Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

Rogers home internet winback $53.99+tax 1GB download unlimited ymmv

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2022 4:28 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: What best deal? I'm with them for the past 10yr...

Too embarrassed to disclose what I'm paying for a comparatively pitiful slow speed. RFD probably would tar n feather n ban me for life. Just can't risk disruption with WFH. Disappointed Face
Rfd might tell you that you got a bad deal, but ultimately everyone here is posting so others can potentially get a better deal.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7153 posts
3332 upvotes
Canuckland
I3arcode wrote: It is really annoying though… honestly telco in Canada are just squeezing out every penny they can… they are just hoping you’re too lazy to call them or don’t want to wait in the long phone queue. The perfect customer is the ignorant one for them…
It is what it is, as long as the CRTC allows it there won’t be any change. Money talks
Member
Nov 13, 2019
241 posts
413 upvotes
Does Rogers attempt the "win back" if you cancel for a future date? Right now I'm paying $75/month for 500 mbps but I'm in a condo that offers FibreStream and even with buying a router it makes sense to switch to FibreStream for $50/month for 750 mpbs.

I'd like to call and cancel my Rogers for end of the month and schedule Fibe to install a few days before that. Would Rogers give me a win back offer i) after I call to cancel, or ii) at the end of the month when service actually stops?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
bigtuna99 wrote: Does Rogers attempt the "win back" if you cancel for a future date? Right now I'm paying $75/month for 500 mbps but I'm in a condo that offers FibreStream and even with buying a router it makes sense to switch to FibreStream for $50/month for 750 mpbs.

I'd like to call and cancel my Rogers for end of the month and schedule Fibe to install a few days before that. Would Rogers give me a win back offer i) after I call to cancel, or ii) at the end of the month when service actually stops?
Not sure. I literally set up my bell, called rogers that same day I got my bell and canceled for the next day. returned the modem the next day and they emailed me right away. Literally less than 24 hours from my service cancelled.

If I were you, and you don’t mind switching around. I would literally set up new service and cancel rogers. Then even if they don’t reach out to you, just call the winback number I posted in my photo. If they see you have a cancelled account, they will very likely extend the offer to you. I got them to extend to my parents even though my parents haven’t cancelled yet
Banned
Nov 2, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: same plan i got, its for loyal long time customers i was told...theres a better 1gb ignite smart stream, u get the new voice activated remote box and new black modem plus 1 year of free disneyPlus..its 60$! i should have gotten that instead

FYI, everyone is gonna get a price increase of +4$ a month starting in january!
How loyal does one have to be? How may I get this deal? I have been with Rogers for cellular many years. Internet I just got earlier this year
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
kcgobeyond wrote: How loyal does one have to be? How may I get this deal? I have been with Rogers for cellular many years. Internet I just got earlier this year
Read my post above, you don’t need to be loyal for long, even less than 1 year
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 20, 2011
129 posts
118 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: Yeah it is. I edited the title
Please edit to 1 Gbps Download Speed - Unlimited. I see people getting confused thinking it is 1GB of Data like a cellphone plan. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Banned
Nov 2, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: Cancelled my rogers internet cause I set up bell fibe. Got a email from rogers with winback deal in less than 24 hours.

$53.99+tax

1GB speed
So Bell didnt get a chance to set up at your house yet right
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20773 posts
31081 upvotes
ONTARIO
I got this random email from Rogers the other day (Dec 2nd).

$59.99 for 1Gbit internet + SmartStream device + 12 Months Disney+
Might be worth it for some here?

Full size image here: https://i.imgur.com/dUJRA8M.png
Images
  • screencapture-view-e-rogers-2021-12-02-17_27_55.png
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
kcgobeyond wrote: So Bell didnt get a chance to set up at your house yet right
No I set up bell, physically using bell then cancel my rogers.
Sr. Member
Sep 27, 2008
913 posts
729 upvotes
bigtuna99 wrote: Does Rogers attempt the "win back" if you cancel for a future date? Right now I'm paying $75/month for 500 mbps but I'm in a condo that offers FibreStream and even with buying a router it makes sense to switch to FibreStream for $50/month for 750 mpbs.

I'd like to call and cancel my Rogers for end of the month and schedule Fibe to install a few days before that. Would Rogers give me a win back offer i) after I call to cancel, or ii) at the end of the month when service actually stops?
If you have an option other than Rogers/Bell why aren't you switching? I'd pay more to not have to deal with Rogers/Bell
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
rainor94 wrote: If you have an option other than Rogers/Bell why aren't you switching? I'd pay more to not have to deal with Rogers/Bell
This is true… the problem is all other service providers (teksavvy, distributel, etc) are just renting lines from rogers and bell. Sad reality is that telco in Canada is actually a pretty big monopoly even though they claim there are other companies providing service and it’s not. At the end, they are all just bell/rogers resellers
Sr. Member
Sep 27, 2008
913 posts
729 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: This is true… the problem is all other service providers (teksavvy, distributel, etc) are just renting lines from rogers and bell. Sad reality is that telco in Canada is actually a pretty big monopoly even though they claim there are other companies providing service and it’s not. At the end, they are all just bell/rogers resellers
He had mentioned FibreStream. FibreStream has their own lines.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
rainor94 wrote: He had mentioned FibreStream. FibreStream has their own lines.
I actually never heard of fibre stream
Newbie
May 1, 2016
67 posts
39 upvotes
Pickering, ON
BobSagget wrote: I got this random email from Rogers the other day (Dec 2nd).

