Cancelled my rogers internet cause I set up bell fibe. Got a email from rogers with winback deal in less than 24 hours.

$53.99+tax

1GB speed
Images
  • B30CB184-C4DA-489C-810F-42D0C84D3673.jpeg
Last edited by I3arcode on Dec 7th, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
108 replies
Jul 22, 2012
420 posts
108 upvotes
Maple
really hate how you have to play these games with Rogers to get any sort of decent deal when your already a customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2476 posts
1786 upvotes
GTA
juvehab wrote: really hate how you have to play these games with Rogers to get any sort of decent deal when your already a customer.
Agree; but, Rogers is not the only one who does this trick. Unfortunately this seems to be a Canadian theme.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Feb 20, 2021
13 posts
10 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: Cancelled my rogers internet cause I set up bell fibe. Got a email from rogers with winback deal in less than 24 hours.

$53.99+tax

1GB speed
What offer made you switch to bell fibe? In my experience fibe is far superior to Rogers even if it is at a slightly lower speed.
Aug 13, 2019
816 posts
1315 upvotes
Rogers cuts out like crazy for us
Oct 15, 2011
166 posts
317 upvotes
Agreed, I think Rogers wiring are old now, i had way too many problems, very inconsistent service, switched to Bell few month back, speed and service is very consistent and good.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1456 posts
761 upvotes
Unfortunately, connectivity has too many issues that no price drop would make it worth going back to Rogers.
I3arcode wrote: Cancelled my rogers internet cause I set up bell fibe. Got a email from rogers with winback deal in less than 24 hours.

$53.99+tax

1GB speed
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1898 posts
945 upvotes
Toronto
Here we go again, the annual dance with rogers...

currently paying 47.98 taxes in for 500u.. hoping to just get the same for 1 more year.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
113 posts
88 upvotes
k0101v wrote: What offer made you switch to bell fibe? In my experience fibe is far superior to Rogers even if it is at a slightly lower speed.
I changed my mobility to bell, wanted to consolidate my services. Got a deal from bell so I left. Rogers is cheaper but I won’t lie, bell I find speed is more stable and I like the upload. Good for my cameras
Sep 15, 2015
986 posts
864 upvotes
Mooooonnn
[insert ah shit here we go again meme]

My plan expires next Mar need to do this dance again with Rogers. Sigh
Last edited by anshiren on Dec 7th, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Aug 19, 2019
249 posts
367 upvotes
This seems to be the norm with Rogers Ignite internet. I had a promo of Ignite Internet - 1 gbps for a year. My bill was supposed to be increased to 125$ plus taxes after the one year promo. Three weeks before my promo ended, called them and initiated a ancellation on the last day of my promo. Got a calll back from the winback/retention team the next day and they offered me 500 mbps for 49.99$ plus tax. Sure, it wasnt as good as the plan OP is getting but good enough for me. 500 mbps is plenty for home internet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6925 posts
3052 upvotes
Canuckland
juvehab wrote: really hate how you have to play these games with Rogers to get any sort of decent deal when your already a customer.
Time to move to another country? You gotta do that with every provider in Canada unless you enjoy being shafted
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5056 posts
1013 upvotes
for those doing renewal check your offers as well. I didnt have to do the retentions dance this year and they just offered me $49.99 for 500u (new ignite) + smartstreambox + free 12months disney plus. Typically the offers suck but YMMV as a few friends have various pricing offers on the same offer. But good for me to know that winback is also offering 49.99 for 500.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
113 posts
88 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Time to move to another country? You gotta do that with every provider in Canada unless you enjoy being shafted
It is really annoying though… honestly telco in Canada are just squeezing out every penny they can… they are just hoping you’re too lazy to call them or don’t want to wait in the long phone queue. The perfect customer is the ignorant one for them…
Oct 24, 2010
642 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
I suspect that they ran the math and this is the most profitable approach. Many people like yourself and myself hate 'playing these games', so many people just sign up and overpay because taking a day each year to switch is annoying.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)