Rogers

Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 4:28 pm
Oct 17, 2013
443 posts
253 upvotes
ogitrice wrote: I hope it's a mistake because it's a shit deal if not
Please share what you have or what a good deal might be...
Jun 28, 2013
247 posts
324 upvotes
my 500u 37.99 just expired

live chat offered 500u 59.99 turned it down

now I have to call and cancel then hopefully they counter with a 39.99-42.99 500u price.

this will be my 3rd year playing this game

started 500u 32.99
2nd year 500u 37.99
hopefully 500u 42.99 this year seems reasonable
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2468 posts
621 upvotes
I sent in my disconnect request a week ago for the end of this month. have not heard anything from them yet. If I leave, I won't be back. I have been with them since the [email protected] service.
King of the farm
Nov 30, 2016
266 posts
292 upvotes
Ontario
Great deal. Thanks for letting me know what to aim for when my yearly dance with Rogers comes up in February.
Jan 13, 2020
51 posts
49 upvotes
GB9797 wrote: my 500u 37.99 just expired

live chat offered 500u 59.99 turned it down

now I have to call and cancel then hopefully they counter with a 39.99-42.99 500u price.

this will be my 3rd year playing this game

started 500u 32.99
2nd year 500u 37.99
hopefully 500u 42.99 this year seems reasonable
I played the similar game for gigabit

2019 Gigabit for $40
2020 Gigabit $50
2021 500mbps 55

at renewal they didnt offer me anything below 70 for 500mbps, so cancelled it !!
Sep 6, 2014
131 posts
95 upvotes
DragOnT wrote: Agree; but, Rogers is not the only one who does this trick. Unfortunately this seems to be a Canadian theme.
I lived in the US for many years. Always had to play this game between AT&T and Verizon. May be it's a North American thing Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9436 posts
2929 upvotes
k0101v wrote: What offer made you switch to bell fibe? In my experience fibe is far superior to Rogers even if it is at a slightly lower speed.
True that. Once you experience fiber to the house, it's impossible to go back on copper wires. Even at a lower price, I wouldn't switch back to Rogers, and I had no issues with them in 15 years of service. I am sure Bell knows that too when I try to negotiate my upcoming pricing next year. Roger just needs to up their infrastructure.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Dec 26, 2008
344 posts
181 upvotes
Ottawa
so, for people with Bell, do you need to do the same trick every year to get a better price? I was offered a few time with Bell, but I never make the move so I danced with Rogers every year.
Feb 5, 2013
381 posts
368 upvotes
Toronto
Dancing with Rogers annually is a headache… I started with 29.99 ffs… now I’m at 39.99
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: True that. Once you experience fiber to the house, it's impossible to go back on copper wires. Even at a lower price, I wouldn't switch back to Rogers, and I had no issues with them in 15 years of service. I am sure Bell knows that too when I try to negotiate my upcoming pricing next year. Roger just needs to up their infrastructure.
Yeah I just switched to bell… I’m paying considerably more, $74.95+tax no modem or install fee 1gb down and 750mbs up and I am really feeling the speed difference. I didn’t go back to rogers even with this price.
Aymer wrote: so, for people with Bell, do you need to do the same trick every year to get a better price? I was offered a few time with Bell, but I never make the move so I danced with Rogers every year.
Yes you do… I just switched to bell and they said I need to call every year as the promo only last a year
Apr 22, 2019
34 posts
34 upvotes
What speeds are you good folks getting on the 500u? 800dl? Sucks to do this dance yearly really. I also do it for my folk's place with Fido. Just sticky the price and keep the contented customer. ffs.
Nov 27, 2016
380 posts
436 upvotes
m8x
I to had to play the annual price game with both Bell and Rogers for years, I went to Teksavvy and have not looked back. While they are not perfect and have recently increased their rates, they still have the best deal on high speed internet cable or slower DSL services. No fiber yet but I'm sure they're working on it.

They are great to work with and they don't send out surprise monster bills when "the promotion you were on has expired" and now you're on a regular plan. I can't believe they think this is a sustainable business model.

Those annual billing arguments I really don't miss.

Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 26, 2005
169 posts
52 upvotes
Aymer wrote: so, for people with Bell, do you need to do the same trick every year to get a better price? I was offered a few time with Bell, but I never make the move so I danced with Rogers every year.
I am planning to make the switch to bell after years of song and dance with Rogers.
Bell offered me 1 gbps for 49.99. (124.99-75.00). The 75.00 they offered was not time sensitive and permanently on my account (so they say), so no more yearly threat to cancel with Rogers. Obviously they said if regular price goes up, your price will go up.

Added $10 dollars for fibre tv + 1 year of crave.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2574 posts
2048 upvotes
I cancelled my internet since they weren't willing to give me any discounts anymore, despite having Fibre competition from Bell. Still waiting on a call back or an email and haven't had any luck...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
spooork wrote: I also do it for my folk's place with Fido.
So that’s pretty much my story. Rogers always gave my parents crap rates for mobility and internet cause they are at a location without fibe and quote on quote from rogers “no competition”.

So I cancelled my mobility and my parents, went to bell for $50/m unlimited 20gb data per line, cancelled my internet for bell. So rogers called. I declined for my home but tbh eh extended this offer to my parents place which I took cause my parent’s can’t get fibe
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
Searchin4deals wrote: OP, thank you.

what deal did Bell offer you?
I got $75+tax for 1gb down from bell. Good for 1 year. Couldn’t get it directly from bell, basically a 3rd party seller for bell service. It’s still a direct account with bell.
LoANeal wrote: I cancelled my internet since they weren't willing to give me any discounts anymore, despite having Fibre competition from Bell. Still waiting on a call back or an email and haven't had any luck...
Call the win back number and give it a shot. In the past for my rogers mobility I cancelled and never got winback call, but someone posted on rfd and they still offered it to me cause they saw I had a cancelled account.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18598 posts
5432 upvotes
Scarberia
same plan i got, its for loyal long time customers i was told...theres a better 1gb ignite smart stream, u get the new voice activated remote box and new black modem plus 1 year of free disneyPlus..its 60$! i should have gotten that instead

FYI, everyone is gonna get a price increase of +4$ a month starting in january!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: same plan i got, its for loyal long time customers i was told...theres a better 1gb ignite smart stream, u get the new voice activated remote box and new black modem plus 1 year of free disneyPlus..its 60$! i should have gotten that instead
I won’t lie, rogers was acceptable with speeds but I do admit switching to bell is a lot faster … same 1gb down but bell is stable 600-800mbs down (actual speed test) whereas rogers always varied from 300-700 depending on the time of the day/night

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)