$59.99 for 1Gbit internet + SmartStream device + 12 Months Disney+
Might be worth it for some here?

Full size image here: https://i.imgur.com/dUJRA8M.png
Here's the sad truth of being outside Fibre areas:
Images
  • Screenshot_20211207_152247_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg
Sr. Member
Jul 23, 2010
777 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
My Rogers yearly deal expired today and this post reminded me to renew. I did live chat and was able to get a 12 month credit again a bit a few dollars more now $65 plus tax.
Member
Nov 13, 2019
241 posts
413 upvotes
I3arcode wrote: Not sure. I literally set up my bell, called rogers that same day I got my bell and canceled for the next day. returned the modem the next day and they emailed me right away. Literally less than 24 hours from my service cancelled.

If I were you, and you don’t mind switching around. I would literally set up new service and cancel rogers. Then even if they don’t reach out to you, just call the winback number I posted in my photo. If they see you have a cancelled account, they will very likely extend the offer to you. I got them to extend to my parents even though my parents haven’t cancelled yet

If I switch to FibreStream I need to buy a router as well, and have someone come and do the install in my condo (it's free, but still an inconvenience). The router will pay for itself within the first few months with the price savings versus Rogers, but I don't want to go through the hassle of switching, purchasing the router, and having someone do the install, just to end up cancelling and going back to Rogers. If Rogers would match the $50 price I'd stick with them, but once I go through the hassle of moving over to FibreStream, Rogers aint winning me back.

So basically I'd want the 'win back' offer before FibreStream is actually purchased/installed.


kcgobeyond wrote: How loyal does one have to be? How may I get this deal? I have been with Rogers for cellular many years. Internet I just got earlier this year
Loyalty doesn't actually mean anything with Rogers, it's just a word they use when they want to give you a discount. My cell phone account was opened 1980. Yes that's 40+ years. Internet account has only been open for 2 years. Rogers couldn't give a crap when I point out my loyalty to them, I get the same old "sorry this is the best offer I have available for you" which is always still way overpriced.


rainor94 wrote: If you have an option other than Rogers/Bell why aren't you switching? I'd pay more to not have to deal with Rogers/Bell
It's already set up and other than the annual "give me a better plan" phone call I make, I don't have to deal with Rogers at all. I'd stick with them if they price matched FibreStream but if that's not going to happen then yeah I'm going to switch away from Rogers.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
coolibop wrote: Here's the sad truth of being outside Fibre areas:
It’s a really sad truth… that’s the story for my parents. But I managed to get rogers to extend this $54 offer to my parents. So I think it’s worth a shot, obviously ymmv
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jul 8, 2019
115 posts
91 upvotes
bigtuna99 wrote: If I switch to FibreStream I need to buy a router as well, and have someone come and do the install in my condo (it's free, but still an inconvenience). The router will pay for itself within the first few months with the price savings versus Rogers, but I don't want to go through the hassle of switching, purchasing the router, and having someone do the install, just to end up cancelling and going back to Rogers. If Rogers would match the $50 price I'd stick with them, but once I go through the hassle of moving over to FibreStream, Rogers aint winning me back.

So basically I'd want the 'win back' offer before FibreStream is actually purchased/installed.





Loyalty doesn't actually mean anything with Rogers, it's just a word they use when they want to give you a discount. My cell phone account was opened 1980. Yes that's 40+ years. Internet account has only been open for 2 years. Rogers couldn't give a crap when I point out my loyalty to them, I get the same old "sorry this is the best offer I have available for you" which is always still way overpriced.





It's already set up and other than the annual "give me a better plan" phone call I make, I don't have to deal with Rogers at all. I'd stick with them if they price matched FibreStream but if that's not going to happen then yeah I'm going to switch away from Rogers.

Yeah I can understand, maybe set up with bell first, bell is possible to waive activation and install fee. Then while this is happening talk to rogers. Like I said, less than 24 hours they came to me. I got it for my parents who hasn’t cancelled cause they don’t have fibre service in their area.

Even if they don’t call you or reach out to you. If you have a cancelled account, winback team will likely do something for you to reopen.

I hope this helps.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20773 posts
31081 upvotes
ONTARIO
coolibop wrote: Here's the sad truth of being outside Fibre areas:
I don't have bell fibre where I am. The best Bell offers is $120 for 50Mbps here, which is an absolute joke. I definitely despise Rogers as a company, but thankfully their pricing for gigabit internet here is reasonable in comparison to Bell. Imagine paying $120 for 50Mbps. Gtfo of here.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)