Rogers

Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 4:28 pm
Dec 26, 2008
344 posts
181 upvotes
Ottawa
jjpun wrote: I am planning to make the switch to bell after years of song and dance with Rogers.
Bell offered me 1 gbps for 49.99. (124.99-75.00). The 75.00 they offered was not time sensitive and permanently on my account (so they say), so no more yearly threat to cancel with Rogers. Obviously they said if regular price goes up, your price will go up.

Added $10 dollars for fibre tv + 1 year of crave.
if 75 is permanently discount, that would be good. All the offer I got with Bell is only for 12 months without any contract.
Jun 26, 2005
169 posts
52 upvotes
Aymer wrote: if 75 is permanently discount, that would be good. All the offer I got with Bell is only for 12 months without any contract.
yes - it is permanent. I asked about 5 times to confirm
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
jjpun wrote: yes - it is permanent. I asked about 5 times to confirm
When did you get this offer with bell?
Jan 5, 2005
32 posts
Markham
Could I ask how and where you got that offer from Bell? I'm tired of playing games with Rogers and it's time to jump ship.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1037 posts
1628 upvotes
They should call it the TOO LITTLE TOO LATE offer.
Jun 26, 2005
169 posts
52 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: When did you get this offer with bell?
got a flyer in the mail about 3 weeks ago - probably targeted and postal code specific. Service is for M2N area code.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
jjpun wrote: got a flyer in the mail about 3 weeks ago - probably targeted and postal code specific. Service is for M2N area code.
That’s a really sweet deal. I won’t lie I’m jelly, especially the don’t need to play the dance part
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2468 posts
621 upvotes
Anyone can post the Bell Flyer by any chance?
King of the farm
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
jjpun wrote: got a flyer in the mail about 3 weeks ago - probably targeted and postal code specific. Service is for M2N area code.
Definitely targeted from the sounds of it. I spoke to bell just now, can’t seem to get the deal you got. They said you likely have some sort of deal that was worked out between you and your condo builder? Could be a load of crap though.
Dec 21, 2009
529 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
I am currently pay 75 for 1gb, how could I get this deal? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2386 posts
1645 upvotes
In my area this is a fantastic deal since Rogers reign supreme here

Im on the Fido 42.50/mo 150u. Dont feel the need to go 1GB speed but in RFD math this seems like an awesome deal for me
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
lovesong wrote: I am currently pay 75 for 1gb, how could I get this deal? Thanks!
With rogers? This is a winback deal, call them and threaten to cancel. Worse case, actually cancel and wait like 10 days see if you get a winback request, if you don’t, call the winback number I posted in the screenshot and they will likely honour the deal if you have a cancelled account.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: In my area this is a fantastic deal since Rogers reign supreme here

Im on the Fido 42.50/mo 150u. Dont feel the need to go 1GB speed but in RFD math this seems like an awesome deal for me
This is also true for my parents. They are paying $50 a month for 150 with Fido. Only cause they can’t get bell fibe, so I told rogers to extend this winback offer to my parents and they did.
Dec 2, 2009
809 posts
364 upvotes
Markham
I was with Robbers, then switched to Bell $99 for 1.5Gb and some cable package (premium?). Rogers called back offering $50 for gigabit which I took and am currently on so it's possible you can get even better price on the winback.
Dec 13, 2014
211 posts
79 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
No Dice here in North Oshawa (L1K). $99 for 1 Gig was the best offer.

Can't wait til FTTH is available here.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2610 posts
1576 upvotes
Etobicoke
Thanks OP for sharing this.

I called the number OP provided. I left rogers 2 years ago, So, they cannot offer winback plan. But transferred me to another department.

Current 500 Mbps is $114.99 = I will be getting $60 off + additional $10 off for next 2 years(No Contract). So, its 44.99 per month. If they increase the price of the 500 Mbps plan then it will go up.

12 months of free Disney plus.

He also mentioned about Rogers streaming device similar to Firestick. I didnt pay much attention to it.

There will be also $40 one time activation cost.

Currently i am paying $32.5 with Fido and thats expiring by end of the month.

Current cheapest plan i can get is $37.5 with Fido.

Is this Rogers deal good ?
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: Thanks OP for sharing this.

I called the number OP provided. I left rogers 2 years ago, So, they cannot offer winback plan. But transferred me to another department.

Current 500 Mbps is $114.99 = I will be getting $60 off + additional $10 off for next 2 years(No Contract). So, its 44.99 per month. If they increase the price of the 500 Mbps plan then it will go up.

12 months of free Disney plus.

He also mentioned about Rogers streaming device similar to Firestick. I didnt pay much attention to it.

There will be also $40 one time activation cost.

Currently i am paying $32.5 with Fido and thats expiring by end of the month.

Current cheapest plan i can get is $37.5 with Fido.

Is this Rogers deal good ?
It’s not bad offer imo. I donno if you need 1gb, if you do I have a contact that might be able to get you $75 no activation and prob 1y Disney. Pm me if you need.

But honestly I think your deal is better if 500 is good enough for you with 30 up

Btw I’m 100% you can fight off that activation. If you can that would be a good deal
Last edited by I3arcode on Dec 7th, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
2610 posts
1576 upvotes
Etobicoke
I3arcode wrote: It’s not bad offer imo. I donno if you need 1gb, if you do I have a contact that might be able to get you $75 no activation and prob 1y Disney. Pm me if you need.

But honestly I think your deal is better if 500 is good enough for you with 30 up
I have 75Mbps with Fido and using my own router. It's more than enough for me.

My main goal is cutting down cost. So, 1gb is not required.

But thanks for the offer.
[OP]
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
specialoffers wrote: I have 75Mbps with Fido and using my own router. It's more than enough for me.

My main goal is cutting down cost. So, 1gb is not required.

But thanks for the offer.
I’m 100% they can waive the activation. I think your agent just wasn’t willing to.

Also don’t forget to check if they will charge you a monthly modem rental, that’s also a bs charge. It better be 45+tax all in or 35+10(modem rental)+tax
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2935 posts
879 upvotes
Scarborough
echotango wrote: I to had to play the annual price game with both Bell and Rogers for years, I went to Teksavvy and have not looked back. While they are not perfect and have recently increased their rates, they still have the best deal on high speed internet cable or slower DSL services.
What best deal? I'm with them for the past 10yr...

Too embarrassed to disclose what I'm paying for a comparatively pitiful slow speed. RFD probably would tar n feather n ban me for life. Just can't risk disruption with WFH. Disappointed Face